[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My fiancee and I are making burgers tonight. The only issue is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: grilled-bison-burgers.png (322KB, 500x328px) Image search: [Google]
grilled-bison-burgers.png
322KB, 500x328px
My fiancee and I are making burgers tonight. The only issue is we live in an apartment that doesn't allow any kind of grill on the property. We've used an old George Foreman in the past, but it's very imprecise to get it cooked right and our burgers usually come out very overcooked. Anyonr have any tips for cooking them over the stove or even in the oven?
>>
If you fags need help operating a stove, are you sure you're ready for that sort of commitment?

Apply suitable heat to ground meat until requisite doneness is attained
>>
>>8172831

I have to agree with this. You're not allowed to be engaged until you can operate a stove top. I find it alarming you're considering the oven. Just have a pan, patties, apply heat and remove when desired doneness is achieved.
>>
File: yaa2.png (1MB, 1029x697px) Image search: [Google]
yaa2.png
1MB, 1029x697px
He could broil them in the oven. Nothing wrong with that. Just have to keep an eye on them so they don't overcook.

But anyway, Op... just use a pan with med-high heat on whatever kind of burner you have on the stove. Add a little oil in the pan, when it gets up to temp cook patties on each side for about 3-4 minutes. Maybe less depending on thickness. They should come out all right. And make sure you have some fatty hamburger. I like 80/20.
>>
>>8172831
>>8172858
I'm sure it's a bit more nuanced than that. We've been cooking together for years now but we always used a grill for our burgers. Since we can't do that anymore I was hoping there was a better way than the way we were doing it. I was just wondering about more of the subtleties. Can I use my cast iron? Should I use oil? What heat should I use? We've been cooking together for a long time and we do know how a stove works. We just haven't ever done this recipe on the stove and I wanted to know what you guys do for it.
>>
>>8172815

Consider an indoor grill or grill pan.

Don't listen to the negative comments, they are just angry they are alone. Nothing wrong with asking for help when you are unsure about something
>>
>>8172815
Use the broiler, of course. It's literally an upside-down grill.
>>
>>8172867
>Can I use my cast iron?
Yes.

>Should I use oil?
Yes. Try canola oil.

>What heat should I use?
Medium high.
>>
File: buy a fucking grill pan.jpg (311KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
buy a fucking grill pan.jpg
311KB, 1300x866px
>>8172815
>>
>>8172815
There are cast iron grill pans you can buy. Gets the marks without using propane, coal, or wood. Which is really the whole point of grilling, is cooking with open flames. But get a pan hot as fuck with a high smoke point oil and let the party sear really hard on both sides. Don't be a pussy and flip it over a bunch of times. Let it cook on each side for at least 4 minutes.
>>
>>8172815
This is the dumbest shit I've seen in a while.

Take a pan.
Put some canola oil or olive oil on it.
Cover surface.
Set heat to medium high.
Heat the pan until the oil starts to shimmer.
Place the tip of a patty in the pan, if it doesn't sizzle it's not hot enough.
If it sizzles drop it in.
Allow it to sit on the pan so it can develop a crust.
Flip.
Allow it to sit on the pan so it can develop a crust.
If it's a little pink on the inside let the patties sit in a warm oven (130 degrees Fahrenheit) for 5 minutes to let it set so it doesn't bleed out when you bite into it.
Plate it up.
It's done.

What's so hard? You literally put meat on a pan.
>>
>>8172815

>Turn on broiler
>Place stainless steel pan in oven
>Make burger patties
>Salt, pepper, add a little olive oil on each side
>Let them sit out for ~20 min while the pan heats up in the oven
>Turn the stove on high
>Take the pan out
>Add patty and let cook for ~30 seconds, flip and cook for another thirty
>Move back to the oven and cook for a few minutes (depending on desired doneness)
>Flip
>Cook for a few more minutes depending on how done you want it
>>
Use a frying pan above a stove to mimic a grill over a flame. Ta-da!

If you whine about it sitting in the fat rather than it dripping away, then you're a vagina. It tastes better with fat
>>
File: imager.jpg (36KB, 475x358px) Image search: [Google]
imager.jpg
36KB, 475x358px
>>8174003
olive oil for burgers :)
>>
>>8172815
just use a grill anyway. people own dogs and other animals in no animal apartments etc.

Quit being such a bitch.
>>
>>8172815
Use your stove. Get a pan, put a little butter in it to oil it up. Heat up said pan. Don't let the butter brown, just melt it. If you're feel adventurous try browning some onions in it before putting in the burgers and hold those off to the side as toppings. Pan should be at a high medium heat, then put in burger patties. Watch/smell/wait for the burger to get to a proper sear on first side, flip to other side. Turn down heat to a low medium heat and let cook the rest of the way. Watch/smell/wait. If you're really worried invest in a good instant reat thermometer. Blammo. Done. Pull off heat, serve burgers on buns, add onions and toppings.
>>
You can just buy a grill pan with ridges dumbass...
>>
You could try making a sauce to reduce and simmer them in. More of a Salisbury steak than burger, but guaranteed good.

Form patties
Oil in pan, cook burgers until just rare, set aside to rest
Cook onion in pan, then add chopped garlic
Salt and pepper, maybe a bit of cayenne as well if you like it
Add beef stock, turn up the heat to reduce, scrape the pan down, maybe some worstershire if you like it
When reduced about half, put burgers back in, turn to medium low
Simmer until desired doneness

Now you have burgers and onions to go on them.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.