[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is White Castle such a hot issue? People either love it or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: O-03[1].png (203KB, 610x494px) Image search: [Google]
O-03[1].png
203KB, 610x494px
Why is White Castle such a hot issue? People either love it or hate it, I personally love it....nothing is quite as tasty in my opinion
>>
File: 1470024267583.jpg (640KB, 1366x1194px) Image search: [Google]
1470024267583.jpg
640KB, 1366x1194px
>>
They're kinda weird, the sliders at least. I assume they have frozen patties on a flat top with diced onions that are cooked too long. The bread is the strangest part. It seems like it's warmed under a heatlamp and the grease is what makes it all spongy and wet. It's like biting into air throughout the whole burger, just melts in your mouth.

Might go apply to one and work one shift to see what goes on there. I've only worked on fast food job and that was on the frontlines, so I think it'd be funny to go back to one as an experienced cook.
>>
>>8181633
Flying from St. Louis out of country.
Excited to visit St. Louis from somewhere west, where we didn't have it, to try White Castle. Eat about 6. Spend almost entire 12 hour flight in toilet shitting my guts out.
>>
>>8181676
Ok, I looked it up. They lay burgers on a grill covered in onions, then they put the bread on the top.

Soggy steamed bread and overcooked onions every time. Genius, but now that I know their secrets I've decided against wasting 5 hours for about $40.
>>
Is it true that black people just love the shit out of white castle? Kinda funny if you think about it.
>>
>>8181697
>the most exciting thing about St. Louis is no longer mispronouncing it (and the state) on purpose, but visiting White Castle for free food poisoning
But what do I know? There's barely any good food here, maybe Aya Sofia or the Lemp Mansion.
>>
>>8181711
its okay
t. black
>>
>>8181732
https://youtu.be/68xlwtDVDgA
explain this
>>
>>8181697
Why do so many people have such weak guts?
The worst the stuff should do is give you white castle flavored farts
It's not undercooked and there's nothing you should be allergic to, so if there's something wrong, it's you

Stop blaming your gastrointestinal distress on the food and realize you just have a really weak stomach

I bet chipotle gives you diarrhea
>>
>>8181768
It's easy as fuck to dumpster 10 burgers, that's like 1400 calories plus a chocolate shake which adds 1000 more. That's your whole daily intake of calories as a grown ass man.
>>
File: 10789343[1].jpg (26KB, 586x326px) Image search: [Google]
10789343[1].jpg
26KB, 586x326px
>>8181776
>in saint louis
>goes to WC for shakes
pleb
>>
>>8181768
I've heard it's actually usually caused by having dirty hands, which matters when eating handheld food like burgers or tacos or whatever.
>>
>>8181768
>white Castle flavored farts
>not scented, flavored
Why are you tasting your own farts? Are you doing this for someone else's benefit? I don't understand...
>>
>>8181768
I agree anon, but WC is notorious for giving people the shits....probably all the grease, and there is the urban myth or possible fact that it's the cheese they use that causes it

I don't get diareah from anything people usually bitch about like Taco Bell, but WC does give me splatter shits and bubble guts every time but I not only enjoy the food but I enjoy the sensation of diarea so its not an issue for me
>>
>>8181792
flavors and scents are almost exactly the same thing
scents are just flavors that are so small they can be picked up by air, but I used the word flavor to describe just how deep and intense the scent is
>>
>>8181796
>WC is notorious for giving people the shits
I've never heard this from anyone and I'm from Saint Louis
Not that Saint Louisans eat a lot of White Castle, it's just that was the city mentioned so I jumped in the conversation

Honestly I've never even heard of people getting tummy trouble from really any fast food (except Taco Bell, but that's just because beans for farts) until I got online, nobody I know from Saint Louis or the city I'm in now has any problems with it.
Except for this obese guy I know, but his problems probably arose from being extremely unhealthy
>>
>>8181796
>probably all the grease, and there is the urban myth or possible fact that it's the cheese they use that causes it

It is the copious amounts of onions and the dusseldorf mustard. Both of those things are gas generating bio hazards.
>>
I got my dick wet. What else do you expect, Women love that knda of stuff
It's was pretty normal breakfast but I'm from the islands so Caribbean twist delicious but looked like sin.
>>
File: teddrewes[1].jpg (570KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
teddrewes[1].jpg
570KB, 1536x2048px
>>8181780
>busting my balls about talking about fast food shakes
>posts another fast food shake
Are you even trying?
>>
>>8181836
concretes aren't shakes, especially because that's custard, not ice cream

concretes are pretty good though
>>
>>8181633
love it (once every 6-12 months)
>>
>>8181841
I personally cannot stand icecream, frozen custard has that velvety texture that gets me every time. TD sundaes are bomb.
>>
[CSB]
I was driving my brother up to Muncie to Ball State, and we stopped at White Castle.
We both polished off 10 sliders a piece.
By the time we got to New Castle, we had to pull over and air out the car before the onion farts nerve gassed us.
[/CSB]
>>
>>8181638
Jesus that looks amazing.
>>
>>8181728
kek

I was 22 and only had 3 hours before my flight. I didn't know shit and wouldn't have had time for it even if I had known anything.
>>
>>8181792
My wife claimed to taste my farts the last time I ate White Castle. I was pretty disgusted & I usually love the smell of my own farts.
>>
>>8181633
Because of that stupid movie everyone sets their expectations extremely high and end up disappointed because it's just another fast food joint serving frozen shit that looks like someone sat on it.
>>
>>8181758
A fictitious story written for humorous effect
>>
>>8181633
I love it but my stomach can't handle the greasy aftermath.
>>
>>8181988
What if Jesus never existed?
>>
>>8181768
A lot of people aren't used to that much grease, so their GI tract just lets it all slide out.

Its like FOB asians who end up having massively painful shits for the first few months they're in America because dairy products just like, don't exist in Asia and everything is slathered in cheese here
>>
fucks up my stomach something awful
>>
My Robotics team in highschool went to a competition in St. Louis. It consisted of about 20 students and 4 faculty members. Someone suggested we go eat at White Castle because we've never had it before. Half of us had the shits and stomach pain the rest of the time we were there.
It was pretty funny. 7/10
>>
>>8182767
What if you weren't going to hell?
>>
>>8181638
meme
>>
White Castle is great when you really have a hankering for it, but in general it's pretty awful. When I was a teenager I used to get crave cases with my friends and we'd always have leftovers. After you've had a few, they just kind of get really nasty.
>>
>>8181959
>[CSB]
Anon what are you doing?
>>
We dont have them here in Canada, I've been to one before but didn't get the hype. Mediocre food, I can sort of see how the poor could crave it, I mean it isn't mcdonalds. That being said the one I went to was one of the nastiest fast food establishments I've visited, dirty and unclean, way too many flies and dont even get me started on the clientele. You could have sworn you were in the middle of the ghetto.
>>
The only time I've shit my guts out was an hour after gorging on White Castle, and I've gorged at a lot of fast food places
>>
>>8184994
White Castle is great, it's onion flavored grease that melts in your mouth
>>
Looks positively gross.
>>
>>8181707
>Soggy steamed bread and overcooked onions every time
But that's why people like them. Overcooked onions? That's called caramelized onions, and they're not usually termed "overcooked" at all. It's a thing.

The restaurant predates mcdonalds by more than 30 years. But, that was the style desired. A soft roll, tender thin patties that are well seasoned, mustard, a pickle. Mcdonalds waited years to include ketchup on the bun too, but they also steamed the bun, and added the chopped onions to seasoned the burger.

People who bitch about food poisoning, from places like this or taco bell, are very sensitive to high fat and FODMAP foods. Call it pre-IBS. Your gall bladder is sick. Your gut is sick. You are sensitive to polyols, fructans, lactose, gos, and you are overdoing, really slamming down a ton of cheese, onions, garlic, grease, and gas producing foods. It doesn't make the food bad, it makes you abnormal. Learn your worst foods lists, and don't gorge on them.
>>
>>8185128
When I had the 12 hour shits after eating 6 white castles, I was 22 years old in tiptop shape fresh out of US Army Airborne school. There was no "sickness in my gut," or body, you moronic asshat.
>>
White Castle making people sick is a meme.

What I haven't seen mentioned in this thread is that White Castle is usually open 24 hours - so, a lot of people eat it after the bars close because it's open late. Have you been slamming shitty draft beer and shots of well liquor for four hours before you went to White Castle? That might have something to do with the fact that your stomach is a hot mess, eh?
>>
>>8185297
You ate entire white castles? Furniture and all? No wonder you had the shits.
>>
>>8185398
Yeah, it must have spilled over into your brain.
>>
>>8183274
>Not knowing the Cool Story Bro tag
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>8183247
this. I ate WC yesterday and it was good and all but I won't be going back for awhile. Their coffee is pretty decent for a shitty fast food place though, at least around me.
>>
>>8181633
>tfw live in Canada and never had a White Castle, In-n-Out, Carl's Jr., Jack-in-the-Box, or Sonic in my life
>>
None even 500 miles near me. How much per slider?
>>
>>8185602
:(
>>
>>8185602
Good, fast food is worthless trash.
>>8185662
90 cents, the price seems to increase every time I go. Not really worth it when you could get way more calories from a dollar mcchickey.
>>
I went to a white castle in Tom's River, NJ, which had a chalkboard sized window into the kitchen.

>2 arab women in burkas "cooking"
>grab a 10 lb box of hamburgers from freezer
>grab similar sozed box of buns
>work tirelessly to seperate frozen buns before spreading bottom buns on cookie sheet
>begin pulling apart hamburger "paddies"
>2"x2"x1/4" thick pink squared with 5 1/4" diameter holes in an X shape
>so cheap there are holes
> a slap of wilted onions
>a frozen top bun
>into the oven for 7 minutes

Into my mouth to my mother's horror. This was probably 10 years ago at least, hope they dont have holes now.
>>
>>8185705
the fast food stores still have holes, its perforated so it cooks faster and more evenly.

Also I don't understand this grease meme. The burgers are all steamed for the most part. Only the fries, rings and chicken stuff is greasy
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.