[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ck/, I am looking for your best General Tso's Sauce recipe.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: general-tsau-chicken-15.jpg (252KB, 575x575px) Image search: [Google]
general-tsau-chicken-15.jpg
252KB, 575x575px
/ck/, I am looking for your best General Tso's Sauce recipe.

My girlfriend and I are painfully addicted, and we want to be able to doctor ours up. Anyone have a favorite recipe?
>>
Here's mine. More of an "orange chicken" sauce but it's really good.
>2 Tbs sugar
>1 Tbs soy sauce
>1 Tbs sambal chili paste
>3 Tbs vinegar
>2 Tbs Chinese cooking wine
>1 Tsp corn starch
>Juice from 1 orange
>>
1/2cup chicken stock
1tbsp sugar
3tbsp soy
2tbsp rice vinegar
1tbsp dry sherry
1tbsp hoisin sauce
2tsp black vinegar
1tsp sesame oil

fry some garlic and 4 dried chilli peppers for a bit before pouring in the sauce

also, ~1tbsp cornstarch and water for the slurry
>>
worked in a Chinese restaurant for a while when younger.

You would be shocked how much sugar is in some dishes.

Mongolian beef
general Tso's
sweet & sour
orange chicken
lemon chicken

all of these had literally a half cup of sugar per entree.
>>
>>8159116
How about kum pao and general woks?
>>
>>8159116

Not all chinese places uses the same recipe, you fat fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9kwmXwLTNo
>use more or less sugar if you please
>>
>>8159668
>He's a fat fuck because the restaurants recipe used sugar
>>
>>8159195
The KUNG pao recipe I use doesn't use much sugar, and it's way better than any take out you will ever get from anywhere ever period. Use chicken breasts or chicken breast cutlets.

This is more or less how you do it but you reduce the sugar amount by 50% and use brown sugar, also use birds eye chilies.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/07/takeout-style-kung-pao-chicken-diced-chicken-peppers-peanuts-recipe.html

so you're looking at like 1/2 TBSP of brown sugar which isn't much for an entire dish that will have leftovers.
>>
>>8159696
forgot to mention that you never use green peppers, always red, skip the green peppers, they add a shit flavor to kung pao.
>>
File: 6.png (1MB, 821x658px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
1MB, 821x658px
>>8159699
>>
>>8158028
Never use anything labeled "cooking wine" pls
>>
>>8159680
>He eats out enough that it can significantly impact his weight regardless of how sugar laden the portions were

sad
>>
https://youtu.be/hAt5RWhSAic
>>
why would you eat general Tso's when you can have the far superior kung pao? Tso's is absolute garbage rat feed.
>>
>>8158017

>You would be shocked how much sugar is in some dishes.
>sweet & sour
>>
>>8159116
>>8159926
Tried to be a dick and I fucked it up
>>
File: 1110SB-2T[1].jpg (67KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1110SB-2T[1].jpg
67KB, 300x400px
>>8158376
You forgot the sambal, but otherwise good recipe.
>>
>>8160786
Yeah. Just put Siracha in it.
>>
>>8158017
There decent recipes all over the Web and most are pretty similar. A few tips to help you get the best results:

Boneless skinless thighs. Not breast meat.

Light AND dark soy sauce

A little sesame oil

Xiaoshing wine

MSG

Way more scallions than you think you need (cook the white part, garnish with the green)

If the proper chiles are unavailable chiles de arbol or chiles de japones work fine.

A fuckton of fresh minced garlic and ginger

Palm sugar. It has a vastly more complex flavor than cane sugar.
>>
>>8158017

just wanted to say thanks to all you anons for your general tso's tips. looking forward to checkin out the ideas in this thread and seein what i can do with em.
>>
>>8159782
faggot do you even shao tsing?
>>
>>8160811
sriracha =! sambal
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.