[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

I'm thawing out some frozen tilapia fillets. I know there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

I'm thawing out some frozen tilapia fillets.

I know there are many haters, but these were $0.99 a pound. Pictured is a pound and a half, so this meal cost me $1.50.

Ideas or tips? I was planning to do the ordinary flour, egg wash, bread crumbs coating, then shallow fry in canola oil. Unless you can give me a better idea?
>>
>>8166611
>1.5 pounds of fish for one meal
>literally just fish and nothing else
brother how big are you
>>
fish tacos
>>
bit of lemon, butter, and garlic on them. salt and pepper to taste and then bake on oiled sheet.

Maybe a pinch of paprika if that suits your fancy
>>
>>8166617
I will have leftovers. But yeah, I plan to eat until I'm full. I'm 6'1" and ~200 pounds if you must know, are you planning on gifting me some clothing?
>>8166620
Yes, this. Corn tortillas, a bit of sauce, cheese, and whatever else I can find. But they will be mostly fish.
Point is, I've done this before, and while good, I'm open to ideas. tl;dr - 24 ounces of tilapia, what do?
>>
>>8166611
The shitty thing about that fish is that is shrinks like a motherfucker. You think you got a good deal now.... haha.... wait till you see how much meat is left when you go to pull it out the oven.
>>
>>8166657
Once its thawed, I plan on trimming off the paper thin edges. There's not much mass there, and it will surely overcook being so thin. These will look a little bit smaller before I cook them.
For $1/pound I cant really complain. I have to pay more than that for vegetables.
Also, this is thawing at room temperature exactly as pictured. Is that okay? I don't really want to put in water, and the fridge will take too long.
>>
>>8166684
"I lack the forethought and motivation required to do things the proper way, so is it ok if I'm lazy fuck?"

yea sure man go for it
>>
>>8166698
>oh man you really should have thawed that cheap frozen fish properly it would have been divine

Piss off he'll be fine
>>
>>8166611
The only way I enjoy tilapia is a light rush of olive oil and heavy blackened seasoning. Let it sit for 10 minutes, shake excess off and grill on foreman.

Any other method has very little flavor or is so unhealthy it defeats the purpose.
>>
>>8166611
I got prime Red Salmon. anyone know a good recipe?
>>
>>8166684
You can grill frozen tilapia on a foreman grill. Takes about 1.5 minutes longer and doesn't harm the taste/texture of fucking tilapia anyway.
>>
>>8166698
The thin parts are already fully thawed, but its solid as a rock where its thick.
The metal pan is acting like a heat sink, and even the thawed parts remain cold to the touch because the metal is in contact with the still icy parts. I'm not too worried about food safety because room temp here is not much more than 60 degrees F. I could pop the whole tray in the fridge if I'm endangering my life?
Should I be salting or marinating these? if so, is now the time?
Lets talk about fish.
>>
>>8166729
can you help me with this?
>>8166724
thank you
>>
>>8166752
Preheat your foreman for about 5 minutes closed.
Brush tilapia with about a tablespoon of olive oil (most will run off while grilling).
Sprinkle with blackened seasoning, I use zatarains.
Let fish sit with both sides seasoned at room temp for 10 minutes. I think this helps, but it may not.
Place filets on George foreman and close lid. After 5 minutes open grill and flip filets. Let them cook for 2 more minutes.
Remove using spatula so they don't break apart.
Serve with brown rice and steamed broccoli.

This is my go to when chicken, sweet potatoes and asparagus gets old.

It's very simple and cheap to eat healthy when you can buy 12 ounces of frozen steam ready broccoli for $1, chicken breasts for $1.99 and sweet potatoes for about $.75 a piece.

These will hit the average males macros and keep you full without piling on calories or cost.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7w3pkzc4EE

This is reviewbrah's actual older brother I think
>>
>>
>>8166946
They are thawed. Time to fry?
Salt, pepper?
I'm new to cooking, any advice?
>>
>>8166950
Bitch you've got advice already. Cook your fucking shit fish and get it over with.
>>
File: IMG_20161008_165235 - Copy.jpg (1MB, 1544x2080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161008_165235 - Copy.jpg
1MB, 1544x2080px
Cut up and seasoned!

Thick pieces, thin ones, and shit scraps
>>
>>8167241
10/10. You've been trolling us this whole time. Good job.
>>
File: IMG_20161008_194220 - Copy.jpg (1MB, 1544x2080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161008_194220 - Copy.jpg
1MB, 1544x2080px
>>8167354
YES, I'm trolling you. Good job, fact checker.
>>
>Eating Trashcan fish
>>
>>8166617
Weak. That's less than 900 calories. I'm cutting @ 2400. With 2 meals a day it isn't uncommon for my larger meal to include 1lb of protein.
>>
Just fry them
>>
>>8167847
they are going into hot oil right now
>>
Fish cakes
>>
>>8167796
Ants
>>
So good!
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.