[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going on a mini US roadtrip in a couple weeks (canuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: whatatexan.jpg (235KB, 1000x837px) Image search: [Google]
whatatexan.jpg
235KB, 1000x837px
I'm going on a mini US roadtrip in a couple weeks (canuck here), looking to eat and drink and smoke myself to death.
Gimme your best and worst, /ck/

>best food chain
Chick-fil-a
>most overrated shit chain
Panera bread

>most underappreciated
Sonic
>>
>>8179706
I recommend getting a steak sandwich at a polling booth, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>8179717
bonus question
what's the easiest way for me to get beaten up in a new jersey bar around election time?
>>
>>8179706
>Idaho is Moxie Java

Not accurate
>>
>>8179723
i think it means the brand originating from a state
in which case its moxie java, even if it is nearly bankrupt
>>
>>8179706
>most iconic chain
>GAPCO
While this is entirely correct since we're talking about chains, Moose's Tooth shits all over Great Alaskan Pizza Company.
The only thing GAPCO is good for is the customer appreciation day special. $5 mediums, carryout only, on the last Tuesday of every month.
>>
I know you don't have time to look these things up but everywhere I've lived in the northeast there are cheap hidden gem places that are far superior considering that fast food isn't even that cheap anymore. Also I tried Sonic for the first time in my life this week and the burger tasted exactly like it came from Wendy's.

>>8179723
these "by state" maps are always bullshit
>>
>Florida is Burger King

what the heck
>>
>>8179751
>>8179734
>>8179723
Dammit did I do that thing where I quickly picked a shitty image that will overshadow my actual post

I'm driving from Toronto to somewhere in new jersey for a party, what chains are a must do for a canuck like me who doesn't get the rare and delightful american chains?
>>
>>8179772
Idunno, I'm in New England and we don't get most of the chains that the rest of the US has.
>>
>>8179706
I'll keep it civil and only say that when you get to ok/tx you gotta hit up whataburger
>>
>>8179780
I know NJ is the shittiest state, truth be told I've been to america loads and am a dual citizen, but I'm going with 3 buddies who haven't ever been there. Looking to wet their whistle
>>
>>8179706
damn what a shit map
>>
>Nevada
>PT's
I approve, chill as fuck to hang out with friends at.
>>
>>8179768
well burger king was founded and is headquartered in florida and it's one of the biggest fast food chains in the world, so yeah it's without a doubt the most iconic food chain from florida.
>>
>>8179706

Pro Tip: Research online and ask the locals where they like to go to eat because there are always much better places than the big chains around.
>>
>>8179706
When did Chic-fil-a become the best fast food chain? It's average at best. Guessing op is bullshit
>>
>>8179797
burger king is for bitch niggas
>>
>>8179839
doesn't change the fact that it's the most iconic chain from florida. I can't even think of another one. I assumed joe's crab shack, but I checked and they're from texas.
>>
>>8179797
As a Floridian, I refuse to accept this. I vote Hooters
>>
Oregon and Papa Murphys is wrong.

Id say we have no real engrained fast food go to because its not so big and culturally is not a fast food state. We have a place called Burgerville which has a lot of organic and natural fast foods, plus changes their menu for seasonal offerings like walla walla sweet oinion rings and marionberry milkshakes, uses local ketchup, etc...and its good.
>>
>>8179833
It's just my opinion, i dig their waffle fries and I've never had a better chicken sammy
>>
File: meanwhile in canada5.gif (2MB, 367x223px) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile in canada5.gif
2MB, 367x223px
>>8179706
Torontofag here.

I know bad food when I see it. Everything here is bad.

But the US is rather interesting when it comes to food.

You get the absolutely fucking worst food in the Carolinas where they love mac & cheese. Seriously. Every restaurant claims they make the best.

White gravy in the bible belt sucks shit.

But then you get all this fantastic food in NYC or San Francisco.

Have fun on the road trip OP.
>>
>>8179706
When you're on the West coast, go to Claim Jumpers. When you're in Colorado, never order Mexican food unless you must speak Spanish to do so. In all other states, remember this key detail; there is a linear relationship between quality of Mexican food and distance from border, with the exeption of Texas.
>>
>>8179884
Little Big Burger is lit
>>
>>8180017
Its good, fair statement, but its going down hill now that it was bought out by hooters. They also only have 8 right?
>>
Why not try actual good food instead of chain shit
>>
>>8179706
If you want the best location for BBQ in the nation, visit Kansas City. Several great bbq joints here(and of course some very meh ones trying to ride the fame of KC bbq). KC Joe's is my favorite(sliced sausage and brisket), and Gates is a great one to try. Half the fun of Gates is their sauce and getting yelled at the always black cashier the minute you walk in, since you're expected to shout your order from back in the line so it's ready when you get up to the front.

The craft beer scene here isn't bad either. Stop by the Bier Station on Gregory in the Waldo neighborhood for a really nice selection.

And if you like all things scotch and whiskey like myself and are willing to pay a fair bit for a glass, go by Julep in Westport. Their selection is nuts. If they think you know what you're talking about they might bring out their second menu that is just a small leatherbound booklet with all their whiskey/whiskys available.

Hell, if you think you'll end up in KC, respond to this and I can try to show you around for an evening. Another canuck friend of me and a buddy that we met through vidya is coming to visit next month sometime even, will be doing much the same.
>>
Just because Papa Murphy's bought out Papa Aldo's doesn't make it an Oregon company.
>>
File: beef and a half.jpg (552KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
beef and a half.jpg
552KB, 1600x1200px
>>8180048
You can never go wrong with a beef and a half from Gates.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.