[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does ever dish in the western world have to come with copious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 11

File: Various-cheeses.jpg (16KB, 275x225px) Image search: [Google]
Various-cheeses.jpg
16KB, 275x225px
Why does ever dish in the western world have to come with copious amounts of cream, butter and cheese?

What if you don't like that? It's hardly a subtle taste you can ignore, it's flavour dominates the meal.
>>
>>8172270
Then don't eat it? Cream, butter and cheese are just delivery systems for fat and salt which appeal to almost everybody. But if you have something against lactose, then that's entirely different.
>>
>>8172274
>Then don't eat it?
It's in EVERYTHING. Good luck getting a meal in a restaurant without it. They don't even tell you before hand, they just assume you like savoury dairy.
>>
File: 2.jpg (372KB, 1800x1125px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
372KB, 1800x1125px
>>8172270
Boy, do I have some exciting new dishes for you!
>>
File: bouba-restaurant.jpg (37KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
bouba-restaurant.jpg
37KB, 550x412px
>>8172270
>>
>>8172270
>America is the entire western world
Fuck off.
>>
>>8172295
I'm from the UK. It's the same everywhere.
>>
>>8172279
Read the descriptions or notify your server that you're lactose intolerant and if they have any recommendations.There are plenty of Italian, French and English dishes that don't have cheese or cream. Some Spanish dishes are solely made from meat. It's hard to get around butter though. It's the main fat they use for saute-ing and pan frying. Unless it's like escargot, then I don't think butter would be too overwhelming.
>>
Its only pasty northern europeans and their colonies that fill everything with cheese.

England->France->Northern Italy->HRE was the pathway and no surprise, its all the people who turn red in the sun.
>>
>>8172295
It is though.
>>
>>8172270

the french
>>
>>8172270
Casomorphins. It's not about the taste, it's about the opiate effect of the dairy. Look it up.
>>
Only shit tier countries that are poorfags can't afford to raise cows for making godly cheese
>>
>>8172270
Zwiebelrostbraten, Gaisburger Marsch, Backfisch, Weißwurst, Kutteln, Rindsrouladen
Spaghetti bolognese, pasta alla genovese
Haggis, british "breakfast"
Paella
Just some stuff from the top of my head.
>>
>>8172270
Ratatouille. Beef burgundy. Pretty much any variation of baked whole chicken. Terrines, any of a multitude of soups/ stews. Bread. Steak.

You're retarded
>>
File: post01_figure01.jpg (40KB, 569x307px) Image search: [Google]
post01_figure01.jpg
40KB, 569x307px
>>
>>8172270
I don't put any of those things on the overwhelming majority of my food.

for instance I use coconut oil instead of butter & I eat mostly porridge oats
>>
That's only true in the US
>>
Because the western world is almost entirely in the Northern Hemisphere's upper latitudes. That means they have winter. That means before refrigeration one of the only foods that would survive the conditions was cheese.

The cream stuff is almost entirely France's fault as cooking with milk is not generally a western tradition.
>>
>>8172610
Exceptions prove the rule
>>
>>8172654
Not when they outnumber the examples of the rule they don't
>>
>>8172270
Because you caucasian fucks have a built-in tolerance for lactose and have to shove it down our throats. Good thing you can't handle chili or spices, guess that's cosmic balance for you.

Try mediterranean food such as italian, spanish or latin american. There's still cream and milk but not as much.
>>
>>8172309
Don't bother, he's an idiot.
>>
>>8172270
Why does every dish in the eastern world have to come with copious amounts of fish, rice, and soy?

What if you don't like that? It's hardly a subtle taste you can ignore, it's flavour dominates the meal.
>>
>>8172931
>Caucasian but also can handle spice
Feels good to be master race.
>>
>>8172270
our ability to consume dairy's highly caloric content directly lead to the dominance of europeans worldwide

suck my dick, chink
>>
>>8172620

>60%-80% of indian adults are lactose intolerant.

I dont believe this. Those people and morning fresh cow and goat milk go hand in hand.
>>
>>8172270
Are you asian? White people and niggers like lots of dairy in the west, asians eat frog heads and tiger penises.
>>
>>8172292
What is this stuff? I've never seen it before.
>>
>>8172279
>It's in everything
Just get steak, chips and salad.
>>
>>8172620
I call bullshit on Australia. I have never met someone who was lactose intolerant.
>>
>>8172270
>Be English bloke
>visit the states
>decide to eat at some mexican fast food place
>order burrito
>take bite
>"Why the hell do americans have to put cheese on everything?"
>return order
>>
>>8173017
If they're lactose intolerant, than you know...
[spoiler] DESIGNATED [/spoiler]
>>
>>8172308

Then go back to pakistan Ahmed
>>
>>8172270
>ever dish in the western world

cause all you ever tried was cheeseburgers fucktard
>>
Because anything without cheese, milk, or cream is just too empty and acidic.
>>
>>8173012
>believes USica is currently dominating China, as well as there are little green men on the moon
>>
>>8173364

>europeans
>america
>>
because it tastes good
>What if you don't like that?
You are a terrible picky eater and you should stop it
>>
>>8172620
Bullshit
>>
>>8173374
hey eruocuck, you can't even handle a bunch of sand niggers running in your country and think you can dominate the world let alone the chinks?

haha get ready cuz ur whitee girls are gonna get fucked by my black cock
>>
File: $R47AMB6.jpg (6KB, 199x300px) Image search: [Google]
$R47AMB6.jpg
6KB, 199x300px
>>8173828
>>
>>8173017
A lot of lactose intolerant people seem to be able to tolerate goat's milk but not cow's milk, even though the difference in lactose concentration isn't huge.
>>
eat more asian and vegan food

or learn to cook and stop being a fucking baby
>>
>>8172270
>Why does every
Hidden, closed, reported, called the cops.
>>
File: Disregard Vanilla.jpg (74KB, 590x775px) Image search: [Google]
Disregard Vanilla.jpg
74KB, 590x775px
>object to lactose-rich foods
>gorge on raw fish infested with parasites

Good show, Third World!
>>
>>8172279
Steak, Seafood, Chinese Food, Indian Food, Sushi
>>
Common everyday American food that lacks dairy:

Spaghetti with meatballs
Steak
Fried Chicken
BBQ Pork
French fries
Peanut butter & jelly sandwich
Fish n chips
Roast turkey
Chili con carne
Hot dogs
Chinese takeout
>>
>>8172944
The amount of Asian chefs I've seen ruin a nice piece of steamed fish by dumping tablespoons of soy sauce on it is staggering
>>
>>8172654
that's the most retarded "truism" I've ever heard

exceptions literally disprove the rule. It's not a rule if it has exceptions; it's a tendency

>inb4 autist
>>
>>8173098
Australian here, I'm lactose intolerant and so are several of my friends. We still eat dairy though.. Gives small gut aches if it's small portions rarely.

Most tru blu Aussies take the piss if you mention your weakness so we keep it secret
>>
>>8174361

>I heard through the grapevine bacteria is bad.. So that must be why Asians hate milk, lel they're so dumb

Good job sport
>>
>>8174600
Commercial spaghetti is almost always separated with butter after draining

Commercial steaks are commonly served with garlic butter or even seared with it

Commercial hot dogs sometimes have buttered rolls or are served with cheese
>>
File: corgi_doggo.jpg (20KB, 290x181px) Image search: [Google]
corgi_doggo.jpg
20KB, 290x181px
>>8172279
Now you're just being a drama queen
>>
File: yNlQWRM.jpg (912KB, 1813x2111px) Image search: [Google]
yNlQWRM.jpg
912KB, 1813x2111px
>>8172629
>I eat mostly porrage oats
>>
>>8172270
you eat vegetables without butter and cheese? you are really missing out.
>>
>>8175158
poor as a motherfucker.
>>
>>8175148
>sometimes
>sometimes
>sometimes
>sometimes
You're really fucking stretching this.
>>
File: white crayon.jpg (67KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
white crayon.jpg
67KB, 500x332px
>>8172931
kek, mfw I get roasted green chillis each summer by the sack. You don't realize we can eat everything? Why do you think muricka is full of fat fucks?
>>
>>8173105
>Be English
>Complain about Mexican food having cheese
wut? have you even had mexican food before, you're thousands of miles from Mexico, where the fuck did your expectations come from?
>>
>>8175148
>or just you know, tomato sauce
>Not that i've seen unless garlic butter was optional
>this does not exist, period.
>>
>>8172931
>Try mediterranean food such as italian
italy makes WAY more use of cheese than any other european cuisine
>>
>>8173091
>>8174370

Whoa whoa, anons. Let the little guy figure it out for himself. He'll tucker himself out after this little episode and we can all go back to almost talking about cooking.
>>
>>8173098
that percentage is caused by the abbos, the white people in Australia probably have the same percentage as the US
>>
>>8173105
>be faggot
>order food that you've never had authentically prepared before
>take a bite and find cheese
>proceed with faggot response
>return order to let them know you are a faggot
>>
>>8175128
>take the piss
can you explain what this means? I always hear anglo trash say it but don't really quite understand. It's a rather incoherent statement honestly
>>
I don't think I've ever heard anyone describe cheese as a dominate and not subtle taste. Since when does cheese overpower the taste of a meal?
>>
>>8172352
Aaaaaaah!
But even >we also have plenty of dairy-free specialties like bouillabaisse, choucroute, ratatouille, cassoulet, fois gras, escargot, frog legs, bœuf bourguignon, coq au vin, ...
>>
>>8175234
Tex-Mex food is basically worldwide at this point. We have like 10 restaurants in my 300k Swiss town.
>>
>>8175133
>parasites are the same as bacteria
>>
>>8172270
Why does ever dish in chinkland have to come with curry and coco milk?

Seriously, milk is the base of European diet
>>
>>8172279

Maybe go to real restaurants instead of fastfood places you hick fuck
>>
>>8172931

I adore cheese and quark/yoghurt/skyr, not a fan of milk though. But I can stomach it. Just like very spicy food. I can handle everything. Except for too much coriander or runny eggwhite - that shit makes me hurl.
>>
File: 1464626228512.jpg (81KB, 419x480px) Image search: [Google]
1464626228512.jpg
81KB, 419x480px
>>8172274
> Cream, butter and cheese are just delivery systems for fat and salt which appeal to almost everybody.
>just delivery systems for fat and salt
>just delivery system
You really think thats all cheese is?
>>
I think that OP might be referring to European & North American fine dining. Most old world-leaning Michelin-star places I've been to do take full advantage of cream, butter, and cheese in creating super-savory dishes (often leaving me to wonder just how many calories I consumed). All of the root vegetable purees I've had at these restaurants have been slammed with cream, much of the pasta seemingly embedded with parmesan, etc.

I don't disagree with the practice in context but I feel that I would personally be fucked if I were consuming that much cream every day as opposed to the occasional fancy dinner.
>>
>>8177523

>eating the same thing over and over again may lead to issues

Well it's a good job you came along to enlighten us with this knowledge.
>>
>>8177530
Pretty stupid potshot to take IMO, I'm obviously talking about the practice of using lots of cream in Western fine dining and not a particular dish.

Whereas you could probably eat at a Michelin-starred restaurant every day in Japan without the issue.
>>
>>8172292
not very filling.
>>
>>8172270
>Why does ever dish in the western world have to come with copious amounts of cream, butter and cheese?
That's only France, Scandinavia and the USA. American cooking is generally French influenced for a whole variety of historical reasons.
>>
>>8172270
>Why does ever dish in the western world have to come with copious amounts of cream, butter and cheese?
They don't
R U Retard?
>>
>>8172931
>and have to shove it down out throats
Feel free to go back to whatever shithole you came from, friend
>>

Fat people.

>What if you don't like that?

That means you have the option of not being fat, possibly avoiding cushing's syndrome, diabeetus, and other shit honkies get.
>>
>>8172279
Seriously, "with no cheese, please" is one of my most often used phrases. I wish I enjoyed it, it would make life so much easier, but I just don't.
>>
>>8178716
>Honkies

You do realize African American suffers higher rates of diabetes and cardiovascular disease than their white counterparts, right? In fact so do Asian Americans, Native Americans, and Mexican Americans as well.
>>
>>8172270
This is how I feel about tomatoes.
>>
>>8172931
>Caucasians can't handle spices
>literally an entire continent discovered by Caucasians attempting to get spices faster

I understand the milk is upsetting your tummy but there's no need to be this upset.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.