[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do with bacon grease? I'm living off bacon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: grease-main.jpg (76KB, 595x290px) Image search: [Google]
grease-main.jpg
76KB, 595x290px
What do you do with bacon grease?

I'm living off bacon and eggs the next few weeks, because it's cheap as fuck here, and I want to increase the fat and protein and lower carb intake. I've got a ton of bacon fat now. What are some tasty things to do with it?
>>
>>8197560
You can put bacon grease in your eggs to make it taste like bacon
Also, you can put bacon grease on your bacon to make it taste like bacon
>>
>>8197576
What about when I'm not on bacon and eggs? My finances improve next month, and I can start eating other things.
>>
>>8197560
First thing that comes to my mind is liver and onions. Any good liver and onions starts with bacon grease.

Most things you would cook in a skillet can be cooked with bacon fat instead of butter or oil. Try grilled cheese this way it's unbelievable
>>
>>8197587
Use in place of any other oil in any recipe, except for baking, numbnuts.
>>
>>8197576
>Also, you can put bacon grease on your bacon to make it taste like bacon

> is it 2011 epic meal time all over again ?
>>
>>8197606
>>8197611

This. I don't have or know of any "special recipes"/"ways to use bacon grease" that you wouldn't use any other kind of fat or oil from. The only thing I could tell you is that when you substitute bacon grease for anything else except maybe pure lard, it's going to taste a lot better (i.e. vegetable oil, canola oil, etc.)
>>
>>8197560
Use the bacon grease to make a rue for a white gravy. You can also substitute the bacon grease for butter in biscuits. Biscuits and gravy.

Use the bacon grease in a pie crust to make a pie shell and use the bacon and eggs to make a quiche.

Bacon grease can also be used for fry other thinks like cornbread for a corn bread flapjack.

Home fries cooked in bacon grease are also delicious just some chopped potatoe and onion salt pepper poof yum achieved.
>>
Bacon grease is better than any other fat out there for roasting vegetables it's especially good for potatoes.
>>
So to summarize so far, use it in everything but baking. Bacon mayo, bacon salad dressings, anything with an oil or a fat?

Sounds great.
>>
>>8197560
It's great for cooking spinach and most other vegetables.
>>
>>8197939
I make mayonnaise with it sometimes. It's fucking good.
>>
>>8197560
deep fry in bacon greese
>>
>>8197560
Make bacon greece cookies
>>
Microwave it and drink it (careful! Too hot might damage your tongue and throat)
>>
>>8197560
You smear a tiny bit on your face to help moisturize before bed.
>>
put it in my dogs food. I get enough fat already. Needless to say, he goes apeshit over it hahah
>>
Re-fried beans
>>
>>8197587
When I was cooking some meat for a sauce I make I used a little bit of bacon grease instead of butter and it came out fucking amazing. There's all kinds of uses for it.
>>
>>8197560
couple tablespoons of it is really good for dumplings for chicken and dumplings
>>
Bacon grease is awesome as a base to make a salad dressing with. Spinach that takes like bacon is a top tier side
>>
Heat it up to 350, and fry the hell out of just about anything. It is also good for vegetable saute. Some people also brush it on brussel sprouts then top it with cheese and broil it in the oven.
>>
>>8200248
Do you have to serve the dressing hot? It seems like a bacon grease dressing would solidify again at rimy temperature.
>>
Use bacon fat to grease loaf pans when baking bread. Put a couple of tablespoons on top of the loaf about 3/4 of the way through the process. Great with cheese breads.
>>
>>8200240
don't forget dumplings
>>
>>8201256
Not hot, but at least warm. It's less of an issue once you've got the vinegar and everything else mixed in.
>>
>>8197560
I rub it on my d!<K
>>
File: 1465442803661[1].jpg (98KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
1465442803661[1].jpg
98KB, 1000x563px
cover myself from head to toe with it and strangle people
>>
Throw it away.
>>
>>8200207
you are a cool anon
>>
Refried beans.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.