[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coffee thread. Just had a cup of supermarket beans after 3 months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Sawada-Coffee-10DEC2015-003 (1).jpg (819KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Sawada-Coffee-10DEC2015-003 (1).jpg
819KB, 1600x1067px
Coffee thread.
Just had a cup of supermarket beans after 3 months of nothing but locally roasted stuff and fuck me it just does not taste remotely as good. There goes my dollars.
>>
>>8166020
Expensive coffee beans - much like expensive wine - is a complete sham. Numerous studies have shown, that even self-proclaimed "experts" can't tell the difference between the supposedly high end stuff and the stuff you buy at the supermarket.
>>
>>8166024
Didn't they even do a blind taste test that put McDonald's coffee very highly ranked?
>>
>>8166024
It's honestly about a dollar more a bag, and thats due to simple economy of scale. Don't care about the high end part of things, just freshness.
Supermarket coffee was roasted months ago, local stuff maybe a week.
>>
>>8166025
Yeah McDonalds coffee is pretty good desu
>>
>>8166024
Are these "experts" from SCAA/SCAE or COE or have they undergone Cupping sessions. Cause you if can't tell a difference between a dark roasted coffee bean a light roasted bean coming from the same farm, that's no expert. Black roast will ALWAYS taste like charcoal. You will NEVER taste charcoal/burnt flavor on a lighter roast. I'm not even an expert and I can distinguish a dark roasted bean the moment I drink it.
>>
>>8166045
I think he was more referring to expensive vs cheap. The difference between light and dark roast is like night and day.
>>
>>8166020
Other than the dirty ring of crema, that's actually a nice pour pattern. Hanging-wave heart + stacked tulip
>>
>>8166032
Probably the worst fast food coffee out there, and that's saying something.

Also, it's just coffee. Your locally roasted organic cruelty free sharecropper bullshit is marketing and undeserved pretension.
>>
>>8166020
Agreed. Age of bean is essential for decent espresso. Suggesting there is no difference between a shot pulled on a 1 week old fresh roast and 3 month old supermarket shit is the same as suggesting people *actually* can't tell the difference between fresh bread baked today and 2 week old wonderbread. You would have to be literally retarded and have zero standards as far as taste quality goes to make that assertion
>>
>>8166140
You've never had a decent cup of coffee in your life. Otherwise you wouldn't be spouting such uninformed bullshit. Come back after you get a fucking ounce of class and culture you mong
>>
>>8166162
This. People forget that coffee beans are organic and goes bad over time.
>>
>>8166168
What causes these kind of people to rise to pretension about this mundane drink and shitty drug?

Good steak and seafood? Yeah sure. Beer, wine and liquor? You got a point. Fucking bean juice? Go back to Seattle you self-aggrandizing faggot. At least tea enthusiasts are more comfy in their approach, unlike you militant dipshits.
>>
>>8166181
>tea drinker

Spotted the nu-male beta cuck. LOL
>>
>>8166202
I drink liquor, sir. What are you, six?

Although drip pot and rum chata is pretty nice.
>>
File: SCAA_FlavorWheel.01.18.15.jpg (3MB, 2000x2828px) Image search: [Google]
SCAA_FlavorWheel.01.18.15.jpg
3MB, 2000x2828px
>>8166181

> still think coffee is a bitter drink
> coffee is synonymous to 3in1 sachet and commodity coffee shops
> tfw never tried specialty coffee
> tfw don't know the tedious process of farm to cup to make sure your COE bean is worthy of 90.
> tfw too ignorant to and stubborn to expand his idea of how coffee has greatly progressed ever since the 70s

Stay comfy in your ignorance, anon.
>>
>>8166202
He's right. The numale menchildren are the fanatical beanfags who wax poetic over their sugar milk bean concoctions.
>>
What is your system for rating beans? My basis is to rank it in three categories
>Body : How bitter it is, as well as how it maintains it's flavor when the coffee is clarified.
>Kick : What kind of aftertaste it has. Colombian has a strong aftertaste if freshly ground. This is the first quality that goes stale. 3 days and the kick is gone.
>Acidity : Pretty much what it says. Although IMO this more affected by the method of brewing and the roast level than the origin of the bean.
>>8166237
Only way you are getting a nutty flavor out of coffee is by adding nuts or clarifying it with nut related products. And Black Tea tates more like Jungle.
>>
>>8166219
I'm no fucking lush like you, but saying stale supermarket coffee is just as good as fresh local roasted is like saying wine coolers is just as palatable as aged rye. if you drink to enjoy liqour then you buy the fucking good stuff. if your just looking to get tanked on the other hand you may as well be drinking gasoline
>>
>>8166536
Calibrating the three:
Acidity (sourness - citrus/berries...)
Sweetness (uh, Sweetness. I tasted sugar cane tones in La Primaveral, Colombia)
Body (bitterness - dark chocolate...)

I don't know, dude. I have nutty tones on a Brazil ant Mt. Apo beans.
>>
>>8166536
you're retarded. what the fuck do you think beans are? what are nuts? hello, mcfly??
>>
>>8166536
Also, anon, did you know, Coffee trees has the tendency to take the flavor profile of whatever is planted near them. So, if you have a pineapple plantation near your coffee trees, there's a huge possibility that your coffee with have some pineapple-y notes. So it's not impossible to have nutty tones on your beans.

There was a batch of beans we cupped. It was planted near a tobacco plantation. Guess what? The taste is in my brew!

There's a reason why they have to release a new flavor wheel.
>>
i really hate straight espresso, it always tastes disgustingly bitter and slightly burnt
am i just getting shitty espresso?
>>
>>8166609
> Bitter
Could be the barista's calibration. Over extraction will produce a more bitter espresso.

>Burnt
Dark roasted beans.

Shitty.
>>
Just drank a cup of very good coffee.
I whish I could drink two more
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.