[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the deal with tamales? The corn husk isn't edible,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: tamale-guide-page-1.jpg (113KB, 760x350px) Image search: [Google]
tamale-guide-page-1.jpg
113KB, 760x350px
What's the deal with tamales? The corn husk isn't edible, and it isn't solid enough to use as a plate or a wrapper, and the people who invented them wouldn't have had refrigerators so they'd have had to eat them right away, making them useless as a "fast food." How exactly were they convenient for anyone before the invention of the microwave?
>>
>>8172724
I don't know what the deal is but you should post images of tamales and not what white people think tamales are. :P
>>
>>8172730
If you don't want white people to think those are tamales, why do you go door to door selling them to white people?
>>
>>8172724
>they'd have had to eat them right away, making them useless as a "fast food."

What?
>>
>>8172724
These look like they have 3-4x the filling the average Mexican puts in them.
>>
the corn husk is the vessel that the tamale is cooked in and it effects the moisture level and flavor
>>
File: tamale.jpg (2MB, 1840x1404px) Image search: [Google]
tamale.jpg
2MB, 1840x1404px
>>8172724
Pic related: Tamale Not a particularly good one but not like those silly 'diploma scrolls' at least.
>>
>>8172754
>tamale

That's a tamal you pool digging fuck
>>
>>8172763
What's the difference you dorkfuck shitnerd
>>
>>8172773
>what is singular and plural
>>
>>8172773
One is edible. Yours is not.
>>
Not tamal nor tamale.

Pamonha. And its disgusting any way.
>>
>>8172754
>>8172730
Different parts of the Americas make different kinds of tamales.
>>
mexican shit-tier memefood
>>
I think cooking in the husk imparts a flavor. My grandma is from Costa Rica and there they wrap their tamales in banana leaves. Fuck I love her tamales. She thinks Mexicans are filthy indians.
>>
>>8172724
the husk is a container that you can steam them in so the flour takes shape.

They could've been stored in earthen pots without worry of spoilage.
>>
>>8172934
>pot calling the kettle a filthy indian
>>
>>8172934
>Mexicans are filthy indians.

She's got a point there.
>>
>>8172754

no mexican eats these.

these are not tamales
>>
>>8172979
you sure about that son, back in Puebla we called those tamales oaxaquenos
>>
>>8172979
those are Oaxaqueños you northern mongrel
>>
>>8172828
How many big macs you eat per day?
>>
>>8172754
>Posting inferior Central American Tamal.
>>
>>8172754
Thats a monkey tamal. I bet youre 4 foot 11 and dark as fuck.
>>
>>8172979
you are a retard

>never heard of banna husk tamales
>>
Classy thread guey
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.