[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was in Wisconsin visiting some friends and they took me to their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Was in Wisconsin visiting some friends and they took me to their favorite Chinese restaurant, and my friends asked for both menus, one just for non Asians and one for Asians, and I was surprised by this

Does your favorite Chinese restaurant or any ethnic restaurant
have two different menus? One for the people who aren't that ethnic group and one for those who are?
>>
say what?
>>
This is every serious Chinese restaurant in the US anon. Americans won't eat Chinese food that isn't americanized. On the coasts there are enough Asian immigrants to support legit Chinese food but fuggedaboutit in flyover.

http://www.westword.com/restaurants/tian-xia-on-hot-pot-chinese-food-in-denver-and-the-bronze-empire-8392049

Noticed this interview recently while I was out and about, it goes into it a little.
>>
We kind of have this in Canada at chinese/asian places. But its all on one menu, and the non asian food is called "kids section" (hamburgers, fries, chicken nuggets, etc). Most places do have a few things like chicken balls and egg fu yung though.
>>
>>8197662
>This is every serious Chinese restaurant in the US anon. Americans won't eat Chinese food that isn't americanized. On the coasts there are enough Asian immigrants to support legit Chinese food but fuggedaboutit in flyover.
>http://www.westword.com/restaurants/tian-xia-on-hot-pot-chinese-food-in-denver-and-the-bronze-empire-8392049
>Noticed this interview recently while I was out and about, it goes into it a little.
lol okay, we'll keep this secret to ourselves http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/04/travel/04frugalweb-1.html
>>
>>8197639
Sort of. Most Chinese places won't have one, but if you live in a place with a sizeable population some of them might.

Our authentic Chinese (it's really just Cantonese) restaurant calls it the "red menu". They also serve dim sum on weekends. They are the only restaurant in the area which does this, which sucks because they don't really have to compete for this target demographic and so their menu is lacking and many of the items subpar.
>>
>>8197639
I've never seen a Chinese restaurant have a "separate" menu that was printed and in English.
>>
>>8198189
That's changing a lot now, restaurants used to not be that way but in major cities there's usually at least a few places that will have an English authentic Chinese menu
>>
>>8197639
Asian fusion? Huan Xi? If you're going to a decent Chinese restaurant in WI you're probably in Milwaukee or Madison

t. Chinese Major at UWM
>>
File: 200px-Neckbeards.png (51KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Neckbeards.png
51KB, 200x195px
>"No, I'd like to see the REAL menu, please"
>wink wink
>>
File: IMG_1511.png (207KB, 398x531px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1511.png
207KB, 398x531px
>>8199035
>excuse me, madame.
>Would it be within normal operating parameters for a gentlemen such as myself- to partake in... the act of vaping? Indoors I mean of course
>>
In Auckland, New Zealand, most Chinese restaurant has an english and chinese menu, but the good stuff is all written in chinese on the wall.
>>
>>8199035
你可以说“嘿,服务员安。。。服务员儿!给我中国菜单!”
>>
>>8199035
>presents the family sword to show his worthiness
>>
as far as I know there is just a single menu at the places I go in pittsburgh, but they'll ask how hot you want something on a 1 to 10 scale and if you're asian or insistent the scale is actually 1 to 20
>>
>>8199057
Wellington nz here. Can confirm. The Chinese restaurants do have separate menus but it's just for language. the contents are the same.
The Chinese language specials on the wall are what you want but I won't get them without a Chinese speaker with me.
>>
>>8197639
I live in Massachusetts and a couple nice places I went to had one big menu which had half written in chinese
>>
>>8197639
some do. i know one in particular here in montreal that has it written on the walls in chinese so only those literate in chinese can order. it looks like decorative writing too. very clever.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.