[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /ck/ I hate the taste of pic related but I need to actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: 1655_1[1].jpg (119KB, 800x1273px) Image search: [Google]
1655_1[1].jpg
119KB, 800x1273px
Alright /ck/ I hate the taste of pic related but I need to actually put muscle on, what's something simple I can make with whey protein that will mask the taste?
>>
I usually get the vanilla flavoured powders and add cinnamon and sometimes nutmeg.

There's not much you can do with chocolate. Maybe add coconut?
>>
>>8179863
Make pancakes? There is some comoany that sells whey pancake mix at a huge markup. I don't know but I'm sure it is just pancake mix and whey powder.

Probably any baked good as well.
>>
>>8179863
My stomach gets upset on whey but im /fit/ and had to find a way. I blend it with water ice yogurt. Frozen berries on occasion. Making it cold makes me enjoy it actually and doesnt upset my stomach. Could do oatmeal and oatmeal pancakes they're ok.
>>
>>8179863
>what's something simple I can make with whey protein that will mask the taste
Use soy protein instead. The taste is distinctly not that of whey protein.
>>
>>8179863
Try hemp based protein. ยจ

It has tons of healthy oils (not the THC kind) like omega n stuff + pluss some other good shit.

It also doesnt have the saturated fats of diary based proteins.
>>
>>8179916
DONT make protein pancakes
itll just end up tasting and feeling like rubber
>>
I just mix it with water, it tastes fine. With milk it even tastes good. Blended with milk and peanut butter and bananas its great.

Even if you dont like it, cant you just chug a glass of water at once? Are you one of those people that doesn't drink water?
>>
>>8179863
Eat a pound of ground beef and a dozen eggs a day.

As for the whey: mix it with milk and drink it.
>>
>>8180318
> I hate the taste
I drink water, also read. You should try sometime.
>>
>>8179863
Get a better tasting whey. Syntha 6 is God tier
>>
Moar chicken, moar eggs

Will work out more cost effective and your gains will be real.

If you still insist on being pleb, blend some frozen strawberries in.
>>
Try eating food
>>
cake batter is a good flavor
didn't taste how i thought it would
but it is good
>>
Eggs, turkey, chicken and on sale fish are better sources and bodybuilders often report it being a better main source over a supplement.
>eggs cheap in bulk and you can mix a few servings of bbq into 12 scrambled eggs for flavor, fish is a top tier protein source but its expensive, turkey is decent protein source but its shitty taste, chicken is cheap in bulk and you can do alot with it, beef and pork are shit sources but good for bulking.
>>
>>8179863
low quality protein=low quality muscles

just eat real protein, it isn't that hard
>>
>>8181381
This and its cheaper as well, supplements are supposed to be eaten on top of your normal meas they may be called a meal replacement by some but they are low quality run off of cheese and sold at a ridiculous price to make money off ignorant novices
>>
Chocolate is the worst flavour of whey possible, why not just go for strawberry or banana? Even their french vanilla is bearable, if a little bland.
>>
>>8179863
If you don't like the flavor of whey in a shake, just eat normal food ya dunce.
>>
>>8181411
strawberry is the best myprotein flavor I've had. Chocolate mint no good. cinnamon bun is ok
>>
>>8181381
>low quality protein=low quality muscles
Source.
>>
>>8179863
What flavour are you buying?
I love banana cream mixed with coconut milk and with ice and shredded coconut in the blender. Tastes like a thick milkshake :-)
French vanilla creme is good mixed with coffee and almond milk or chai tea and coconut milkand double chocolate is also delicious.
>>
>>8181673
>chai tea

I'm triggered. Protip: chai means tea
>>
>>8180703
Enjoy your metal poisoning.
>>
This stuff tastes great and doesn't require anything added to it to "mask" any funky flavor. They come in tiny packs for $2 if you just want to try it out.
>>
>>8181687
Sorry for the trigger
MASALA CHAI SPICE TEA
Jeez
>>
Nigger just eat chicken, turkey, eggs, fish after work out.

You fags and your meme gains barrels are ridiculous.
>>
File: IMG_20160913_132810.jpg (1MB, 2604x1934px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160913_132810.jpg
1MB, 2604x1934px
>>8179863
CHICKEN BREASTS
>>
>>8181739
It's a meal supplement faggot, as in consumed in addition to the foods you listed. They ain't mutually exclusive.
>>
>>8181745
Man meat is cheap here too but murika really takes the cake with those prices.
>>
>>8179990
Don't do this. Soy is full of Oestrogen. Avoid all soy products like tofu if you are lifting.
>>
Just get nonfat greek yogurt instead. Almost identical protein content and way more edible.
>>
>>8181646
Broscience 101
>>
>>8179863
I mix it with my oatmeal, some peanut butter, cinnamon and ginger.

Add bananas/pears/dark chocolate etc... If you want extra calories.
>>
>>8179863
EAT CARBS
>>
>>8179863

Put it in a blender with a banana, some frozen strawberries and fruit juice. Whey protein makes pretty good smoothies.
>>
>>8181878
Soy protein contains exogenous estrogens.

If the "amount" of exogenous estrogen in the supplement is enough to significantly effect your body or your gains, something is wrong with your body on a level which would be unfathomable to medical science.
>>
If you're not drinking ehey shakes you're not gonna make it. Period.
>>
>buy fruit when on sale
>chop and freeze
>toss all your shit into a blender
>make awesome protein smoothies

There ya go, op.
>>
>>8179975
There are a bunch of plant based protein powders at health food stores. Check out Garden of Life or Vega
>>
>>8181818
I LIKE YOUR NUMBERS
>>
1 scoop, half cup water, half cup milk, shake with ice, strain into glass with ice. Before/After workout and then again sometime later, if you're not eating a lot of chicken or red meat. I alternate between lots of chicken, spicy tuna rolls at my job (half price and sometimes free), and red meat on sale (roasts in the crock pot fill me up fast and go a long way for $3/lb.
>>
>>8181646
>>8182019
>/ck/ in charge of being /fit/

Incomplete versus complete amino acids. Meats such as chicken, beef, fish all have complete amino acid chains for their protein. Plant-based proteins such as those from beans have incomplete amino acids and need to be supplemented with something else. The most common example of this the "beans & rice" meal.

>Plant proteins in relation to human protein and amino acid nutrition.
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/59/5/1203S.short

>THE EFFECTS OF PROTEIN AND AMINO ACID SUPPLEMENTATION ON PERFORMANCE AND TRAINING ADAPTATIONS DURING TEN WEEKS OF RESISTANCE TRAINING.
http://journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Abstract/2006/08000/The_Effects_of_Protein_and_Amino_Acid.28.aspx

Check out this website which ranks protein powder based on label accuracy, nutrition accuracy (amino acids as talked about above) and myriad other things:

https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein
>>
>>8179863
I've never had the double rich chocolate

the normal chocolate one is great with milk, just tastes like a milkshake, or at least that's how it feels after a hard workout.

if you're a fag that insists on using water, then enjoy anything you put in tasting worse because it'll never taste good using water. Just have half the amount you would make with water, with milk instead.
>>
>>8182019
lol fuck off
>>
>>8179863
get the extreme chocolate flavor. palatable with water, tastes like a milkshake with milk/almond milk and ice.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.