[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am trying to find a healthy diet. If I replace meat in my diet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: crispbean.png (69KB, 296x200px) Image search: [Google]
crispbean.png
69KB, 296x200px
I am trying to find a healthy diet.
If I replace meat in my diet with bean burritos, will I be more or less healthy all other things being equal.
>>
>>8167001
It depends
>>
>>8167001
where will you get your iron from?
>>
>healthy

just stop using this word

if you're fat, get less fat

then start lifting weights
>>
>>8167001

Real human bean
>>
>>8167001
Depends on the content of the burrito.

You can still be unhealthy as fuck going vegetarian by eating highly fattening foods like cheese, spreads, refried beans, fried vegetables/foods, etc.

If you replaced the burrito wrap with either high protein flatbread or spinach tortilla, then replaced the ground beef with black beans and veggies with some salsa and avocado, that would be a pretty healthy alternative while still being filling.

You could also replace the beef with fish or diced grilled chicken for protein if you don't want to be fully vegetarian.
>>
>>8167001
Protein isn't unhealthy. All things being equal (like calories) you're better off replacing refined carbohydrates with whole grains, cutting excessive refined simple sugars (avoid HFCS completely), eating more fresh vegetables, and replacing any transfats with other fats.
>>
>>8167243
>Protein isn't unhealthy

I had heard that it was, especially fat.
>>
>>8167405
fuck right off
>>
>>8167405
If meat was bad for us we wouldn't be omnivores. Just don't hock it down unless you're trying to make gains or something like that.

Fish is a good meat, chicken is good if you don't want to eat red meat.
>>
>>8167243
AUTISM ALERT!!!
>>
>>8167405
Protetin is literally keeping your muscles alive.
>>
>>8167474
>suggesting a balanced diet with whole grains, fresh vegetables, healthy fats, and low in added refined sugars is autism wew
>>
>>8167075
from the beans you blind faggot
>>
>>8167405
protein is not fat. They are two different things. Want to eat healthy meats? Chicken, Turkey, lean ground meats, beef.
>>
>>8167001
If the beans are made with lard you might as well eat meat. Besides, fat is only an issue if you sit on your ass all day. Sugar is what you need to cut.
>>
>>8167609
protein is literally your muscles
>>
File: todd_barry.jpg (155KB, 246x312px) Image search: [Google]
todd_barry.jpg
155KB, 246x312px
>>8168390
>>8167609
Good lord people, eating fat does not make you fat and eating protein does not make you muscley .
Is there any fat or protein in grass?
No, yet cows eat it all day and are pure fat and muscle.
>>
>>8167001
Come on!
Seriously?
Use the fucking internet, figure out how many calories and nutrients you need per day then look up different kinds of food and add it all up. Seriously it's the fucking easiest thing in the world.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (7KB, 187x269px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
7KB, 187x269px
>>8169176
>Seriously it's the fucking easiest thing in the world.
Sometimes the easy way does not work.
You should read Penns new book.
>>
File: DV1000.jpg (148KB, 750x561px) Image search: [Google]
DV1000.jpg
148KB, 750x561px
>>8167609
You could eat nothing but beans, vegetables and potatoes and become a huge bodybuilder
>>
>/ck/ talking about macronutrients
Lmao, read the /fit/ sticky
>>
>be overweight and never had a diet in my life
>see everyone debating what makes a healthy diet
>not sure what to think
I feel like it should be pretty simple. Don't eat shit you know is shit, eat your vegetables, and get exercise. I'm a fat ass and know it's that simple.

>if it's so simple why don't you loose weight
crippling depressions and high anxiety combined with a sedative personality ;_; Sometimes I don't know how to get out of bed in the morning.
>>
>>8169899
You know the pharma/medico boys are salivating to get their hands on you. They claim they can "help" you.
>>
>>8169887
>read the /fit/ sticky
Yeah because all their bullshit broscience is sooo useful
>>
>>8167001

That looks fucking disgusting
>>
Eat lean beef and lamb, fish, and poultry. You don't need beans.
>>
>>8167001
If you're replacing grilled chicken breast, no.

If you're replacing pork sausage, maybe.

Bean burritos are usually full of cheese and porkfat anyway, they aren't exactly lean.
>>
There's little you can do to make a burrito healthy unless you do all sorts of culinary gymnastics to make zucchini shells. Tortilla will always negate any healthy stuff you put inside.
>>
>>8170338
Yeah OP posted what looks like a frozen taquito I doubt he's willing to put forth the least bit of effort.

Chickpea tortillas are good though.
>>
>>8167405
Are you really this retarded?
>>
>>8170310
>too lazy to eat healthy and exercise
>banks on a meme that won't come true this century

stay fat
>>
>>8170310
Futurists never explain who's going to pay for all this shit or what happens to the other two thirds of the world without access to the Internet
>>
>>8170494
>what happens to the other two thirds of the world without access to the Internet
We finally get to leave them behind.
>>
>>8170310
The sticky is the only part of /fit/ that has actual advice
>>
>>8170574
That sticky is literally still advocating high protein.
It's shit.
>>
>>8169877
Good luck doing that without the beans. Also to become a huge bodybuilder you would need to cycle roids for a while, no matter what you eat.
Unless you think "natty bodybuilders" are huge lmao.
>>
>>8167001
What? No.

What do you define as "healthy"? Are you trying to stick to a calorie limit? If you are aiming to stop being fat, that is the most important part.
>>
File: 0VMrZxS.png (753KB, 504x634px) Image search: [Google]
0VMrZxS.png
753KB, 504x634px
>>8167001
log your calories with an app and go on a 600 calorie deficit

t. went from 120 lbs to 105
>>
>>8170886
What's the problem with a high protein diet? Unless you're the kind of guy that thinks high protein means only protein.
>>
>>8170886
Good luck making gains without a high protein diet retard
>>
File: 1458063948231.png (398KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1458063948231.png
398KB, 600x900px
>>8167405
(you)
>>
>>8170886
No shit because it's /fit/ and they need a protein rich diet to support thier gains.
>>
>>8171053
All that extra protien is doing is increasing your risk of colon cancer.
Protein does not increase gains.
This is a myth that has lived on since the 40s.
It's broscience
>>
>>8171877
it's straight up in the sticky that he's wrong and he's just bullshitting because he only spent five minutes on /fit/
>>
>>8171053
How do you think vegan bodybuilding works?
>>
>>8167405
Protein is unhealthy, but only animal protein.
It kills your kidneys, causes inflammation and therefore osteporosis, neurdegeneration and animal prooducts normally contain large amounts of cancer-promoting substances like IGF-1.
>>8168327
Wrong,retard. Kill yourself, read some studies and stop being delusional.
Eating poultry you are about 4x as likely to suffer from CANCER than someone on a whole plant food based diet.
>>
>>8174522
Never seen this much bait in one post before.
>>
>>8173148
High in protein is other things that aren't meat such as beans? Why are you such a retard
>>
>>8167001
meat is not unhealthy you retarded fucking fuck.
>>
>>8174725
Beans have no where near as much protein as meat.
Not even close.
>>
>>8174837
Yeah I know, I thought the guy I was replying to was implying that vegan bodybuilders take in no protein.
>>
>>8174522
>read some studies
Argument discarded unless you can name them.
>>
>>8173148
shitloads of protein powder
>>
>>8174874
Nope, they just increase their calorie intake.
That's all it takes.
Carbs build muscle just fine.
>>
>>8174522
Dont mention shit like IGF-1 if you have no fucking clue what youre talking about. IGF-1 is a vital growth factor.Its the IF-1 gene expression pathway that can be disrupted and cause cancer. Do you know how many other pathways you activate daily such as MAPK that are even more easily altered to cause cancer? I have a phd in molecular biology and you're a shit lord.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.