[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the Americans of /ck/ so obsessed with the so-called

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1331415420216.jpg (56KB, 605x452px) Image search: [Google]
1331415420216.jpg
56KB, 605x452px
Why are the Americans of /ck/ so obsessed with the so-called flyover states?

East-sders are sad uninventive yuppies or hippies while west-siders are the chavs of the states or monkeys

Any acceptable food on either coast is foreign anyway

So what's up with the hate for flyover states?

Please explain to an ignorant non-american anon

P.S. if you find the need to defend your weight, please use the civilized metric system when possible
>>
it's so weird when yuropoors talk about us
>>
>>8166514
that wasn't my intention anon

I only wish to understand
>>
>>8166560
Leave us alone, go obsess over south america or some shit.
>>
It's pretty nice out today, dude. It's Saturday too. Just stop and go buy a book instead or something. I mean come on
>>
>>8166439
>East-sders are sad uninventive yuppies or hippies while west-siders are the chavs of the states or monkeys
Actually being on a coast doesn't even qualify you. People who use this term pretty much consider everything other than California and NYC to be "flyover states".
>>
>>8166593
Also you will find that these people living in Southern California, NYC, Seattle etc. are in a constant state of agitation due to the complete absence of social cohesion and shared purpose in these places, so they cling to their foreign restaurants as a source of pride.
>>
>>8166600
yea this. something about new york people outside of new york want to tell you they're from there unprompted. same with california. it happens alot in my "flyover state" bars. so you're from one of the most populated parts of the earth? it's like going abroad and talking about america. There's 340 million of us, we get around. As for why americans care, this board has a lot of american hate in general so coasters have to cling to the fact that "at least i'm not in a flyover state" to cope where in reality the fact the other countries know our cuisine and media so well should be a compliment.
>>
I've been across the US several times, and seen a good chunk of its major cities. There are simply some parts of the country where it's almost impossible to find something to eat that isn't a chain restaurant or some kind of 20th Century foodgore. You learn to really appreciate places that are oases for good food like Chicago, New Orleans, Austin and Seattle. Because you will find yourself in places like Lincoln, NE or Scottsdale AZ where you can't find anything worth eating - places where there is no food culture. Unfortunately there are a lot of those places in the US - by area they make up the vast majority of the country.
>>
>>8166514

they hate us cause they anus
>>
>>8166672
I get what you mean, but I think it's kinda silly to assume that just because some fancy hip restaurants didn't open a place in a city that means that nobody in that city can appreciate food

I think it could even be the opposite

To my knowledge NYC is filled to the brim with wage slaves that work 6 days a week. When the hell would they have time to cook?

And no, I don't really give to shits for people who think they understand food when they can't cook jack shit themselves

I'd wager people with a bit more time and curiosity will make much better cooks them yuppies

t. Slightly butthurt yuropoor

Sorry for getting emotional but I got reminded by a wageslaving status chasing nyc ex lady
>>
>>8166672
I live in the midwest and most places I have been with 75000+ population have good restaurants... the only difference is in the midwest you won't get good fish most of the time, and niche ethnic cuisine is often unavailable.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.