[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything particularly wrong with eating a dozen eggs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 10

File: 4674658456.png (1MB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
4674658456.png
1MB, 1600x1067px
Is there anything particularly wrong with eating a dozen eggs a day?

I have hit very poorfag status and a dozen eggs is only $1.27

Was doing ramen before that but the taste has started to wear on me.
>>
Nah, not if you're doing it for a relatively short time span.
Eggs are an EGGcellent source of protein and all sorts of good nutrients.
If you can afford it, switch things up weekly by:
>buying a loaf of bread, some creamy mustard, some cheap greens and making egg sandwiches
>buying rice, scallions, and stealing some soy sauce packets from a food court or use hot sauce and making Tamago Kake Gohan
>>
>>8179165
Can somebody please explain that Ramen meme to me?
Why do people think that shit is cheap? When you're hungry, like actually hungry, you'll need at least two packs to make you feel full. Depending on which brand you buy, you'll have to pay ~1$, for which you can buy at least 500g, maybe 1kg at a discounter, of pasta. Cook that, if wanted put in a frying pan with 2-3 eggs and you have food for ~1 and a half meal, maybe 2 if you can get more than 500g.
And you know what, contrary to those cheapo ramen, the ingredients aren't complete shit.
>>
>>8179165
Why don't you save up for live chicken then you'll get free eggs.
>>
No

Make egg salad it is essential and based
>>
No there's nothing wrong with eggs, but you should take a Vitamin. Don't believe the discredited cholesterol meme.
>>
>>8179203
people are lazy
>>
>>8179203
oh and also, potatoes, beans, rice, maybe some soup meat. All of this is cheap and hardly too difficult to cook.
>>
>>8179203
what in the literal fuck are you talking about
ramen is like 10 cents a pack
>>
I'm the king of using eggs as a main food source. (Long story short, I lost my family at a young age and had to work my ass off for years to get out of poordom ).
Eggs really are nature's perfect food. And they're easy to dress up with minimal extra ingredients.
>>
>>8179233
Where did your family go? Have you found them now that you've escaped poordom?
>>
>>8179203
The most popular brand of instant ramen can be purchased by the pallet for 8-10 cents per pack.
>>
>>8179165
You will gain a ridiculous amount of muscle mass assuming you arent burning all of these products into energy,
>>
>>8179262
which one is it? Do you have a link for an european, where even the cheapest shit is 50cent a pack?
>>
Wait so there isn't a shit load of cholesterol in eggs?
>>
>>8179257
They're dead. Car accident. I was 17 at the time, so I basically had to nut up and learn to take care of myself.
But it's ok, it's been a long time ago, I don't relish thinking about it, but I'm not upset anymore. I managed to put myself through college and have a nice engineering career now.
But eggs, man....they're life-saving food.
>>
>>8179275
There is, but dietary cholesterol is not linked to your body cholesterol. Much like how eating fats does not make you fat.
>>
>>8179288
This.
Your body produces cholesterol. Most people with high cholesterol have it genetically.
>>
>>8179284
eggs is your family now, anon

they'll always be there for you
>>
>>8179275
People who think eating eggs gives you high amounts of cholesterol in the blood are complete retards.
>>
>>8179306
You betcha
>>
>>8179268
Maruchan comes to mind for me, family always has atleast 2 cases kicking around. It's cheap but you can make it super cheap by adding stuff to it
>>
>I have hit very poorfag status and a dozen eggs is only $1.27

It's also only 750 calories and you have to pay for elec and spices to cook and flavor it.

A gallon of milk has 2400 calories including 128 grams of protein and also has lots of vitamins and minerals.

Peanut butter has 3000 calories/16 oz including 130 grams protein and lots of vitamins and minerals you need.

There are other things like this as well.
>>
>>8179298
Genetics is just a bullshit excuse though.
High cholesterol is easily manageable with a decently healthy lifestyle and diet.
>>
>>8179631
>cases
>>
>>8180315
Nah son. You're a retard. It absolutely can be genetic.
>>
>>8180326
It's what people call the box of 24 where I'm from. It's a case of ramen.

You call me out on it but ignore the person that said a pallet? You know how much ramen is in a pallet, I could eat ramen for every meal and still not finish it for years.
>>
>beans (uncooked)
>rice (uncooked)
>cup ramen
>cabbage
>potatoes
>almost expired meat specials
>flour
>sugar/salt/pepper
>eggs

Anything else is a luxury at this point.
>>
>>8180513
Looks like you can make bread.
>>
>>8180315
>>8180475
You're both idiots
It can be genetic and either way it can be controlled with a proper diet/lifestyle
>>
>Is there anything particularly wrong with eating a dozen eggs a day?
Eggs are high in fat, saturated fat and cholesterol and low in fiber, carbohydrates and relevant micronutrients. Eggs are non-nutritious.

>I have hit very poorfag status and a dozen eggs is only $1.27
Eggs are expensive per calorie and most of the calories come from fat. Eggs are a poor investment.

>Was doing ramen before that but the taste has started to wear on me.
Ramen is also expensive per calorie.

You should eat rice, pasta, potatoes, beans, lentils and corn if you want to save money and be in good health.
>>
>>8179165
If you're broke, eggs and bread are always solid until your next source of income. It won't be balanced, but you don't really have choice in that.

I used to do this when I was strapped for cash in college
>>
>>8180695
Found the vegan
>>
File: nigga.jpg (77KB, 666x499px) Image search: [Google]
nigga.jpg
77KB, 666x499px
>>8179265
>>
>>8179268

Why would it be more expensive in europe? You're closer to china
>>
>>8180300

Yeah but something tells me you'll feel better and fuller from 12 eggs as opposed to a glass of milk and a spoon of peanut butter for the roof of your mouth to lick at all day
>>
>>8179165
I just found out I was egg intolerant. I didn't even know that was a thing. I fucking love eggs. This sucks...
>>
>>8181126
Not an argument
>>
File: 1474214922364.png (62KB, 153x172px) Image search: [Google]
1474214922364.png
62KB, 153x172px
>>8179190
>mustard
>greens
>on an egg sandwich
If I saw you put that shit on an egg sammich I'd knock it out of your hand
>>
>>8181247

And after your unlawful and erratic assault no court in my state would convict me for filling an aggressive psychopath attacking me with 18 9mm bullets from my CC six inches away from my other hand
>>
>>8181221
No, it's a statement, which means all intelligent people can dismiss your posts, because you're a mentally ill lunatic.
>>
>>8181247
And then I'd punch you in the face.
You can keep your child-like palate to yourself, sow.
>>
>>8181204
in my eastern europoor country the cheapest you can get is like 25 cents per pack, but that tastes like plastic, the only decent ones are some thai ramen that now cost 62 eurocents, a few year pack it was 45, also the selection is really poor, I guess it's not that popular here so it isn't imported that much. You can only get the japanese/korean stuff from specialty shops and there it costs euro and upwards depending on the brand
>>
>>8179203
The meme is broke college kids eat it and college kids are dumb as bricks.
>>
>>8181247
Yeah you wouldn't.
Stop trying to sound tough on the internet, dipshit.
>>
>>8179231
nah, best you can do is 6/$1... the only ramen that was 10 cents was wal-mart brand ten years ago.
>>
Any tips for making some sort of food from grass?
Also has anyone here farmed insects? I heard they're a cheap source of energy.
>>
yes op very high cholesterol its very bad for you
>>
Same here OP very poor. Finding cheap foods is tough. But I'd recommend potatoes added to your diet, they are cheap and not hard to make. They are also pretty good nutrition wise.

Hope you get some money OP.
>>
>>8181204
I don't know why, but it's not as cheap as in america here in Germany. Maybe we have a food standard that interferes with their usual recipe, so they have to change something, which makes the product more expensive?
>>8179631
Can't you just do that with stock cubes as well? Just put boiling water over one and add some rice noodles (they don't need to cook at all, so perfect for low effort stuff) and you have more or less the same base, but (depending on what you get ofc.) with actual chicken/beef in the soup.
>>
i limit myself to 3 eggs/day. 12 a day is ridiculous. find other cheap food sources (there are plenty)
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
10KB, 480x360px
ROUGHLY THE
SIZE OF A
BAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGE
>>
>>8181204
For some reason food costs way less in the US than it does in Europe.
I suppose it's because of lower fuel cost (implying lower production and transport cost), lower taxe rates, more waste (meaning more food bought per person) and probably some other factors.
>>
File: 133065960.jpg (131KB, 478x600px) Image search: [Google]
133065960.jpg
131KB, 478x600px
If you're poor:
- learn to make cheap bread and freeze extra
- eggs
- drink 100 oz of water per day
- oatmeal + raisins for 1 meal per day
- cold pasta w/ italian dressing can be a meal
- onions, carrots, rice, and scrambled egg for a meal
>>
File: AreYouSerious.jpg (15KB, 400x321px) Image search: [Google]
AreYouSerious.jpg
15KB, 400x321px
>>8179265
This comment is so retarded I can only hope you're trolling for your sake
>>
>>8181918
>cold pasta w/ italian dressing can be a meal
...why does it need to be cold?
>>
Eggs contain a lot of sulfur, so you could end up with some rank smelling flatulence and feces.
>>
>>8179190
>Tamago Kake Gohan
>In the land of salmonella

Not even once.
>>
>>8181938
Not him, but I bet warm salad dressing tastes like ass/is less flavorful.
>>
File: noodles.gif (913KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
noodles.gif
913KB, 500x281px
>>8182060
I'm assuming he meant the pasta should we warm, not the dressing
>>
the farts doe
>>
>>8181791
Heh. I like your style.
>>
>>8182052
Make soft boiled eggs then
>>
>>8179265
Just like Gaston...
>>
>>8179165

Nah, too much back and forth faggotry about ill health and good health. I think they're good for you even in large doses. The biggest argument against the healthiness is the amount of cholesterol consumed. It's been proven that eating cholesterol does not adversely affect bad cholesterol and does not promote heart disease.

12 is a little much for an extended period of time, but I doubt it would do you ill more than eating say ramen packets
>>
>>8179204
Because welfare exists, you fucking fisherman.
>>
>>8181204
VAT, euros think everything is free, so they can't comprehend the vast amount of taxes they pay. Plus their tax is built into the price, not added on like Merican theft.
>>
Your sweat will smell like eggs and you will get sick - I hated teaching egg day at the CIA to those little faggots - I would have to taste each and every one of their egg dishes and I would get sick every time I had to do that
>>
>>8182052
You are SUCH a little pussy.
No one gets salmonella from TKG, not even in the US.
>>
>>8179165
If they're real pasture raised free range farm fresh eggs and you're active, you'll be alright.
>>
>>8182040
I can attest to this. I eat eggs for breakfast 5 or 6 days a week and at night I have the rankest of farts. It smells like Satan snuck a shart under my blankets.
>>
im surprised no one has mentioned the tortilla version of eggs in a basket. it's 10 times better and way less messy. i like to put cheese and hot sauce on it, and maybe some leftover chicken if I have it. they a perfect quick meal or snack and don't take very long. tortillas are also very cheap in bulk
>>
>>8182325
>no one has mentioned the tortilla version of eggs in a basket. it's 10 times better and way less messy.
doesnt post the recipe
FUCK YOU.
>>
>>8182319

I eat eggs most days as well and my farts smell like God's anus. You're diet is probably shit.
>>
>>8182521
No, you're just full of shit.
>>
Bruh buy a sack of potatoes for $2 and dice them up and fry them, then crack an egg or two on top.
Eating only eggs isn't going to fill you up
>>
>>8182412
It's literally just the eggs in a basket recipe with a tortilla.

>oil in hot pan
>bite center out of tortilla & throw in pan
>*optional* lightly toast and flip so both sides are all oily and gooood
>put egg in hole where you bit in the middle of tortilla
>put salt and pepper, wahtever
>flip
>cheese and hot sauce until melted

DONE you fucking dumb cuck
>>
>>8179165

God's own breakfast is Huevos rancheros
>>
>>8181272
>9mm
Hard to want to convict on attempted battery charges.
>>
>>8179165
Dozen might be overdoing it - how fucking stupid are you to only eat one thing every day?

Switch it up idiot, if youre poor eat 4 eggs, oatmeal and beans and rice. Buy veggies when you can - alle super cheap and nutritional
>>
i started a vegetarian keto diet eating six eggs a day and my heart was fluttering and felt like it was gonna explode
>>
You'll get massive consipation really quick, and a kidney stone in a de few.
>>
You are what you eat OP. If you do it for a long time there is a chance that you will turn into an egg.
>>
File: 1474860228153.jpg (18KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474860228153.jpg
18KB, 480x480px
>>8181272
Ah, a fellow /k,ck/. Good to see I'm not alone.
>>
I have a dozen eggs reaching their expiry date tomorrow, what do? I was thinking of baking a vegetable frittata but cbf
>>
>>8179165
Scrounge up for a bulk ass sack of flour or masa harina de maiz and start making bannocks or tortillas on your stove
>>
>>8183075
Drop the eggs in a bowl of water, they're only bad if they float, eggs last wayyy past their expiration date usually, so no worries friend. Also if you need advice you can freez eegg dishes like breakfast burritos and they'll also last quite a while
>>
>>8183195
Thank you, I had forgotten about that trick. If the eggs are good I'll put them back in the fridge. Of they are bad I'll throw them at my neighbours cat

Appreciate that m8
>>
>>8179165
be poor man, but don't eat the same thing all the time

that's not saving you money
use your brains nigger and cycle between poorfag food

breakfast:
eggs and bread (maybe bacon)
oats or wheat bricks (maybe fruit)
porridge
pancakes

lunch:
sandwiches (penut butter be the best value)
rice and some other shit
rammen
chinese instant noodles (bin the flavour sachets, they bad for you)
left overs from dinner
toasted sandwich
soup
bean stew
omlette with whatever veg you have

dinner:
I can't be fucked typing, but if you poor it don't mean you have to eat like a junkie

ask me anything man, I've been poor as shit
don't go saddening me by eating a whole block of butter or some shit
>>
>>8179284
Good on you anon. Nice to hear you're doing well
>>
>>8180513
You are not poor if you eat anything sugary at all

also salt and pepper are literal luxuries

back in the day I would eat literally only bread and vegetables raw. didnt eat anything hot for 6 months at one point
>>
>>8184967
>salt
>luxurie
Salt is so inexpensive you can't really call it a luxury. At least where I'm from you can buy 1kg of salt for less than 5 € at that 1kg will last for long, long time
>>
>>8184967
but why?
>>
Just cooked myself some weird hash potatoes + spinach + 6 eggs mixed. Pan fried ofcourse.

Tastes pretty good.
>>
>>8181247
It is what it is, Anon. It is what it is...
>>
>>8179165
Yes, it's full of cholesterol and saturated fats. If you do that you will die in your 40-50s
>>
>>8179165
>dozen eggs is only $1.27
The fuck? I get mine at 99 cents a dozen for jumbo eggs.
>>
>>8187324
Where the fuck do you live?

It's $3.99 for a dozen large eggs here.
>>
>>8179275
the 90s called
they want their nutritional ignorance back
>>
>>8182325
chilaquiles is what that is called
Mexicans love that shit
>>
>>8182325
>>8182412
>>8182797
Pretty easy to scramble eggs with cut up tortillas as well
>>
File: billy.png (35KB, 200x219px) Image search: [Google]
billy.png
35KB, 200x219px
>>8179165
>2 sunny side up eggs
>toast good English muffins like Stone and Skillet, not that garbage that Thomas' pushes
>prosciutto, eggs, then a little pesto on top
Best breakfast
>>
>>8182184
VAT is 20% here, it won't transform 10c into 50c
>>
>>8187363
Alabamy. To be fair, I get them from a farmers market if that makes any difference.
>>
File: pokegang.jpg (52KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
pokegang.jpg
52KB, 578x327px
>>8180695

>Eggs are non-nutritious.
>>
>>8179165

Check Stev out

https://www.youtube.com/user/artisanbreadwithstev

real homemade bread is cheap, filling, and delicious.
>>
>>8179165
DEAD is a lot of protons, like 72 grams. But if that is OK, nothing wrong with it. You miht get ussies with biotin or phosphate though.
>>
>>8186377
American here, just bought 737g of salt for $0.83. I'd hate to see someone who thinks that's a luxury.
>>
>>8179165
Cheap protein, the meat salesmen don't want you to consume too much because the margins are low on that.
Same reason for the backlash against milk.
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.