[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soup /ck/, What's the kindest gentlest way to let someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: delifrance_3.jpg (20KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
delifrance_3.jpg
20KB, 500x375px
Soup /ck/,
What's the kindest gentlest way to let someone who thinks they're a great cook know that they suck? As in their fried chicken is still bloody, and their cheesecake is lumpy and burnt (and those are their 'specialties'), but you still enjoy their company and would like to keep it.
If you sucked at cooking how would you want someone to tell you?
>>
tell them they're a fucking shitty ass cook and their food is garbage
what kind of friends can't toss insults at each other get drunk hit each other in the mouth shake hands and cuddle after
fuck you
>>
>>8170451
Huh?
>>
>>8170451
most kinds of friends.
>>
>>8170441

Tell them it's a pile of fucking shit and you'd rather be anally raped than let them anywhere near a kitchen ever again.

Maybe punch them in the face for trying to poison you and for being an incompetent retard too.
>>
>>8170441
Your sentence structuring sucks.

Something like that.
>>
>>8170441
If they're a real friend, you can tell them and they won't take it like a bitch and cry or yell at you. Be gentle, be honest, and be understanding when you tell them their cooking isn't really that great. If they aren't willing to listen, maybe it's time to move on, cause they are clearly delusional.
>>
>>8170441
If it was just not great tasting, I'd let it go. If the chicken was undercooked, I'd say right there, "Hey you drunk ass fuck, this chicken is undercooked. Finish cooking it, dumbass."
>>
>>8170441
chicken thighs are notorious for still being red after cooking because of the myoglobin

unless you like eating overcooked, rubbery chicken I guess.
>>
>>8170441
there's something wrong with your chicken if there's blood in it. You mean myoglobin, or simply "raw" or "dangerously undercooked"
>>
>>8170463

Structure*
>>
>grow up with alcho mother who cant cook
>calling her out makes her angry and violent so we learned not to question her

I remember bloody chicken, sandwiches with moldy bread, and salmon that was 90% oil and raw

She's fine now though, when I got older and she started listening to her sons, we taught her to cook a lot of stuff.
>>
Calmly tell them what is wrong with their food and why, and then offer to cook with them to show them how to correct their mistakes.
>>
that chicken is done, yo
>>
>>8170441
>he doesnt prefer his chicken medium rare like a true patrician.
>>
>>8170441
Put the blame on yourself and kindly say you have a unique palate.if it's under/over cooked then just tell them straight up
>>
>>8170451
Not everyone is blessed enough to be descended from Irish stock.
>>
The same way you passive aggressively criticize anything: ask lots of question about the things you don't like?

>Why's this chicken still bloody? Is this fried chicken supposed to be rare?
>What's with the lumps in this cheesecake? What's with the seering, there?
>No, no, these things are just interesting is all.
>>
>>8170628
Thank you for the lesson, Ms. Numale.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.