[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is buying rotisserie chicken at the store a meme? Are there any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: Rotissierie_chicken.jpg (782KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
Rotissierie_chicken.jpg
782KB, 2272x1704px
Is buying rotisserie chicken at the store a meme? Are there any recipes that can be truly improved by using rotisserie chicken rather than using your own chicken that you cooked?
>>
>>8181105
>Are there any recipes that can be truly improved by using rotisserie chicken rather than using your own chicken that you cooked?
No, assuming you brine it and inject it with brine. Rotisserie chickens are just really salty.
>>
>>8181105
>grab some croissant sandwich bread
>fresh lettuce
>Apple
>favorite cheese
>pull meat from bone
>mix meat with mayo (amount depends on consistency you want)
>chop Apple and mix
>salt
>pepper
>make god like chicken salad sandwich
>>
>>8181105
>Is buying rotisserie chicken at the store a meme?
Yes, of course it is you daft cunt.
The conept of a financial transaction is an extremely old concept.
>>
>>8181105
It's pretty fucking easy to roast a chicken. When I worked at a super market we would sometimes get given them for free and they were dry and bland as all fuck
>>
>>8181301
You got them for free because they sat there spinning for 12+ hours and nobody bought it. You caught an interception from the dumpster.
Enjoy your minimum wage night shift, loser.
>>
File: crx.jpg (75KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
crx.jpg
75KB, 800x531px
Not a meme for a few reasons.

-first off they're a good deal. http://time.com/money/3901655/costco-rotisserie-chickens-hot-dogs/
they're a loss leader

-they save time and energy. I don't have to turn on my oven in the summer for 2 hours.

-I prefer the low and slow of rotisserie vs a 350 convection.
>>
>>8181105
I buy them for $5 then use the left overs after I shred it, into a country chicken stew and chicken broth. Also great for chicken barbecue ranch won ton rolls.
>>
I just buy one and eat it. If I don't finish it, the cats get the rest. I don't know about all this buying one to make other stuff with it. Just eat the damn thing.
>>
File: crack-injected.jpg (74KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
crack-injected.jpg
74KB, 630x420px
how much crack does costco put in these bad boys?

also someone at work told me they use left over rotisserie chicken for chicken salad, what's a good recipe for this?
>>
>>8181393
view this >>8181152
>>
>>8181357
That shit's pretty cool, keep it cheap because it brings people in and maybe they'll buy other shit.
>>
>>8181105
They're cheap and versatile. You can make something easy and different for a few nights in a row with one chicken. Its a good buy if you don't have a lot of time to cook.
>>
>>8181105
I eat it as is or make hoisen chicken wraps.
Whatever is left is made into soup.
>>
>>8181105
>hoisen chicken wraps
You got me hankering for one now OP. Think I'll pick one up after class this week
>>
>>8181409
yeah, not exactly a new idea, but yes cheap, quality stuff is fucking cool
>>
My kids ask for this every time we pass it, sometimes I'll pick it up. It isn't unpalatable, though usually a bit salty for my tastes. However, finding a food item that a 7 and 5 year old will readily eat, that isn't candy or mac and cheese, makes purchasing this pretty easy.
>>
I once bought a rotisserie that was kind of pink - is that normal?
>>
I'll sometimes grab one on my way home if I'm lazy. Combined with some veggies or leftover whatever makes a decent meal.
>>
It's pretty good to eat on its own with steamed vegetables or something but it doesn't really work if you try to make any other recipe or even a sandwich with it. Easy as hell though and sometimes they'll have them for $4 at my supermarket.
>>
>>8181108
This.

I like chicken but it's a bit too salty to eat every day and picking off the meat is such a hassle for me and takes a while. Then I have to boil the bones for soup stock, etc. I only get them for special occasions now or when I really feel like I want some.
>>
They're pretty convenient when you don't have time to cook your own chicken. I work odd hours and sometimes I like to run over to the supermarket during my break and pick up a hot chicken and maybe a side I can quickly microwave.
>>
It's the least shit premade food anyone can buy.
>>
File: 350px-Apples.jpg (54KB, 350x525px) Image search: [Google]
350px-Apples.jpg
54KB, 350x525px
>>8183357
>>
I like to get the mojo flavor one from Publix once in a while. It's pretty good and if you mix some of the skin with left over dark meat it makes a great sandwich.
>>
>>8181393

They just have sugar. Like a bunch.
>>
>>8181105
Rotisserie is a different process to roasting, and I don't think the 8 bucks a whole rotisserie chicken costs is a bad deal. The problem is most of em are stuffed with sugar and I don't like candy chicken.
>>
>>8181152
The fuck is croissant sandwich bread?
>>
>>8183447
Are you American? Australian supermarkets sell bbq chickens for $8 each which is $6.10 usd

They are the same brined salty goodness you can buy at your supermarkets

Why so expensive
>>
>>8183447
A rotisserie chicken is 3.99 where I am where the heck are you that causes it to cost 8 bucks?
>>
>>8183464
Hipsterburg, USA
>>
>>8183464
LIterally the only places they are aren't ridiculous cheap are hipster grocery stores like Whole Foods

They want 8 dollars for a regular chicken and 12 dollars for an organic one
>>
>rotisserie chickens are salty
what fucking country do you people live in? burgerland?
>>
>>8181105
There's few if any recipes improved by adding a rotisserie chicken rather than cooking your own. However, there's also few if any recipes improved by taking the time to roast a chicken on top of all the other cooking you're doing, rather than concentrating on the other shit and just buying the chicken. It's not like using frozen burgers or steak-in-a-bag.
>>
Does anybody else get feathers on the ends of the legs?
>>
>>8183464
$3.99 here too, I think that's a pretty normal price if you avoid hipster faggot stores.
>>
>they don't have rotisserie chicken delivery where they live
kekking
http://freemansflyingchicken.com/menu/
>>
File: 1469704608819.jpg (58KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1469704608819.jpg
58KB, 750x750px
>>8184012
>$14.50 for a whole chicken

lmfao
>>
Where I live the Local grocery makes a regular and a char sui Chinese style rotisserie. That char sui is fucking legit
>>
>>8183464
Hawaiianon reporting in. 8$ is the sale price here, can be upwards of 9$ usually
>>
>>8181152
>apple

No
>>
>>8181105
At least for Publix rotisserie chicken the breast is so tender you can fork it apart and make a dank ass chicken salad, have to use Dukes Mayo though.
>>
Alton Brown's roast chicken recipe from his new book is really good and hella cheap

>Brine whole chicken in salt water for 8 hours

Preheat oven to 550 with cast iron dutch oven and lid on middle rack and allow to heat for half an hour
>Pull chicken from brine, drain and pat dry and allow to come to room temperature (Don't be a pussy it's about to be cooked)
>After 30 minutes is up lightly oil and salt the chicken
>Open oven and slide rack out with dutch oven on it, place chicken in dutch oven breast side up and put lid on, then reinsert the rack and close the oven
>Set a 12 minute timer
>At 12 minutes baste the chicken with the juices from the bottom of the dutch oven and leave lid off the dutch oven but inside your big oven
>Set 10 minute timer
>After 10 minutes replace lid and pull dutch oven out, set on cooktop and set 10 minute timer
>After 10 minutes remove lid and allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes

Super easy "Rotisserie" style chicken takes a little prepwork and about 40 minutes.
Best chicken I've ever roasted, texturewise.
Next time I'm stuffing it with lemons and onions and cracking some pepper on top after the basting.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.