[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are over 300 spices in the world Tell me how to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1475539513087.gif (2MB, 388x218px) Image search: [Google]
1475539513087.gif
2MB, 388x218px
>there are over 300 spices in the world
Tell me how to deal with this.
>>
Milk.
>>
>>8185494
Are there general groups of spices? Are there really similar spices to each other which may as well be countes as one?
>>
You don't need that many. Just buy cumin.
>>
>when you realize there are more spices in the world than atoms in the universe

Who else /fucking love science/ here?
>>
>>8185529
>t. mexican
cayenne and garlic are the goat spices
>>
Fry an egg....cut into 10 pieces....spice each one up...and youre a spice master
>>
Don't try to put them all in the same dish.
>>
>"Every day, an estimated 100 plant and animal species are lost to deforestation" . . . "A conservative estimate of the current extinction rate indicates that about 27,000 species a year are being lost." National Wildlife Federation

How many amazing herbs, spices, fruits etc have we accidentally destroyed forever by wiping out the rainforest? Imagine if we'd made tea or coffee extinct. Or potatoes, rice, or corn. It should be illegal to destroy a unique species through deforestation. Everyone involved should be jailed.

Terence McKenna spent the last years of his life trying to save as many psychedelic substances as he could from endangered parts of the rainforest and preserve them at his botanical gardens in Hawaii. We need more people like him.
>>
>>8185752

It's my dream to one day work to preserve biodiversity

Sadly my background is in humanities.. Still, I'll try. Promise.
>>
>>8185499
nut meg and cinnamon is like the same difference so ehy
>>
>>8185489
You do not need to use all of them.
In fact you can do this for every choice with a staggering amount of options. You don't need to try, do or even consider all of them.
>>
>>8185789
>It's my dream to one day work to preserve biodiversity
>Sadly my background is in humanities.. Still, I'll try. Promise.
plz dont. not with your background. you lack the understanding.
>>
>>8185752
>>8185789
Found a seedbank, or donate to one.

Alternatively: Ask them (seedbank) how you should go about protecting species of plants.
>>
>>8186371
Not that anon, but that's quite an assumption. You don't have to be STEM master race from birth to learn how to collect, transport and cultivate seeds/cuttings.

As long as you keep it contained so you're not introducing some virulent new species into the local ecosystem, there's not much that could go terribly wrong. It can't be worse than losing these species forever.

>>8185789
I think that's a noble dream anon, I hope you can find a way to pursue it.
>>
File: WMSB_Seedbank_070424AM009_0.jpg (66KB, 622x415px) Image search: [Google]
WMSB_Seedbank_070424AM009_0.jpg
66KB, 622x415px
>>8186725
Good call. Check out Kew Gardens' Millenium Seed Bank.
http://www.kew.org/science-conservation/collections/millennium-seed-bank/about-millennium-seed-bank
They've saved 36,333 species so far. And they have a science qt working there in a massive comfy coat.

Here's their promotional video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvL3B9594Vk
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.