[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been cooking chili the same way all year. Recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Habanero.jpg (272KB, 800x776px) Image search: [Google]
Habanero.jpg
272KB, 800x776px
I've been cooking chili the same way all year.
Recently the spiciness has gone from little to non-existent.
I get the peppers from the same place everytime.

Does the potency change from month to month?
>>
>>8183889
yes. there are a lot of factors in spiciness of chilis.
>>
>>8183897
>a lot of factors
gee thanks, keep on posting, the internet needs you
>>
>>8183937
Seems like a simple case of stupid question stupid answer. google is your/op's friend.
>>
>>8183999
>what is an internet discussion forum
I assumed people would at least chime in with similar experiences or something along those lines.
>>
One time I bought some peppers and they were hot and the next time they weren't! Not sure why lol
>>
>>8184137
>I assumed people would at least chime in with similar experiences or something along those lines.

Seriously? Anyone who has ever cooked has experienced that.

Any and all natural foods vary. Some peppers are hotter than others. Some apples are sweeter than others. Some steaks have more marbling than others.
>>
>>8184146
from zero spicy to mega spicy is a pretty big variation
that's like bitting into a golden delicious apple and it being bitter
why is this so hard for you autists to comprehend, just fucking think about it before responding with stupid shit fuck this place
>>
>>8183889
>Does the potency change from month to month?

Every batch of peppers is going to be slightly different.

The factors that contribute to the taste and heat profile are, among other things: soil, sun intensity and duration, moisture, nutrients, harvest time, storage techniqe, etc..

The habs I buy at my local store fluctuate pretty heavily on heat and taste scale alike, so you'll constantly have to adjust to get the heat level you want, but sadly, there's little you can do to get the flavor factor besides trying a different pepper from a different batch.
>>
>>8183889

In addition to what everyone else has said about the wide variation within species, it could also just be you've become so used to that level of heat that it doesn't seem as hot.

Taste as you cook. If it doesn't seem hot enough, add more. How much fucking simpler could it be, you autist?
>>
>>8183889
Taste your fucking food when you're cooking
Spice to taste.
>>
>>8184188
>from zero spicy to mega spicy is a pretty big variation

Yep. And variations, both large and small, happen.

>>why is this so hard for you autists to comprehend,

comprehend what, exactly? Everyone other than a wet-behind-the-ears noob knows that ingredients vary, and that it's pants-on-head retarded to blindly follow recipes without taste testing ingredients. Taste and adjust accordingly, don't just throw random shit in the pot without checking first.

>>8184246
>>8184253
These guys get it.
>>
literally two peppers from next to each other on the same plant can taste different. there are a lot of factors.
also, people do build up tolerance to capsaicin.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.