[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got about a dozen wings thawing but I have zero experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
I've got about a dozen wings thawing but I have zero experience cooking them. I'm looking for some general tips, cooking methods, etc. I want to avoid making some shit like hot wings though. Also I've got a decent variety of herbs and spices to work with along with other kitchen basics like garlic and whatnot.
>>
I'm not a top tier certified chef with various golden /ck/ plaques on my walls, but I use a simple method when I make fries wings and I think it's good.

I put the wings on a plate and douse with seasoned salt and pepper. Be careful not to over salt. I'll maybe even add a little paprika. I tumble the wings all around afterwards to make sure all of them are evenly seasoned. I crack an egg or two into a plastic bag. I put the wings in the bag and tumble and fumble them all around to make sure all of the wings are covered with egg. I then grab another bag, put flour in it, and put the soaked wings in the flour and tumble and fumble them all around. Afterwards I put the wings inside the skillet of hot grease and let em fry till golden brown. Then come out pretty good. I know other people use more spices and different other methods of prepping.
>>
>>8166053
>when I make fried wings*

darn keyboard
>>
>>8165979
Do a quick braise with pan sauce. Disjoint wings, salt and pepper. Cook in butter and olive oil for 10 minutes turning occasionally. Remove. Saute onion for 5 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and some chicken stock and white wine if you have it. Return wings to pan and cook covered for 10 minutes. Remove wings and reduce sauce. Add butter and parsley at end. Pour over wings.
>>
>>8166053
>>8166053
All of this, but sometimes I'll put them back in the egg and then flour again if I want that >crisp.

Also, once you get done coating them, you should place them on a baking pan and let them cool in the fridge for a half hour. This is a tip I recently learned and it helps a lot with the coating/batter. Then, instead of frying in a skillet. I would deep fry. Either use a deep fryer, or take a big pot and fill it 2/3rds oil, get it hot, and fry them.

Or, I've also recently been grilling wings. I'll marinade in a jerk marinade during the day and throw them on my charcoal grill.

Either method is good. Option #2 is probably healthier, but whatevs, fuck life. YOLO 420 faggits. You gotta die somehow. Eat what tastes gud.
>>
Appreciate the tips. Gonna fry some up for today and try my hand at braising the rest for lunch on monday.
>>
Remove the drummette from the paddle
>>
File: chickensushi.png (526KB, 697x922px) Image search: [Google]
chickensushi.png
526KB, 697x922px
make chicken sushi
>>
>>8165979

Take the tips off the wings, separate the drummettes from the rest. Wings need to be deep fried, at least initially. Dredge in "Wondra" super-fine flour and deep fry for at least a few minutes, gives you that crackling quality to the skin. You can finish them in the oven. That's about all there is to it. But you can't skip the deep frying part.
>>
>>8165979
Make lollipops
>>
confit rare, toss in secret sauce, finish on grill
>>
>>8165979
just watch the first minute of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku5p1CcGn70

do that to your wings, season, and then cook them with a dry heat method to a safe temperature. Save the wing tips for making chicken stock.
>>
>>8165979
1. Chop off the pointy end
2. Separate the 'drum' from the 'whatever that part is in the middle'
3. Season with whatever dry seasonings you like (onion and garlic powder, herbs, spices, s&p of course) and coat with a smidge of olive oil
4. Put some non-stick foil on a sheet pan and throw them on the pan in a single layer
5. Throw in a pre-heated oven at 425F for 30-45 minutes. You're really not going to over cook them so long as the seasonings don't burn.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.