[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What you think /ck/? Is this place a meme or legit? One just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

File: download.jpg (9KB, 282x179px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 282x179px
What you think /ck/? Is this place a meme or legit? One just opened a few blocks from me and people at work won't shut up about it. I checked it out, selection seemed somewhat limited but they have decent cheese counter. Lots of frozen shit.
>>
File: tjs-crackers.jpg (409KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
tjs-crackers.jpg
409KB, 1200x800px
Meme.

It's only good for premade/frozen shit. Apparently the beer is good, but I've never tried it.

But for fresh produce and meat, it's garbage.
>>
Depends on what you are looking for and the size of the store I guess. The one near me isn't huge. So I never see any of that bullshit stuff the internet talks about. Their sushi is the 2nd best store bought sushi I ever had.
>>
It's pretty much all store brand stuff. It's as cheap as the name brand stuff you'll find at the supermarket but a little better. They also have a bunch of stuff you won't find elsewhere. They have more employees working at any given time than the other supermarket I go to, which is like 10 times bigger.
>>
might as well just go to aldi, I'll have to drive all the way to winter park to find one of these
>>
>>8176190
cheap booze, good cheese selection. other than that, i wouldn't bother, unless you need to pretend to be healthy while eating frozen food.
>>
>>8176190
http://www.whatsgoodattraderjoes.com/
trader joes is bomb but not everything they make is worth getting.
I think this blog is the original, but there's a few copycats at this point.
>>
>>8176197
this desu. i used to try and do my whole grocery shopping here but it wasnt worth it. it's really best for like, interesting snacks and tidbits and really high quality, tasty frozen food. and good produce, at least in my experience
>>
They are my go to for great cheap wine & easy party food. In other words great for entertaining
>>
>>8176190

not good as a grocery store replacement, you will not be able to find everything you would expect at a normal grocery store.

good for snacks, cheese, quick lunch, interesting frozen foods, inexpensive wine/beer

not great for produce or breads
>>
>>8176334
the produce there is quality and pretty cheap if they have what you're looking for

I never get any meat there though

also for some reason getting a small free sample of food makes shopping 100x better
>>
>>8176300
Seconded. Nice cheese selection and I can pick up a good four buck chuck
>>
>>8176190

extremely limited selection
good house brand stuff
mediocre pricing

not my fav C+
>>
I used to go there for the sole purpose of obtaining "natural" crunchy peanut butter, because they were the only place that sold it for some reason. I moved cities and now I can find it at Target so TJ is basically useless now.
>>
There movie theater popcorn is god tier
>>
>>8176190
The 30% Hazelnut dark chocolate bar is possibly my favorite widely available chocolate.

Good for snacks, nibbles, cheese, and decent "ethnic" frozen shit like curries and whatnot.
>>
>>8176190

legit meme
>>
>>8176190
Cheese selection is great and cheap. Wine and beer are good too. Produce is way overpriced since they charge per piece of produce rather by the weight. Great for snacks.
>>
>>8176190
trader joe's is my closest grocery store and while i prefer sprouts or even aj's + whole foods i can run to trader joe's for a few things:
>milk
>egg
>greek yogurt/cottage cheese
>frozen fish or chicken if i'm desperate
>some of the packaged produce is acceptable (mushrooms, snap peas, florets)

otherwise i'd rather go literally anywhere else
>>
>>8176190
I'm not expert on memes, but im pretty
Sure thats a store
>>
Do all my food shopping there. One I go to actually has a great produce section to choose from. Lots of seasonal stuff. I will have to go to other markets for more exotic stuff but it covers the basics and is cheaper. There premade stuff, which I rarely eat as is, is actually really good. Meats are decent but the one I go to has no butcher so Its all prepackaged however it all tastes great. Bread is also wonderful
>>
>>8176190
It's good for cheese, alcohol and snacks. Their meat/produce isn't well priced.
>>
>>8176587
arizona?
>>
>>8176190
Aldi with a neato sign. Both are legit IMO
>>
File: ajs holy meat sale.jpg (690KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
ajs holy meat sale.jpg
690KB, 2048x1536px
>>8176836
si
>>
good moshi
>>
>>8176190
I bought olive oil from there. It isn't shit. Not the best though.
>>
Kill yourself
>>
I can buy almost everything I need there and the prices are good.
Bear in mind that I don't buy much proceesed or pre-made stuff.

What I get elsewhere:
Nutritional yeast
Bread
Produce
Asian foodstuffs
>>
Ausfag here.
My only knowledge of this place comes from when I went on a holiday to NYC and stayed in a friend's apartment. I enjoy the occasional spoonful of peanut butter and she had Trader Joe's brand in her fridge.
It was the best peanut butter I've ever tasted in my life, and I've had many, many different kinds. When my roommate visited the USA earlier this year I made him bring me back a couple of jars.
>>
File: GorillaMunch_15_GlutenFreeCereal.jpg (441KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
GorillaMunch_15_GlutenFreeCereal.jpg
441KB, 1024x768px
Three buck chuck.

<-- And this of course!
>>
File: jessica adidas5.jpg (50KB, 960x479px) Image search: [Google]
jessica adidas5.jpg
50KB, 960x479px
i like trader joes a bit better than aldi cuz the atmosphere

theyre both way cheaper than you average grocery store and i have no idea what you guys mean when you say you cant find everything you need there

name one way its limited

its not limited its just healthy focused... odds are youre eating something terrible for your body if you can only find it at a generic grocery store
>>
>>8177808
Trader Joe's is not health focused, wtf?

It has less produce than any other grocer.
>>
>>8176190
the $2.50 wine isnt too bad if you're like me and drink it all in one night, straight from the bottle....gets you where you need to go. also not to bad to cook with honestly.

cheese section is good, produce tastes better than von's or ralphs or any of the 'supermarket' produce

they sell those ak mak crackers that are pretty tasty adn their raw almonds arent to over priced

overall i dont mind the place
>>
>>8177808
It's limited because instead of brownie mix, they have double fudge mint brownie mix, and instead of soy sauce, they have low sodium soy sauce, and instead of pesto, they have special mint walnut pesto.
They need to start with the basics and diversify: not the other way around.
That said, they do have most of what I need.
>>
>>8177829
>instead of brownie mix, they have double fudge mint brownie mix, and instead of soy sauce, they have low sodium soy sauce, and instead of pesto, they have special mint walnut pesto.

those are just specialty items to make it exciting
they have normal things too

buy the low sodium soy sauce its better for you lmao

do you know how ridiculously high in sodium actual soy sauce is

its deadly
>>
>>8177821
depends on the trader joes

i guess some of them have slightly less big produce section

i never had a problem
>>
>>8177829
in order to keep the costs down, aldis and trader joes only carry a certain amount of things....

thats why its nearly twice as inexpensive as even discount stores like walmart
>>
In my expensive city, the stuff at Trader Joe's is usually cheaper than the equivalent at a "normal" grocery store. Their frozen meals are much higher quality and much more interesting (sweet potato gnocchi, that pizza with prosciutto on it, cha siu bao...), and are really helpful when I'm lazy. They have by far the best value for cheese, wine, and (private label) beer.

Since I have to travel a bit to get to it, I typically only go for specific products of theirs that I enjoy or for something that is much cheaper there. I otherwise buy my basics at the market down the street.
>>
>>8178037
Agreed. In NYC, it's funny that the trendy joint (TJs) is much cheaper than the grungy local grocery stores.

The lines though....the fucking lines. Thank god i live by the west 72nd one, I wouldn't even bother with the union square location
>>
It's good for cheeses, other dairy, dried fruits, nuts, specialty vinegars, alcohol, and holiday season treats. That's about it. Although I do like their wild arugula, their "lemony" salad greens mix that includes dock, and depending on where your store gets their bread from, the fresh breads can be very good. My local TJs gets it's fresh baked breads from a good local bakery, so I buy my baguettes and brioche buns there.
>>
it's the Whole Foods of convenience stores
>>
Trader Joe's just sells re-branded things which are sold at other stores. There's not much more to say than that. They generally try to stock the better-tasting things so it's less of a crapshoot.

Post any trader joe's product and I'll reply with the original.
>>
>>8176238
Same. It's fine for picking up some pre-made shit for lunch or something, but I'm usually disappointed whenever I go to a Trader Joe's. Maybe it's just the ones I've been to.

I'm not thrilled that some outlet mall in town is shilling on this. I have a vegan buddy who's up for it, but depending on the size and selection, I doubt it's going to be any useful.

There's already a Whole Foods/Fresh Market, a local natural grocery store, an Asian grocery, and other national brand groceries that have a specialty items section for gluten-vegan-organic-memes.
>>
>>8179576
The spinach and kale pie. I can't find it anywhere else. I could eat a whole one by myself. Please tell me the original brand so I can buy a hundred of them
>>
>>8179576
they stopped selling dried wasabi peas which were way better than the kind they have at Shoprite

also I like their Soyaki sauce, it's just easier for a quick stir fry

also their frozen mac n cheese is solid
>>
If your local Trader Joe's has the "Bollywood Popcorn", for fuck's sake, do yourself a favor and go get some (assuming you like popcorn). That shit is addictive as shit.
>>
I'm a manager of a TJ's and hate my job but made almost 90k last year.

Want to leave but the pay and benefits are too good.

Fuck.
>>
>>8179644
how does TJ's stay in business, there are more employees than customers most times I go there
>>
>>8179652
We do volume. We sell so much shit, our overall costs are low (reason why our stores look shitty, no deli counter), and hire young good looking kids to run a low payroll.

Super efficient too. German owned.

Ask me anything.
>>
>>8179663
What's the best stuff there? Why do they only hire old hippies and people with a million tattoos and blue hair?
>>
>>8179677
Cheese, frozen stuff, nuts & dried fruit are best bets.

Our wine used to be a good deal. Now a days you can find better deals at almost any other grocery store.

We hire good attitude. Unless they don't work hard or turn into an HR nightmare...then they get fired.
>>
>>8179690
They don't sell wine in grocery stores here in Connecticut anyways. I do think it's strange how TJ's has a ton of range in how good their stuff is. I tried their canned clam chowder the other day and it was gross.
>>
>>8179690
How does the company decide on which food to meme? E.g. Mango in the summer, pumpkin spice in the fall, etc.
>>
>>8179707
In my opinion, the quality of our food was pretty good but is now declining.

>>8179718
About 3 years ago we started doing the pumpkin thing (gross). Was such a hit that they tried doing it with mango in the summertime. That shit is beyond my pay grade.
>>
>>8179735
What's the worst item that you sell the most? Any good yuppie customer stories?
>>
>>8179745
One customer asked my how many threads of saffron came in a jar. I just about lost it.

We have a lot of bad items. I still can't believe how many people buy Charles Shaw wine...it's fucking terrible. The whole meat department is a joke. I get at LEAST 15 meat returns a day because it had a bad smell/went bad. There's a good reason for that...
>>
There's one next to a movie theater near me. Instead of getting candy from the theater we go there and sneak it in. Some of it's really good, like those gummi mangos. Or my wife will just sneak one of those cartons of dark chocolate peanut butter cups in her purse.
>>
>>8176238
you /orlando/?

Do you go to freshfields farm? I usually shop there, publix, and sometimes asian markets.
>>
They're great, but I only go for cheap beer and the pound plus chocolate bar.
>>
>>8179663
Can I still be hired if I'm not peppy? Advice pls.
>>
>>8176334
>>8176542
Hit it right on the nose.

>>8176190
Shit I like to buy there:
>multigrain crackers
>peppermint joe-joes (These make me fat every christmas season)
>salads
>move theater popcorn
>bbq kettle chips
>sugar snap peas. Unavailable or shit anywhere else I go
>apples. Don't know why but their apples are better than the rest. Just the right size and always crisp.

Honestly once you go there regularly, you find the foods you like and stick to them. It's definitely not a grocery store replacement in my opinion but there are things that you can't find anywhere else or prefer at TJ's which keeps you coming back.
>>
File: what am i doing.jpg (116KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
what am i doing.jpg
116KB, 500x390px
>buy bag of white cheddar puffs
>"should make for a nice snack"
>eat entire bag
>>
A grip. Faggot.
>>
Their frozen seafood is top tier. As is their snacks. The peanut butter pretzels are the bomb. Good beer selection, but it's not stored cold. They stock interesting varieties of olives, and they aren't over piced like the $9.00 per pound "olive bar" at my local Ralph's. I can do 75% of my grocery shopping there, but always end up in a regular grocery store for the other 25%.
>>
>>8176334
so its a marked-up walgreens lmao
>>
Love it. Cheap veggies and fruits, AMAZING frozen section, yummy snacks, fantastic cheese selection. Nothing you buy here will be short of a 5/10 product, and most will be a 6+.
>>
Cheap delicious booze, awesome cheese (you have to try the parmesan/gouda melange, and Unexpected Cheddar, seriously the cheddar is the best cheddar you'll ever have in your life) frozen foods are awesome, especially their hatch chili mac and cheese. Don't buy meats there, they're overpriced as shit. Try anything you want, you're constantly encouraged to return food if you don't like it. You can even return an empty bag from frozen food and not have a receipt and they'll still give you a refund.
>>
>>8180158
but the entire bag is only 910 calories
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.