[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>an ENTIRE head of lettuce only has 75 calories how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

File: Romaine-lettuce.jpg (57KB, 504x427px) Image search: [Google]
Romaine-lettuce.jpg
57KB, 504x427px
>an ENTIRE head of lettuce only has 75 calories

how do vegetarians even live
>>
>>8192346
like.....nuts?
>>
>>8192349
>lettuce and nuts

what a fulfilling lifestyle
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>8192350
This threads gay lets post sinks
>>
>>8192354

don't get v& bro
>>
Frequent meals, I eat about 3-5 meals a day plus snacks if I can manage. Lots of protein bread, grains, nuts, beans, cheese, etc.

I just ate an organic grilled cheese on ezekiel bread with some homemade ghost pepper hot sauce, it was so delicious I decided to come here and talk about it. Mission complete, back to homeworks.
>>
Eat big to get big

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNgA06xE_Ng&t=98
>>
>>8192535
What the fuck
>>
>>8192535
Never go full retard
>>
File: tony.jpg (711KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tony.jpg
711KB, 1280x960px
>>8192535
Christ...
>>
File: image.png (330KB, 640x745px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
330KB, 640x745px
>>8192346
Indian food and Taco Bell senpai
>>
>>8192403
>vegetarian
>not full vegan
Don't you want to be a walking stick of a person like my vegan colleague?
(He's a nice guy and doesn't day much about bring a vegan tho so he's a'ight)
>>
File: Biel Za.jpg (60KB, 455x478px) Image search: [Google]
Biel Za.jpg
60KB, 455x478px
>>8192535
That shit has got to be expen$ive.
>1st world problems

Speaking of shit, I wonder what her's are like.
>>
>>8192735
No doubt very watery, green and explosive. I'd bet money she farts excessively, too. Wet, swampy, vegetal farts.
>>
>>8192535
none of that is digestible/bioavailable in that quantity
>>
>>8192764
Clearly has mental issues and an eating disorder. Most people would realize there's something wrong when they have diarrhea every day.
>>
>>8192346
what are pasta, rice, bread, grains, legumes, nuts, bananas, potatoes, avocados, squash, etc
>>
>>8192535
If she's trying to convince anyone to go vegan I think she may reconsider her communication strategy.
She looks like she has a disease.
>>
I eat LOTS of raw and cooked vegetables (cooking releases lots of nutrients/calories), raw and cooked beans/lentils, raw fruit, raw nuts and seeds, cooked mushrooms, and some unrefined whole grains (steel cut oats, whole wheat berries, wild rice) but only like once or twice a week. I never use oil or salt for anything. I also take b12 and vitamin d supplements.

I bet I'm healthier than you OP.
>>
People can't really be this dumb, can they? I mean, do they really just think vegetarian food is just lettuce salad and sad meatless burgers?
>>
>>8193108
>People can't really be this dumb, can they?

I see people replying to troll posts often on this board, so yeah, they really are this dumb.
>>
>>8192346
My experience is that people eating salads for meals aren't usually vegetarian or vegan, they're people concerned about losing or maintaining a specific weight. I eat a mostly vegan diet and rarelt find myself eating salad for a meal because it isn't very satisfying. If I were going to make a meal involving romaine lettuce there would probably be other things like fava beans and tahini dressing involved to jack up the calorie/nutritional content enough to actually make it a meal.
>>
>>8192346

Last night for dinner I had a refried bean burrito, some walnuts, and baked acorn squash, with fresh home-made poppy seed mochi for dessert. Lunch was grilled cheese (chao) on home-made poppy seed rolls, and leftover pasta with home-made tomato sauce and lentil balls.

Notice how I don't eat any lettuce?
>>
>>8193085
>I also take b12 and vitamin d supplements.
but why? just eat herring from time to time. and a daily glass of milk and a bit of cheese. and you can still be vegan. red fish and dairy are perfectly natural things to eat.
>>
>>8192735
ahahahaha that pic made me lose all my respect for her
>>
>>8193197
>Eat fish and dairy
>Be vegan
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>>8192346
You know what is the saddest thing about OP?

That he is so completely ignorant about food that he can't even think what vegetarians would eat except lettuce. Like that is the only vegetable he can even name.

That is honestly enough kinda expected in this board.
>>
>>8192756
I actually eat like her regularly. My bowel movements are quite firm and have no more odor than a warm biscuit
>>
>>8193304
Spurdo goes with everything
>>
> lettuce is the only Veg that exists
> the problem is definitely not my own ignorance on this topic
>>
>>8193206
there are many different types of veganism
>>
>>8192346
>potatoes
>rice
>pasta
>nuts
>peanut butter
>fucking Oreos
There's a lot of fat vegans out there
>>
>>8192346
by eating grains, some of the most calorie dense foods available?

retard
>>
>>8193441

No, there's one kind of vegan exactly. You're thinking of vegetarianism. Pescetarianism is where the only meat you eat is from fish, but it's not a type of vegetarianism.

All vegans are vegetarian, but not all vegetarians are vegan. Neither vegans nor vegetarians eat fish.
>>
>>8192535
low fat high carb people are crazy
>>
>>8193482

trufax

Regular veganism for most vegans just means mexican+indian food, with beans instead of meat, and variations of those themes + occasionally buying fancy Chao or Miyoki cheese and non-dairy ice cream and stuff.
>>
>vegetarian
>eating lettuce
lettuce is the griefers plant. Nutritionally devoid if anything but makes you feel healthy cuz your eating plants
>>
>>8192535
Shes actually in her late 20s.

Thats what veganism does to the body
>>
>>8193441
But thats pescatarian and is actually a pretty healthy diet unlike being vegan
>>
>>8193131
If you have to put a parenthesis next to an item rather then call it for what it is then I question just how authentic a diet really is.
>>
>>8193449
Can Vegans eat Oreos? I remember once upon a time they were salty because they felt deceived and could not.
>>
"No, Oreo have milk as cross contact and therefore they are not suitable for vegans."
>>
>>8192535

Unnatural Vegan is the only vegan on youtube I can stand, also her diet seems more reasonably close to what I eat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4_qk0LspYE
>>
>>8193552

If you're vegan for religious reasons then it's not suitable, but most vegans don't care (even about whether it's "certified vegan") as long as it wasn't intentionally added.
>>
>>8193563
Which religion requires veganism? Alot of Indians are vegetarian just because theres tons of Indian dishes that happen to already be vegetarian. I don't know of any religion where you have to be vegan
>>
I'm on an 4500 kcal vegan diet. It's all good.
>>
>>8192346
Because rice has tons of calories.
>>
>>8193206
scallops and mussels
>no central nervous system
>>
>>8193476
I know a girl who is vegan and she drinks her coffee with milk. Vegan by definition is a phase. Every person who is vegan was most likely vegetarian before that and normal even before that. So veganness is always a temporary thing.
>>
Lettuce and greens are for roughage and micronutrients. Calories come from fats and proteins like soy, nuts, cheese, oils, etc.
>>
>>8193577
A lot of Jains
>>
>>8193694
>I know a girl who is vegan and she drinks her coffee with milk.

Then she isn't vegan. "Veganism" actually has a specific definition; the word was invented by The Vegan Society, which determines what does or does not constitute veganism. She is a lacto-vegetarian, which is something else entirely.
>>
>>8193694
>veganness is always a temporary thing.
Life is a temporary thing. I have a friend who has been vegan for forty years. Dude is in his 60's and totally healthy, no medications.
>>
>>8193753
>She is a lacto-vegetarian
she doesnt even wear leather. she is not vegetarian, she is vegan.
>>8193761
maybe his vit b12 storages were more than full when he started. his medical probelms will start in his 70s, no question.

most vegans eat meat in secret.
>>
>>8193781
This guy's parents were both doctors, and his brother is a doctor - he receives regular medical checkups, and has made it into his 60's with a completely clean bill of health. If something were wrong with him he'd know, because he's from a family of doctors.
>>
>>8192349
>tfw you've seen vegans saying that nuts should only be eaten in moderation and that even plant-fats are poison

>>8192792
>what are pasta, rice, bread
Could have stopped there and it'd still apply to the majority, so healthy!

>>8193085
I hope this is a troll but I'll take the bait.

Cooking denatures some nutrition but it also makes more bioavailable. A lot of nutrition in raw foods is bound up in forms that your body can't make use of.
For example, all the calcium in brassica is bound up in calcium oxalate which your body can't use and simply floats around potentially clumping together and becoming a kidney stone. While cooking reduces the overall amount of calcium in the plant it also converts some into a form that is actually usable by your body so it's a net gain in the nutrition that you actually get from eating.
Some foods also have compounds in their raw state that are antinutritive, that is they actually hamper your ability to absorb nutrition, and some are even downright toxic such as cassava or chaya leaves. Beans often have antinutritive properties when raw and some are also toxic.

If you're already getting whole wheat berries then you might as well just get whole oat groats too instead of going with the steel cut meme.
I love wild rice and it's one of my favourite foods but it's not terribly impressive nutritionally.
>>
>>8192535
jesus christ people are just mindless, impressionable walking stereotypes. what a shit world.
>>
>>8193781
>she doesnt even wear leather. she is not vegetarian, she is vegan.

Vegans don't drink milk, by definition. If words mean anything, she is not vegan.

>https://www.vegansociety.com/go-vegan/definition-veganism

"Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose."

Milk is 100% incompatible with that definition, unless she lives in some remote Tibetan village where drinking yak milk is required to survive the harsh altitude.
>>
>>8193814

It's like someone a woman calling herself a lesbian who happens to like sucking dick.

Or an atheist who admits to praying the rosary on the weekend.

Or a husband who calls himself faithful, but goes to bars to get his dick sucked by strangers.

Or a vegetarian who thinks fish isn't meat.

Or someone "doing Keto" who likes oatmeal for breakfast
>>
>>8193833
You are spot on correct. But life isn't always black and white like that. I would never call myself a vegan because I eat meat and cheese once in a while. But on a day to day basis I eat what a vegan would eat. Because I'm not an absolutist.
>>
>>8192627
>never go full retard
reddit strikes again
>>
>>8192346
I would never go vegan but I'm glad vegans exist
Because I like fucking them
>>
>>8192535
Your are now picturing her shitting all that
>>
File: unnaturalvegan.jpg (45KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
unnaturalvegan.jpg
45KB, 660x330px
>>8193513
That's what raw veganism does to the body, especially when you take it to batshit extremes (it's already batshit extreme by default).

Swayze Foster is my waifu
>>
File: unnaturalvegan2.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
unnaturalvegan2.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>>8194042

Splenda and MSG queen coming through to slay the crunchy vegans
>>
>>8193449
THIS, so god damn much.
Every vegetarian I ever met had the 3 F's
FAT FEMALE FEMINIST
and every single one of them claimed the moral high ground while being unhealthy as fuck, eating vast amounts of sweets, greasy snacks, cheese and carb overload. I'm talking chips, fried potatoes, rice, pasta, cookies, candy, chocolate, donuts, cake, deep fried anything, shitloads of bread loaded with fats, anything but proper meat and they still claimed moral superiority and healthiness.
>>
>>8194089
>FAT FEMALE FEMINIST
I could see that with a college age crowd. With a more middle age crowd it seems most of the vegetarians are health conscious men, and the women are much more likely to be doing the gluten free thing.
>>
>>8194089
I couldn't think of a more disgusting kind of human.
>>
>>8193482
holy shit right? one of my friends girlfriends is one of those low fat high carb vegans.

she literally gets triggered whenever anyone mentions anything related to food or diets
>>
>>8192346
To be honest, it is deceptively easy to get fat as a vegetarian. The reason for this is because we often eat bread or starchy meals more frequent than people who just eat meat.

I really hope you don't assume that vegetarians only eat lettuce.
>>
>>8193562
>All those retards in the comments freaking out over her using MSG.
>>
>>8192346
vegetarians don't live, did you ever saw a vegan person alive ? of coursenot. they die instantly right after turning vegan.
>>
File: skinny-ted.jpg (28KB, 400x348px) Image search: [Google]
skinny-ted.jpg
28KB, 400x348px
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.