[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am going to donate platelets and plasma this friday. It took

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1416237044870.jpg (27KB, 255x342px) Image search: [Google]
1416237044870.jpg
27KB, 255x342px
I am going to donate platelets and plasma this friday. It took a fucking long time the last time I tried.

Is there anything I can eat and drink to help speed it up a little bit. I am planning on drinking 30 oz of water and taking my multivitamins two days beforehand
>>
Eat a fuckton of peanuts beforehand so you can hopefully kill the person on the other end through allergies.
>>
>>8177319

drink the 30oz the day before and another 8 oz half an hour before. too early and you just piss it out before you donate. maybe raise blood pressure to get it out a little faster, think of thing that piss you off. just take vitamins once a day like normal.
>>
>>8177335
30 oz 24 hours before and then 8.5 oz a half hour before
thanks bro
>>
>>8177327
I like the cut of your jib.
>>
Why would you do that
>>
stop calling it "donating"

you are selling your vital bodily fluids for pennies on the dollar

its a pathetic thing to do
>>
>>8177433
who let the rednecks in?
>>
>>8177433
That has to be one of the most ass-backwards things I've ever heard.
>>
>>8177433
Not all countries give money for blood, I think in countries like Denmark it's free.
>>
>>8177433
Don't ever post again

>>8177319
Not sure what the procedure is where you are donating, but do continuous flow (two arm) instead of intermittent flow (one arm) if you can. Much faster that way.
>>
>>8177319
Electrolyte liquid. Pound it back the entire day before you go there.
4 cups water
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup orange juice

Got the recipe from an emergency room doctor
>>
>>8177522
>>8177525
>>8177533
>>8178649

i don't get it. he's right, though. do none of you live in america?
>>
File: 1459500106035.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1459500106035.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>8177433
donating = giving away for free
selling = giving away for money

so how does the act of giving away ones blood for medical purposes without any compensation act as selling it? Also how is this pathetic, it literally saves people who need blood.
>>
>>8177319
Avoid fatty foods in the day or two before - nothing fried, no cheese - can make the platelets "cloudy". Plenty of fluids beforehand.>>8177327
>>
>>8178759
Go stand in line at a plasma place. Its the scummiest of the scum from your town. Niggers chimping out and have their cell phone blaring shitty rap music. Meth head white trash wanting to bum cigs or bus money.

I didnt eat for 2 days so I got desperate and went to one of these kind of places. Stood in line for 5 to 10 minutes and said fuck this shit. Pawned my xbox instead.
>>
>>8178759
>without any compensation
But that's wrong; you get paid for plasma donations. It's a popular way for junkies to raise cash for their next fix.
>>
>>8177433
>>8178784
>>8178788
actually I am doing it >for free at my local bloodbank. There is a biomat in the poorfag part of town where I could get paid if i wanted to
>>8177533
donating platelets and plasma is different and takes 5 times as long as donating normie blood
>>
>2016
>still falling for the donation meme

Most of it ends up in the garbage.
>>
>>8179747
being in the 3 gallon club looks good on my resume. I had the girl hiring me talk about how she was preggo and needed a fuck ton of blood
>>
>>8178740
No, he's actually wrong, just like you.
>>
>>8177319
Are you an immaterial girl?
>>
>>8180692
they needle kept missing the vein
>>
The only thing that could speed it up is a better machine
>>
>>8177339
>>8177335

>30 oz 24 hours before
If you don't already drink at least a quart of water in an entire day, you should consider drinking more on a regular basis.
>>
get piss drunk, if I'm in trauma and I need a blood transfusion to live I'd probably need a drink
>>
>>8181299
Giving blood makes my vision go blurry
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.