[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/ first time poster. I've recently gone vegan, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Puttanesca-pasta.jpg (82KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Puttanesca-pasta.jpg
82KB, 600x338px
Hey /ck/ first time poster. I've recently gone vegan, and due to the lack of options outside I'm trying to cook at home but I've been keeping it pretty basic and bland. Do you guys have any guides, tips or even infographics you could share.
Thanks.
>>
>>8165365
It's a meme to shit on vegans here, you won't get any real help.
Idk why you even came here anyway, just google vegan recipes and vegan cooking guides, there's great info out there.
>>
>>8165399
I just thought there must be at least a few vegans in here that would want to help me out.
>>
>>8165434
They're too busy smelling their own farts.
>>
>>8165365
Almost every vegetarian dish I eat contains cheese or eggs.

The exception is curry. I recommend you familiarise yourself with Indian veggie food because it's good shit. Lentil dahls, aubergine curry, vegetable biryani etc
>>
File: 1448520379413.png (145KB, 372x402px) Image search: [Google]
1448520379413.png
145KB, 372x402px
Vegan for about 6 years.
Recent cookbooks I can recommend to you:
The Seitanic Spellbook
The Make Ahead Vegan Cookbook
Isa Does It

Just start going through and cooking one or two recipes a day. See what you like.
Don't buy vegan mayo, shit is whack (at least the ones I have tried) and if you want meat substitutes, Quorn isn't too bad in my opinion. Quorn Crumbles (basically ground beef sub) suck dick on their own, you gotta fry those bad boys and shove them in a taco or some shit to really get the tasties going. Bake and eat some squash, shit is delicious.
Take some Cholula chili garlic hot sauce, marinade some motha' fuckin tofu' in that shit, then BAM! fry that shit up and slap it on bread with some guac.
And get you some recipes for Indian food my nigga, get that tongue ready for curry bliss.
And don't complain all the fucking time about preparing food and shit. This shit ain't hard to do as long as you know "I will have to actually get off of my fat ass and be in the kitchen."
And even if you don't want to make food, nigga get your ass to Taco Bell and bean burrito it up my dude. You can put beans or rice in ANYTHING and take out that cheese and sour.
And if you're going to a family gathering, take your own goddamn food like an adult and eat that shit with your family. No one will give a shit. They'll give as shit if you make a big deal about cooking shit separately. Ain't nobody got time for that during Thanksgiving. This is the life you chose, take your own goddamn food, it isn't going to fucking kill you.
>>
>>8165365
I don't get the challenge here. Go out and buy ingredients that meet your dietary needs and then cook them every way that you can think of. I'm not vegan but I am poor. What this means is that I buy the same old cheap shit but always find ways to improvise and come up with something good to eat. You too can just wing it every night with your vegan stuff.
>>
>>8165365
>2016
>Being vegan
>Depriving yourself of everything that is tasty to follow a faggot nu-male fad
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>8165506
Thanks for the cookbooks man, I'll check em out. Plus no Taco Bell where I am, not much of anything remotely vegan desu
>>8165581
Not really doing it because its a fad, I just see no moral justification for eating meat.
>>
Use spices, and take vitamin B12 supplements.
>>
>>8165632
>I just see no moral justification for eating meat.

Okay... What? Plants are alive you know. And if done properly an animal should feel little to no pain when it dies. Toss in the fact that all the animals humans eat are to dumb to be sapient and I really don't see what the problem is!
>>
>>8165665
Well the distinction between plants and animals is an easy one to make. Plants don't have sentience nor have the ability to feel pain. Plus I don't see how you rate somethings right to live based on their intelligence.
>>
>>8165700
They do tho. They also scream in a level that warns other plants. Cut grass. That smell you get is the grass warning the rest of the grass of its holocaust. Plants can and do feel pain. And a lot of the time is still alive when you eat it, so on that level you're worse for eating just plants.
But I guess if you can't hear it scream it's ok
>>
>>8165708
ok
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.