[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>friend invites me over for dinner and beer night >says

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: 1469134496976.jpg (19KB, 288x415px) Image search: [Google]
1469134496976.jpg
19KB, 288x415px
>friend invites me over for dinner and beer night
>says he's making tortillas
>get there and he's already cooking
>literally just frying ground beef with premade taco seasoning packets
>La Tortilla Factory tortillas, tub of sour cream and jar of "taco sauce"
>mfw

If I invite someone over for dinner, I am going to be COOKING. How hard is it to mix some flour, salt, and water, olive oil, and fry up some tortillas? How hard is it to mix some cumin, onions, garlic, paprika, and red pepper into your beef? What he pulled is equivalent to inviting someone over for dinner and serving them a TV dinner or a tombstone pizza.

Has anyone else had experience with this kind of situation? What do you do to politely tell them off?
>>
Don't say anything and then make up excuses next time you're invited.

You were invited into someone's home who considers you a friend. Don't be a dick.
>>
Is that all there is to tortillas? I should make some.
>>
>>8166209

How hard is it to realize that good tortillas are made with corn and lard, not fucking flour. And olive oil? WTF? Do you often confuse the Americas with the Mediterranean?
>>
File: nM7kqctr.jpg (188KB, 1439x1374px) Image search: [Google]
nM7kqctr.jpg
188KB, 1439x1374px
>friends says he'll get us some home made potato salad from the leftovers in fridge
>get hype
>it turns out to be some kind of abomination of salted boiled potatoes stirred into margarine
>>
lol who the fuck makes their own tortillas you fucking autist

kys
>>
>>8166285

People who aren't lazy. Why pay more money for a worse product at the store when they're super easy to make yourself?
>>
>>8166289

Most people don't know shit about cooking these days. They know vidya games and texting. Therefore they assume that many things are super complicated to make when that may not be true. It's ignorance really.
>>
>>8166209
Look at a mirror if you want to tell someone off, fucknut. He invites you for a meal and is doing his best to cook one you selfish bastard. Why don't you reciprocate, only show him how to make everything from scratch instead of bitching him out when he is kind to you, you simpering manchild. Or are you just practicing your feminine side.
>>
File: 1455379508190.gif (514KB, 221x231px) Image search: [Google]
1455379508190.gif
514KB, 221x231px
>>8166209
Maybe he just doesn't know how to cook and doesn't want to fuck up. Maybe he just wanted a fun night.

You're a whiny bitch. You'd be the kind of fuckwit to expect michelin-star restaurant food outside of an actual michelin-star restaurant.
>>
>>8166285
Me. Both corn and flour. And they're better than store bought, you asshat fucknut.
>>
>>8166285
My family always did, and so does my gf.

t. A Mexican-American
>>
>>8166209
Badly regurgitated old copy pasta. - 9000/10 for effort
>>
>>8166209
>Used to date this Hispanic qt
>Invites me over for dinner
>Says she'll cook
>Get there, no food on table, nothing prepped
>Knock on the door
>Pizza's here
>Wat?
>This is how I cook Anon

Good thing she had a nice ass.
>>
>>8166395
I hate this stupid America is a continent pedantic troll, wall when?
>>
>>8166266
Fpbp
>>
>>8166209
wow you're such an ungrateful cunt at least u have a friend to invite u over and give u food and beer. dumb motherfucker. hope u get diarrhea in front of a lot of people
>>
>>8166395
>t. A Mexican-American
Sound like a foreign sympathizer to me. We'll be watching you for any treason, so don't even think about it.
>>
File: tacos.jpg (80KB, 960x511px) Image search: [Google]
tacos.jpg
80KB, 960x511px
>>8166417
>>>/pol/
please return to your containment board
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 275x183px
Fuck Olive oil in tortillas. Use lard for flour tortillas or just make corn tortillas.
>>
>inviting a platonic same sex friend over to eat a home cooked dinner

do closet fags actually do this?
>>
File: 1475938378510.png (216KB, 1146x892px) Image search: [Google]
1475938378510.png
216KB, 1146x892px
>>8167605
>>
>>8167667
so new poster #18, what exactly is /ck/ containing? go' za'?
>>
>>8167677
Your virginity, safely protected in this hallowed image board.
>>
>>8167641
nothin wrong with having dinner with a friend. yr on a friggin cooking board for god sakes
>>
Inb4 Irish stew guy
>>
>>8166209
Buy a shit ton of pork patty banquet tv dinners. Nobody will notice it's not your cooking.
>>
>>8166278
corn tortilla does not have lard, only flour tortilla has it.
>>
>>8167641
>being so insecure that you have to worry about everything you do in case it looks gay in your own opinion
i pity you
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.