[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have any tips on creating my own ramen or something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: ramen bowl.jpg (82KB, 980x652px) Image search: [Google]
ramen bowl.jpg
82KB, 980x652px
Does anyone have any tips on creating my own ramen or something similar? Right now I'm trying to cook chow mein noodles with baking soda and then fry it after.
>>
>>8173833
Not much to say, really. Make your own stock, boil noodles, add your fixins (green onion, boiled egg, spicy chili crisp, sesame seed, whateverthafuck), and enjoy.

Good, simple ingredients.
>>
>>8173833
>cook noodles with baking soda
Anon...sodium bicarbonate is not the same as sodium hydroxide.
>>
Spaghetti squash, nigger. Shit is great.
>>
>>8174039
are you telling him to cook with products from home depot?
>>
OP here, I'll probably fry the noodles I made in olive oil tomorrow morning, then google some broth recipe, is that ok?
>>
>>8174322
Kansu/Gan Sueh, or lye water, is an alkaline liquid traditionally used to make ramen noodles and give them their springiness and color.
Sodium hydroxide is lye. I wouldn't suggest buying it from Home Depot because I doubt it would be food grade, but lye is or has been used in making ramen noodles.
I was pointing out the fact that OP seemed to be using the wrong sodium salt is all.
>>
>>8174339
I remember reading a recipe for making your own alkaline noodles and the first step was heating baking soda in the oven, this activates the sodium bicarbonate and turns it into something else, which you use to alkaline your boiling water.
>>
>>8174535
It's possible that by heating you dehydrated sodium bicarbonate into sodium carbonate, another common component of gan sueh.
Also the verb form is "to alkalise", don't ask me why
>>
>>8174836
Wiki says
"In cooking, [sodium carbonate] is sometimes used in place of sodium hydroxide for lyeing, especially with German pretzels and lye rolls. These dishes are treated with a solution of an alkaline substance to change the pH of the surface of the food and improve browning."
>>
>>8174336
No man.

If you want broth, don't fry your noodles. The only quick broth to make is miso. Otherwise you'll need bones or a chicken carcass and a lot of time.

If you want fried noodles, don't add broth, add a sauce. Cook everything in batches to keep heat high.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.