[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does canned soda taste better than bottled soda? Is it just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

Why does canned soda taste better than bottled soda?
Is it just placebo from paying more?
>>
>>8178815
metal taste good
>>
glass > can > (plastic) bottle
>>
>>8178827
This man is speaking the truth
>>
glass> plastic bottle > can
>>
File: JUST_FUCKING_DRINK_IT.jpg (79KB, 530x260px) Image search: [Google]
JUST_FUCKING_DRINK_IT.jpg
79KB, 530x260px
Same reason Corona in a can tastes better than it's cleared bottled counterpart. UV rays effect the carbonation and taste of liquids. Any of these faggots saying they prefer bottles are tryharding to impress their denim vest wearing peers that they only drink "the finest of single ipa craft made exclusively in a suburb of a major metropolitan city".

You ever wonder why fine wine is bottled and aged in dark glass bottles in cellars? There you go m8. Objectively yes a glass bottle is better if all other factors are not in play. As far as perceived value and I would assume glass bottled sodas and other beverages are more expensive. I mean look at fucking Perrie for christ sakes.

t; guy who watches a lot of bar rescue
>>
>>8178827
The only correct answer
>>
>>8178827
sugar > high fructose corn syrup
>>
>>8178827
Why do you think bottle is synonymous with plastic? Are you trying to be cute and look smart with the parentheses or what? Fucking loser, get bent.

If this was /ck/ circa 2007 you would be psychologically destroyed by the ensuing volley of insults in response to such a pedantic and pathetic reply.

You are lucky we live in the age of ultra politically correct, mainstream, hugbox, echo chamber, groupthink 4chan.

You are
>>
>>8178928
>Same reason Corona in a can tastes better than it's cleared bottled counterpart. UV rays effect the carbonation and taste of liquids.
Yes, because bottled soda and beer is often exposed to UV rays that penetrate glass.

>hurrrr
>>
>>8178955
Was this your attempt to be "ebin" and get upvotes, hoping that someone would screencap your post and add EPIC pics of airhorns and stills of Snoop Dogg?
>>
File: chrome_2016-10-12_15-56-03.png (22KB, 636x171px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-10-12_15-56-03.png
22KB, 636x171px
ur dumb.
what is shipping and logistics as well as importation of generic macro beer that sits in a fucking warehouse and then a container while being transported around
>hurrrrr
t; someone smarter than you
>>
>>8178991
@
>>8178960
>>
>>8178990
He's right, though.
>>
>>8178991
Must be why people get suntans while working in a warehouse, you fucking turd.
>>
>>8179007
here in this little place called non-flyover we don't have shit weather and we have skylights to conserve energy. i frequently got suntans operating forklifts.

and psssst. not all containers are full steel. they get shipped warm, and half of them have fabric/ mesh roofs to prevent them from becoming ovens.

Your move dipshit. Tell me more about your immense knowledge of beer and logistics.
>>
>>8179002
No he's not. He's being retarded, and trying to be LOL SO RANDOM.
>>
>>8178939
>no really I can feel the difference
>>
>>8178928

>any alcohol tasting better out of a can

kys
>>
>>8179017
>operating forklifts.
Sorry, I don't talk to blue collar trash. Why would your parents have children if they weren't educated?

Conversation over.
>>
File: grid-cell-4743-1418102942-2.jpg (68KB, 625x583px) Image search: [Google]
grid-cell-4743-1418102942-2.jpg
68KB, 625x583px
>>8179034
"FATHER THE MEAN MAN MADE ME LOOK STUPID"

>kys tho m8 i'm a lead with a hazmat cert. i make 35 an hour sitting on my ass yelling at mexicans. Enjoy the (you)
>>
>>8178955
gee golly gosh, I guess I should never refer to the overwhelming majority of bottles which are made of plastic as just bottles since there are still glass bottles used in Mexico for soda, even if there aren't any commonly available in the US. Thanks mister anon, i need to go home now, my mommy's calling me.
>>
>>8179043
>hourly wage
>working with Mexicans
>blue collar slob

kys
>>
>>8178827
>>8178837
Plebs forgetting that based fountain rules them all
>>
>>8178928
fucking idiot, UV rays are almost entirely blocked by glass and the reason why wine is stored in cellars is because of cooler and more consistent temperatures. Also even if it was muh UV radioactive soda, how fucking often are packs of soda going to be left outside to be subjected to UV radiation. fucking moron
>>
>>8179053
Thanks for your analysis Opie.
>>
>>8178928
>Same reason Corona in a can tastes better than it's cleared bottled counterpart.
But Corona always tastes awful, even Bud is better than Corona.
>>
File: Boxed-Water-is-Better2.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Boxed-Water-is-Better2.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>>8178815
Best water coming through
>>
File: Dessert.jpg (522KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Dessert.jpg
522KB, 1024x768px
>>8179017
>>8178991

Okay hows this, coming from a fuck who just got his astrophysics degree, tell me, how many layers are these products in. Are they covering the floor in 1 layer of these roofless trucks without any sealed packaging like cardboard boxes or layers of plastic wrap? Or are they stacked on top of each other, in packaging or in general covered in shadows because believe it or not but if visible light is blocked so is the UV radiation, Then you also seem to not realize that while UVB rays can still pass through glass, the effective radiative energy transfer is drastically reduced as the rest is reflected, and you aren't taking into account that the amount of time these single files of glass bottles sit in direct sunlight in roofless cars is a minuscule amount of time compared to their shelf lives. The energy imparted to the hundreds upon hundreds of liters of water based liquid wouldn't be enough to do jack shit unless they were put outside to sit in the sun for months (The time needed to affect shit would be inversely proportional to the molecular weight of the molecule supposedly being fucked by UV rays so the time would be many orders of magnitude Assuming that there even was enough energy to affect the molecules, which add another lengthening of time by finding the ratio of the required energy with what's delivered by mostly reflected UV light). Also you seem to forget that consumable products are shipped all over the country by trucks, which require solid roofing to prevent affects from water and snow because dry weather in the South West doesn't prevent rainstorms in the Northern coastal areas.

>tl;dr learn 2 science fuktard
>>
>>8178815
CO2 can dissipate through PET plastic affecting the taste.

I've got in the habit of checking the best before dates on bottles to make sure they are at least 2-3 months away. In display cases where they aren't loaded from the rear, bottles towards the back can be very old if they keep pushing new bottles in from the front. Dollar stores are better because they sell a lot and usually sell out their entire inventory every week.
>>
I have done blind taste tests of various sodas in glass, plastic and metal containers and I can distinguish them every time (my gf didn't believe I could tell a difference).
So believe me when I say it is not a placebo. Cans give a metallic taste that's pretty apparent when contrasted immediately with other containers. Personally I think that's bad and glass tastes the best.
>>
Because the contents of the packaging are dissolved into the solution of the bottle.
All of these packages will dissolve untill the solutions become saturated. generally these bottles are only able to be dissolved by covalent solvents. I'm unsure which particular ingredient is the covalent solvent in things like coke, which only have a very very thin layer on the top, noticeable when looking down on the bottle after it has progressed past the label in the 1.5l bottles, you should be able to see a distinct difference, the top layer essentially see through whereas underneath completely coloured by caramel.

In alcohol, alcohol is literally a covalent solvent, however the product is a mixture of alcohol and water. these two components DO NOT MIX.
>>
>>8179171
To be fair, his argument was that UV rays penetrated glass and changed the flavour, not how the bottles are stored.
His initial argument is technically correct, even though variables can make it unlikely.
>>
>>8179251
what if the glass bottle is inside a cardboard box?
>>
>>8179264
Reread my post and realize why you're stupid.
>>
File: dude.gif (1MB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
dude.gif
1MB, 450x360px
>>8179043
I attach my self worth to the menial tasks I perform for income
>>
>>8179251
His argument is that this is a means of why bottled liquids taste different and uses faulty examples and faultier logic to support it.
>>
>>8179034
>>8179274
>>8179062
>>8179338
>>8179277

This dude is fucking

B U T T H U R T
U
T
T
H
U
R
T
>>
Just want to say im on the bus and trying not to break down in laughter at this heated debate over plastic and glass bottles
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.