[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm doing the food for my little brother's 21st on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

I'm doing the food for my little brother's 21st on Saturday and I wouldn't mind some ideas for sides, /ck/.

I'm doing smoked pork ribs with a homemade bbq sauce.

Was thinking of a potato salad with a ranch sauce using homegrown dill and parlsey, sherry vinegar, capers and pepperberry.

What else do you think would be fun?

I'm in Australia and it's starting to get hot out, so keep that in mind. Pic is the ribs I did for last year's Christmas.
>>
Was also thinking of a salad consisting of semi-dried tomatoes, pickled cucumber, crumbled ricotta, diced red onion, a honey vinaigrette and plenty of black pepper and orange zest.
>>
File: IMG_8946.jpg (62KB, 512x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8946.jpg
62KB, 512x310px
homegrown dill?

Make Chef John's shrimp pasta salad. Quite good and tastes better if made ahead.

Picture extremely related.
>>
I would sub the ranch for something neutral like sour cream or even just olive oil. For other sides, can't go wrong with Mac and cheese, and coleslaw.

Sweet rolls go good too.
>>
Coleslaw, corn cakes/bread, baked beans, bean salad, grilled corn/potatoes, baked potatoes, iceberg salad.

Anything beans/corn/potatoes really, those are pretty classic sides for ribs.
>>
If you guys are going into summer, maybe a watermelon salad? It's my favorite kind of salad. Arugula, watermelon, and feta as the basic ingredients and it's great. Super easy, too.

You can never go wrong with cornbread as a side for ribs, either.
>>
>>8179981
I have a lot of it. Big fan of Chef John, so I'll give it a check.

>>8179982
The ranch itself was going to be a homemade mayo and really fresh, lotsa lemon juice to liven it up and all. I dunno, I'm pretty happy with that one.

>>8179983
Cornbread was rolling around my head a bit, but then I got to thinking that I might do corn fritters instead. Going through my books now and finding some cool ideas.

I'm seeing a lot of broad beans 'round lately too, so I was thinking something incorporating those would be cool.
>>
>>8179988
I do love watermelon. I was thinking of maybe cubed watermelon, jalapenos, coriander and....and I don't know what else. Feta is always nice, though.
>>
Kay, picked up some real nice looking sweetcorn alongside all my other stuff.

Thinking I'll scrap the watermelon and instead do a salad of corn, clack beans, coriander, jalapeno, lime juice and maybe some orange segments?

Should be interesting.
>>
>>8179999
Why would you fuck watermelon up that badly? It's godtier on its own. Leave it alone.

바보
>>
>>8180363
I don't think watermelon here is all that great unless you get it perfectly ripe. Nothing wrong with having plans for it. The flavours combine really well.
>>
>>8179974
kartoffelsalat
>>
>>8179974
Fairy bread
>>
How many ppl are you feeding? Ribs at least in us are pretty expensive. Also loin back ribs or baby back ribs?
>>
>>8180555
35, give or take. Doing up some sausages and stuff as well. Might pick up some pork belly for fun.
>>
File: midget.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
midget.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>8179974
>potato salad with a ranch sauce
>>
>>8179999
>watermelon, jalapenos, coriander
>>
deviled eggs. always.
>>
>>8179974
Don't put sugar in the potato salad like bloody Americans do.
That's nasty.
>>
>>8181070
its okay. he is gonna put ranch. fucking ranch.
>>
>>8180643
Smoked pulled pork would be cheaper. However it would take longer. Also, smoked chuck roast might be viable. But idk the prices in aus.
>>
>>8181044
It's a good dressing.

>>8181057
It works. Try it.

>>8181070
>>8181079
Calm your tits. Recipe really isn't as awful as you might think.

Parlsey, dill, horseradish, sherry vinegar, confit garlic, dijon mustard, lemon juice, buttermilk, capers, emulsified into a mayo consistency. Really nice flavour balance, no sugar involved, not the bullshit you find in the stores.
>>
>>8181125
Yeah, I don't have the time for it unfortunately. Otherwise I'd love to. Gotta keep it simpler and less intensive than that.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.