[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soup co/ck/s. I picked up 3 pounds of boneless pork belly from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Schweinebauch-2.jpg (3MB, 2820x1878px) Image search: [Google]
Schweinebauch-2.jpg
3MB, 2820x1878px
Soup co/ck/s.

I picked up 3 pounds of boneless pork belly from a butcher shop today. Never made one before. I planned on putting it on my charcoal grill tomorrow and then slicing it for sandwiches.

I was talking to my Moms on the phone and told her about my plan for tomorrow. She advised against it citing that the fat would drip from the belly and start a big grease fire potentially. Is she just old and worrisome?

Could I just wrap it in foil or something or put it on a baking pan? I was really looking forward to grilling this. Would it be better/safer in the oven?

Pork belly grilling tips needed.

Also, there's a layer of skin left on by the butcher. Should I cut this off before cooking?
>>
Indirect heating motherfucker
Have your heat source on one side of the grill, and on the other side put a drip pan and cook the pork belly over it
>>
I seen this method of turning a charcoal grill into a "smoker". The only problem is I don't own a divider. Any ideas on making a makeshift one?
>>
yea shes right, you probably dont want to grill pork belly, at least not when its raw, maybe to finish it
>>
>>8167391
Well I have 2 grates on my grill.

Could I put the charcoal in the bottom, put a great over it. Then put a some foil in the shape of a large barge, to catch the grease. And then put another grate and then the pork belly on top of that?
>>
>>8167401
then thats not grilling, the heat would be indirect similar to an oven
>>
>>8167401
>>8167401
I'm a ruhtard. I could just buy one of those foil pans for Thanksgiving turkeys and put it instead of the makeshift barge.
>>
>>8167417
B-but muh ch-charcoalllllll!
>>
>>8167420
Yeah it would definitely work and meme or not, a charcoal grill even indirect will always taste better than an oven.
Also, post pics of setup when it's ready to go.
>>
Remove the fat. Or something.
Whats wrong with cooking it in the oven dude
>>
>>8167369
It should be cooked indirect, dude, unless you slice it really thin before grilling.
>>
>>8167444
>pork belly
>remove the fat

You're doing it wrong.
>>
>>8167468
So would my double grating idea with a tinfoil pan idea work for this, or should I try to fashion some nigger rig divider for coals and have the left side be direct heat and the right side be indirect? I've watched a few youtube videos on turning your charcoal grill into a smoker, but they all use sheets of metal crafted to fit perfectly in the spherical grill. What could I use laying around the house or I could pick up at a local shop and make?
>>
OP here.

Does Leroy's setup look pretty good? Is it ok for the fat to drip back into the water pan? Could I use beer/juice like he's saying? What about adding woodchips for a "traditional smoke"?
>>
>>8167554
Fuck. Forgot link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww5umi9xv_0
>>
Didn't realize bone in pork belly was actually a thing
>>
Just make a giant slab of bacon with it and cut half inch thick pieces. Bacon steak is the best meat.
>>
>>8167571
I didn't either until I asked the guy if he had any pork belly and he pulled it off the hook in the window and asked if I wanted bone or not..
>>
>>8167389
Put coals on one side and the meat on the other
or make a barrier out of aluminium foil if you need to
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.