[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw people add sugar/sweetener to tea or coffee Then why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (230KB, 1312x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
230KB, 1312x1080px
>mfw people add sugar/sweetener to tea or coffee

Then why don't you add sugar to beer or wine?
>>
>>8186973
When I was a hard wino I used to add sugar to cheap wine if it was on the dry side.
>>
>>8186973
Sometimes I add lemon/lime to beer and even coffee if it is shit enough.
>>
>>8186973

I add sugar to my beer in the form of malts when l make wort. Then I add corn sugar when I bottle in order to produce carbonation.
>>
>>8186973
wine is already sweet. some beers too
>>
File: 1424623164854.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1424623164854.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>>8186973
In the case of coffee I would argue that the snob mentality of drinking their coffee black is actually harmful, because even the people that prefer their coffee black still typically prefer coffees that have a slight natural sweetness. Therefore the types of coffee that are naturally sweet tend to become more popular among coffee aficionados. However, this means that the growers are essentially selectively breeding their coffee plants to produce sweeter beans which may happen at the cost of other flavors.

Consider bread leavened by baker's yeast to a bread leavened by a sourdough culture. The latter always has a more complex flavor, partly because the wild yeasts in it produce more aromatic compounds during fermentation, while commercial baker's yeast has been selectively bred to just produce as much gas as quickly as possible at the expense of flavor. The same thing is happening to coffee because coffee snobs can't bring themselves to add a pinch of sugar to their coffee and are thus placing an evolutionary pressure on the coffee plants to produce sweet beans, usually at the expense of complexity. Which is absolutely retarded, because sweetness is the one flavor (besides maybe acidity) that you can conveniently add to coffee because everyone has pure sucrose available that they can adjust the sweetness of the flavor with, but no one has vials of 4-hydroxy-2,5-dimethyl-3(2H)-furanone in their pantry to adjust the fruitiness of the aroma with.
>>
Beer and wine already have sugar.....that's why
>>
>>8187070
That's why Turkish coffee is best coffee
>>
because they already taste good without added sugar (and also have some residual sugar in them to begin with)
>>
>>8187070
Great post
>>
>>8187070
>he latter always has a more complex flavor, partly because the wild yeasts in it produce more aromatic compounds during fermentation, while commercial baker's yeast has been selectively bred to just produce as much gas as quickly as possible at the expense of flavor. The same thing is happening to coffee because coffee snobs can't bring themselves to add a pinch of sugar to their coffee and are thus placing an evolutionary pressure on the coffee plants to produce sweet beans, usually at the expense of complexity.

Damnit Michael Pollan I told you to keep off of /ck/

t. Nathan Myhrvold Ph.D
>>
>>8187164
>>8187070
Hey, you fucking faggots Dave Arnold here, learn to actually cook and use ingredients instead of doing your boughie liberal dickhead le creuset one-pot meals out of the Whole Foods magazine (Michael) or waste a fortune dicking around with the same industrial processes/ingredients Kraft has been using since the 60s and calling it "le edgy modernist" (Nathan)

why don't you both jack eachother off on another Netflix funded Jiro knockoff dry-hump you fucking HACKS
>>
>>8187070
As a microbiologist and a botanist, I agree with this pose.
>>
>>8187028

Just stop fermentation earlier and bottle. No need for priming really.
>>
File: 1421080395327.jpg (12KB, 252x253px) Image search: [Google]
1421080395327.jpg
12KB, 252x253px
>tfw can genuinely enjoy black coffee just fine
I don't even drink coffee much, so it's not an acquired taste either. Are my tasted buds just fucked or something?
>>
>>8187261

Waiting for fermentation to pretty much stop and measuring out priming sugar allows you to control the level of carbonation, though.
>>
>>8187070
I just like the taste of ash, so I drink dark roast.
>>
>>8186973
Beer and wine are already full of sugars, especially beer. Not to mention they aren't commonly drunken hot.
>>
>>8187070
except that the sweetness of a particular coffee is attributed more to how it's cured and roasted than its breeding

growers selectively breed coffea for maximum fruit production and disease resistance, and that's about it
>>
>>8187070
i imagine that people aren't adding sugar to coffee for the sweetness in and of itself but instead to get rid of the bitterness of poorly brewed coffee
you can have nicely brewed coffee that isn't sweet and isn't bitter
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.