[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey cu/ck/s hwo do you get rid of a well entrenched fruit fly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: why are you like this.jpg (111KB, 639x428px) Image search: [Google]
why are you like this.jpg
111KB, 639x428px
hey cu/ck/s hwo do you get rid of a well entrenched fruit fly infestation?

I've tried fly paper, wine traps, vinegar traps, boiling water down the drain, cleaning out food, you name it. I can't seem to find where they're breeding.

I replace the fly paper every 2 days and every day there are more flys just sitting on my wall mocking me.

Please send help
>>
>>8173790
Get. Everything. Out.

All beer cans, all food, make sure your damn windows and doors aren't open (or at least are screened. If it's particularly bad, get a shop vac and start going to town with the hose attachment.

After the initial clean and kill, you make traps. Small bowls, a little red wine, saran wrap over the top, and poke some holes in it. They'll get it but won't be able to fly out.

Be sanitary for at least one week so that the only option they have is to fly into the traps. Then don't be that disgusting again.

I mean, I know you're an alcoholic, but dump the dredges down the drain and keep your recycling bin in the garage or basement, because spiders are your friends.
>>
>>8173790
If your place is already clean, then it might not be fruit flies but fungus gnats; they feed off of the fungus that can grow in any potted plants you might have in your home. There are various treatments you can apply to the soil to kill the fungus and fly larvae, or prevent them.
>>
>>8173797
Seriously. Fuckin' clean up, dude
>>
>>8173797
that's the odd thing. I have 3 roommates, none of us drink except the occasional mixed drink and all bottled are stored well and clean. The dirtiest thine we do is soak a pan over night.

for the last week nothing has stayed in the sink, the garbage goes out at least once a day, there are no more can and bottle bags, everything is being thrown out and flies still keep up
>>
>>8173813
no potted plants either here. no mold in my house either, well no more than what is normal for any house to have in the air I guess
>>
>>8173821
Plug the leak. Find the source.
>>
>>8173827
what are some good places to look? my fridge doesn't have a drip tray, no compost, there's nothing left but the drains and I'm pouring boiling water and bleach don the drain
>>
>>8173868
Behind the oven, a dish pushed under a piece of furniture, maybe a spill on a window sill, your roommates secretly being complete fucking slobs.

Also, it is fall, the bugs want in. Do the traps, but make sure to go over everything with a fine-tooth comb. If they're more in one room than the other, then there's your clue that there's some kind of source in there.
>>
Get one of those traps that looks like a little apple.
>>
>>8173876
>your roommates secretly being complete fucking slobs

Most likely this shit right here.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.