[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>cook anything heavily milk based like pudding or bechamel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 7712991290000761.jpg (55KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
7712991290000761.jpg
55KB, 700x525px
>cook anything heavily milk based like pudding or bechamel sauce
>always fucking burned bottom to some extent
The food tastes fine but cleaning the pot is hell. I already use low heat and use a whisk the whole time but it still fucking happens? What the hell am I doing wrong?
>>
>>8180436
Double boiler
>>
>>8180440
This
Or lift up the pot sporadically from the heat
>>
>>8180440
>>8180449
Will try this out. Thank you.
>>
>>8180436
electric or convection? use fire. use it right
>>
>>8180452
>electric
Yes this one and I am starting to hate it.
>>
>>8180436
You need pots with a thicker bottom
And to clean a burned pot just put some dishwasher powder with water in it and let soak over night...
>>
>>8180456
I use tabs isntead of powder for my dishwasher. Does this work if I break them into a powder?
>>
>>8180436
If you are already using low heat the most likely problem is that the pot is too thin, I make it at home without a double boiler and I've never had a problem.
>>
>>8180461
You can just use dish soap. Also you can put water in the pan and let it simmer for a bit. Than just scrape it out with a spatula
>>
>>8180455
yup, fuck electric, it's the only thing in apartments and sience I moved to one I hate cooking soups, broth and sauces, that's half my repertoire severely damaged by this shit cook top. only plus is the oven is great for some recipes.
>>
>>8180461
Yes it works to.. is the same product in facthe

I found out that powder is 10x cheaper for the same quantity of tabs and disolve better during the washing czcle since I always use the short 25 min and and not the long 1:30 h cycle ...

And:

Never put kitchen knives,wooden spoons or anti adessiv pans in a dishwasher
>>
>electric burned my pudding

BS, I use a 2000W induction cooktop with primitive on-off power regulation to cook my puddings, with cheap pots, and it doesn't burn. Just whisk really nonstop, in a circular motion.
>>
>>8180529
oh, and I use the highest power setting only with pure milk, as soon as I have added starch or flour and it begins to thicken I turn the power way down (400W).
>>
>>8180529
so it's not the cook top I just have to change the way I cook all of my shit and have to stir my broth for the cooking time so that the bones and meat or veggies don't fucking char at the bottom.

fuck electric cook tops. there's already a million other things to do when cooking, there's no need to complicate your life further.
>>
>>8180536
heat is heat, your food doesn't know or care what the source of the heat travelling though the bottom of the pot is. Maybe it is your pots - the bottom might be warped and touching the cooktop in only a few small places. Also, the copper core inside the bottom (does your pot even have a copper core?) may have detached from the lower or upper stainless sheet and therefore will not conduct heat evenly? That can happen if the pot is heated too much, liek forgetting it on the cooktop without anything in it.

You can test this with the powdered sugar test - spinkle the bottom of you pot with the stuff and see how evenly it melts when you heat it.
>>
>>8180658
"sprinkle", and of course I mean the bottom on the inside of the pot, just to be clear.
>>
>>8180536
Sounds like your pot bottoms are way too thin.
>>
>>8180436
>What the hell am I doing wrong?
using gas
>>
>>8180436
double boiler anon, it'll also make it easier to not break your sauce or whatever
>>
This why we have KPs
>>
>>8181422
Kim Possibles?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.