[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/, /k/ here. I've been training and working out to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Hey /ck/, /k/ here.
I've been training and working out to get back in shape again, but I find it hard to motivate myself to eat a good amount of vegetables.
I'm cooking up some steamers and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for spices or something that I could put on mixed vegetables that would make it a little less bland while not having to drench it with bbq sauce or something.
>also if I can store it for SHTF, that'd be cool too.
>>
>>8170656
Learn to love pickled vegetables.
>>
>>8170656
pepper
>>
>>8170657
Sounds like a lot of sodium.
>>8170659
Not a bad idea.
>>
>>8170656
Roasting/Sauteeing > steaming if you need flavor
Just pick one something that compliments the main course somewhat.
grate of fresh pepper
squeeze of fresh lemon
splash of vinegar, rice or tarragon
green onions
shake of olive oil or sesame oil
spoonful of sour cream

Seasoned salts like: Lawrys, Chili-lime Tajin, Tony Cacheres, Krazy Janes, or any kind of Mrs Dash. You can even buy grinders of italian sun dried tomato, garlic and herbs. There's some funky japanese rice seasonings with feature kelp and fish flakes with the sesame and maybe a bit of mrs dash thrown in, veggie bits. You can use dry soup/dip mixes to great result too, a tsp of ranch powder, or garlic-spinach dip with some olive oil, toss and roasted veggies are amazing from the oven. Try just adding a little onion to the pan when you toss around those brussels or green beans, or even in the steamer. Makes a difference to get a little red onion with each bite. Bacon, parm, of course is the decadent topping.
>>
>>8170656
Are fresh vegetables not an option for you?
>>
>>8170656
Learn to cook using fresh vegetables with a lot of flavour.
Onions, tomatos, carrots, bell peppers.

Drop lettuce, green beans and others that are easily replaced and tasteless.

Stir fry or use in soups and stews.
>>
>>8170684
They are, but I'm on a budget and a bag of mixed vegetables is a buck and easy to make.
I don't find them to taste a whole lot different though.
But my palette is not that well refined.
>>8170677
>>8170687
I'll consider these slight changes to my diet.

Thanks.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.