[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am missing some important things from this kitchen, but decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: fish-and-clam-chowder-14513-1.jpg (108KB, 759x506px) Image search: [Google]
fish-and-clam-chowder-14513-1.jpg
108KB, 759x506px
I am missing some important things from this kitchen, but decided to marinate these steaks I have using what I have access to. Will my steaks taste like shit or good?

>olive oil
>soy sauce
>brown mustard
>red wine
>black pepper
>lemon juice
>a little bit of tabasco ketchup

The ketchup felt kind of stupid, but I barely put any in so I figure it can't harm it much.
>>
steaks shouldn't be marinated anyways

salt and pepper and proper cooking, nothing more

you rest them in the fridge with the salt and pepper for some hours as a "dry-brine" if you wish.
>>
Sounds like a sauce jacques pepin used in his quick roasted chicken. Except its missing 4 cloves of garlic. But yeah, I guess it won't taste /bad/, but it won't be the greatest flavor either.
>>
>>8181191
That's not what you do to a steak, dude.
You can still cut it up and make a nice stir-fry, if you have veggies at hand. Onions, carrots and broccoli go really well with beef.
>>
>>8181306
I do have that actually.

Yeah I usually just salt and pep it up, but I thought you could marinade steaks. I dunno. Would it really be stupid for me to cook them like usual or should I just go for the stir-fry?

Actually I'm going for the stiry-fry anyway because it's more convenient for me, but I'm still curious just for the future.

Thanks everyone.
>>
>>8181323
I'm with what >>8181222 said. If you're going for plain steak, season it with salt and pepper and put it in the fridge for a few hours.

Next time if you make stir-fry though, cut the meat first, then marinate it. Larger surface area and all that. I usually use salt, pepper, oil, soy sauce, chilies and herbs. But what you made sounds great too.
>>
>>8181347
Thanks. Will remember.
>>
Soy sauce faggot
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.