[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to make some steak fajitas tonight, but I'm not sure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: steak-fajitas-600.jpg (72KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
steak-fajitas-600.jpg
72KB, 600x400px
I want to make some steak fajitas tonight, but I'm not sure what kind of steak I should buy? I only have a walmart, target or cub foods around. Cub has a decent deli.
>>
Skirt steak
>>
>>8196355
Next option if that isn't available? Is flank fine?

I'm not sure what cub has but I know they have new York strip and flank for sure
>>
>>8196355

Yep, skirt steak is best. Flank steak could be an alternative but it's not as good IMHO.
>>
>>8196374
Ok, I'll hope for the best when I swing by cub.

I just want to make some juicy steak fajitas.

Do you guys do a marinade or just season it and cook it? I'm cooking it all on a cast iron and I figured I'd cook it with the peppers and shit once they are done ish and sear it for a minute and a half on high with some garlic and red pepper
>>
>>8196379
I marinade first.

I would advise against cooking it all together. You want really high heat when cooking fajitas. Putting all those veggies in the pan with the meat is going to overcrowd it.

Get the pan smoking hot, sear the meat. treat it just like a steak: you want a strong sear on the outside while the inside is still pink. Let the meat rest while you then cook the veggies in the meat juices left behind in the pan.

Slice the meat across the grain, then serve.
>>
>>8196382
Ok, good point. I've not done steak fajitas only chicken and I do the chicken like that, but with chicken I season the shut out of it and cook it with the peppers and it's great.

I'll try it separate, and look up some marinades for fajitas.
>>
>>8196382
Looks like my store only sells flank steak.
>>
>>8196444
Good. Marinade w lime juice, heavy dash of soy sauce, garlic, onion, cilantro stems.
>>
>>8196496
And get some chipotle en adobo and mex oregano for the final cookup
>>
>>8196348
im actually doing some with blade and salsa in slow cooker for 8 hours. than pulled and mixt
>>
>>8196496
How long? 2 hours ?
>>
>>8197214

Ideally overnight.
>>
>>8197224
Yeah I read it's not good with acidic marinades though for too long.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.