[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For people who move (or have moved) back and forth from more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 764545.jpg (398KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
764545.jpg
398KB, 1600x1067px
For people who move (or have moved) back and forth from more populated cities to smaller ones, what are some trends or cuisines that you see lagging way behind in the more rural places?
>>
sourdough bread
>>
>>8184477
Deconstructed anything, Papa New Guanine cuisine, eating bones, and drinking natural water (ie, from a lake or river without all the artificial processing)
>>
>>8184477

Artisinal breads, locally cured meats, quality cheeses, quality seafood and fish.

However, generally can find high quality produce at farmer's markets in season.
>>
>>8184627
good bakeries are hard to come by outside cities and even then, they're diamonds in the rough.
>>
>>8184610
>drinking water from a lake without any processing

have fun literally shitting yourself to death
>>
>>8184637
Lol the same plebs said the same thing about sushi

>fly overs
>will they ever learn?
>>
>>8184703
Actually, flyover land is most likely to have clean, pristine water sources.
>>
>>8184637
I live in bumfuck backwater and have well water that is better than any bottled water I've ever had.
>>
>>8184715
I wouldn't touch water anywhere in the old rust belt where the industrial processing cities of the early 20th century have been reduced to poor person cesspools, but the local governments lack the resources to clean up the shitholes (e.g., Flint...)
>>
"Artisinal" anything.
>>
>>8184610
>and drinking natural water (ie, from a lake or river without all the artificial processing)

As someone who grew up with a well and couldn't stomach city water when I was in college this amuses me greatly.
>>
I moved from the DC area to Wisconsin farmlands this summer for a job. I've noticed a severe lack of Pho around. Closest is a 45 minute drive to Milwaukee. Thankfully, and much to my surprise, the grocery store I go to will have ox tails every once in a while so I'm in good shape to make my own. Couldn't even get ox tails without going to a foreign foods place, back in DC
>>
>>8185195
Pho is meme soup anyways.
>>
Trends are basically non-existant. Restuarants that serve mediocre but common food will outlast restaurants that serve good but uncommon food. So you end up with a lot of the same in small cities for some reason. For instance in my city there is a huge number of vietnamese refugees and immigrants from the 70's onwards so there are like 3-4 amazing vietnamese places but there are literally 0 good chinese places. It's simply because there are no skilled cooks who know how to make chinese food (besides the usual chicken fried race, beef chop suey, chicken chow mein combo plates they sell that must use the same distributors because they are all the exact same no matter where you go).

So you are severely limited on choice. That's the main difference. Secondly you won't see rare ingredients unless you are going to a really fucking expensive place.

Other than that there really is no difference. In my small city of about 90k people the food is just as good as the big city nearby (almost 2 million people) and the metro areas I've been too as well. There is just less variety.

Also nobody does any truly fancy stuff. It's just about making good food. There is no artsy shit because nobody gives a shit. Make it look nice and taste good, nobody cares about the train of thought and philosophy behind the chefs deconstruction of a big mac
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.