[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /claypots/ here? I know we have a cast iron meme here but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
Who /claypots/ here? I know we have a cast iron meme here but I feel like clay pots are much more appropriate for curries, stews, sauces unlike cast iron. I know it's popular for making curries in india and probably other parts of the world.
>>
mhmm. watch where the pot comes from however. my daughter had acute lead poisoning and we traced it to a clay pot we cooked a lot in.
>>
>>8184628
Kind of scary...where did you get it from? Might be the glaze on the pot. My grandmother has a couple of unglazed clay pots and they are pretty nice.
>>
A number of them are also radioactive.

Some genius figured out that radioactive elements and other toxic heavy metal salts produced pretty, brightly colored glazes.
That genius is long dead.
>>
I just use them to eat in, hardly ever to cook. Sometimes I'll use them to cook something in the oven.
>>
File: fiesta.jpg (18KB, 400x314px) Image search: [Google]
fiesta.jpg
18KB, 400x314px
>>8184689
Fuck off retard. Those red fiesta plates were the shit. Eating off those plates everyday would only increase your radiation intake by 40mrem. Average yearly intake is 360-600 mrem and you don't start getting sick until you hit past 100 rem.

Uninformed assholes like you are why we are still stuck in the fossil fuel age
>>
File: 1473102224563.jpg (46KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473102224563.jpg
46KB, 600x600px
>>8184632
yup. nice little glaze. imported from Mexico, a nice gift until it tried to kill my daughter
>>
>>8184620
claypots are a meme
>>
>>8184790
You can eat from "the shit" while I eat from something that doesn't mutate my DNA.
I'm not stopping you! In fact, I encourage you to continue.
>>
I have one of the unglazed "roasting" ones that were popular a generation ago.

PITA to use to be honest, but the results are fine.
>>
>>8185237
>He says drinking bottled water.
>>
>>8185237
Actually you are mutating all the time whether you like it or not
>>
>>8185237

Top tip. Don't ever fly.
>>
>>8184620
I wouldn't buy one from an international market, but I have a few made in USA that are safe and they work really well for oven braises.
>>
>>8185364
You could even make your own. Go to a DIY pottery place, they provide you with a bisque (fired, unglazed piece) and all you do is paint it. They tell you which glazes are food safe, heat resistant and stuff like that.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.