[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do these come ripe from the store or do you have to keep them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: avocado-on-a-wooden-table.jpg (32KB, 580x350px) Image search: [Google]
avocado-on-a-wooden-table.jpg
32KB, 580x350px
Do these come ripe from the store or do you have to keep them in the cupboard till their ready, how long does that take and how can you tell?
>>
>>8188092
Some times they come ripe, some times they don't.

You can tell their ripeness by their texture. Squeeze them lightly, as soon as they're not hard anymore they're good to go.
>>
>>8188092
no youll need to squeeze them
>>
If you wrap them in a paper bag they ripen a bit faster.
>>
Lol OP, good fucking question..

Usually I find that when you buy them from the supermarket they are not ripe. So you have to let them sit for a couple days and keep gently applying pressure with your hands to see when they're jusssttt beginning to be soft. That is when they're ripe. Heaven forbid you let them go past that stage or else you're in for brown spots.

I suppose you could sort through all the avocados in the bin at the store trying to find a ripe one you could use today, but I would be suspect if one was soft... it might be bruised or too ripe and then you get those brown spots.

So ok to answer your question - yeah you have to keep them in the cupboard for a couple days usually. Use them exactly when they have a tiny bit of give when you squeeze. Don't wait when you feel they're slightly soft. Annoying fucking thing isn't it?
>>
>>8188117
me in the middle
>>
I used to only get them ripe because they're so fucking expensive and I worried that the hard ones would go bad before getting soft..

Then I started buying in bulk..

Just make sure you buy from a quality source. I avoid US grown produce.
>>
when they ARE ripe, don't fucking hold off on eating them til the next day or that night or whatever

once avocados are ripe they turn into live grenades, spoiling into a sour, black and brown mess within hours
>>
>>8188325

cant you fridge em to stop that tho
>>
>>8188363
Yes. refrigeration retards ripening in avocados.
>>
>Do these come ripe from the store or do you have to keep them in the cupboard till their ready

either

>how long does that take and how can you tell

it takes a day or two

you can tell the ripeness by the stem

if it doesn't come off easily it's not ripe yet

if it comes off and it's brown under, it's overripe

you want a stem that is removed easily and green underneath
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.