[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robot Pizza maker now delivers? They have a delivery truck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

File: zume.jpg (145KB, 849x575px) Image search: [Google]
zume.jpg
145KB, 849x575px
Robot Pizza maker now delivers?

They have a delivery truck equipped with 56 specially designed ovens to guarantee that their pies arrive at customers' doorsteps fresh , but do you still TIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKlvVTgOCEA
>>
>>8156380
Delivery companies fucked up by charging delivery fees. They have guaranteed that tipping will eventually be phased out
>>
>>8156380

What's the fucking point? All they essentially have is a robot that dispenses sauce and another one just puts it in the oven, humans still do everything from making dough and adding toppings, not to mention that they only sell one size of pizza. It's a retarded silicon valley start up that will eventually flop and is probably just staying afloat because of dumb investors who are amazed by automated sauce dispensing.
>>
File: Job-Stealing-Robots.jpg (116KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
Job-Stealing-Robots.jpg
116KB, 1191x670px
It's about disrupting a US$38 billion market that is dominated by.The Big four in the US,Domino's, Little Caesars, Papa John's and Pizza Hut, control around 40 % of the market.The surge in mobile ordering and demand for food delivery. Digital ordering is growing 300 percent faster than dine-in traffic. At Domino's, more than 50 percent of its US customers order via digital platforms.
>>
>>8156400
The robot itself is useless and only exist for hype, the real innovation is the shit tons of ovens in the van and scheduling algorithm that can time out the cooking of the pizzas to right before you get there.

No idea if it'll be successful but thats actually a decent idea
>>
>>8156436
Exactly this

This video (ie commerical) wouldn't exist if it wasn't for muh robot
>>
>>8156400
They build sixaxis robots to weld cars and other assembly line automation and CNC milling. You really think they can't figure out how to add toppings, make dough, and slice it?
>>
>>8156466

Then why aren't they doing it?
>>
>>8156555
Because a human is cheaper than the robot. Handling food is also a more difficult problem since all of that welding and shaping is done with down to the millimeter perfectly sized objects. Food items are irregular and even small fluctuations in flour, temp, and kneading can cause something like dough to tear instead of stretch for instance.
>>
>>8156555
Because robots are expensive and hoodrats are cheap.

That and there's zero need for the precision a robot would bring to the table ergo theres no force to put a robot in a pizza place to overcome the cost barrier.
>>
File: Pizza is next Meatbags.gif (1MB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
Pizza is next Meatbags.gif
1MB, 500x343px
>>8156555
>>
I ain't paying 15-19 bucks for that shitty little pizza
>>
>>8156570
>>
>>8156570
Yes, but can it fold my shirts and ball up my socks how I like them?
>>
File: VaxIFs6.gif (3MB, 371x365px) Image search: [Google]
VaxIFs6.gif
3MB, 371x365px
>>8156847
>>
File: BUTTler.gif (1MB, 335x235px) Image search: [Google]
BUTTler.gif
1MB, 335x235px
>>8156851
Soon
>>
File: 1440992279047.jpg (28KB, 288x350px) Image search: [Google]
1440992279047.jpg
28KB, 288x350px
>>8156380
Tip them in Bitcoins
>>
>>8156888
BORN!
INTO A PACK!
>>
>>8156570
>over two minutes to fold a single towel in a perfect controlled environment
It's gonna be a while before teenagers and breeders don't have jobs
>>
File: 197394787-M.jpg (118KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
197394787-M.jpg
118KB, 600x402px
>>8156380
You know if they expanded their mobile oven concept to be able to make bread/rolls etc. I bet they'd be extremely successful.
>>
>>8157202
I would order fresh bread every week if I didn't have to drive my lazy ass to the bakery across town.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.