[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Halloween's coming /ck/, what are you craving? Pic related,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

File: corn2.jpg (17KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
corn2.jpg
17KB, 274x184px
Halloween's coming /ck/, what are you craving? Pic related, I want these on top of cream cheese frosted vanilla cupcakes
>>
>>8156155
>cream cheese frosted vanilla cupcakes

what the fuck man
>>
>>8156175
I ... meant cream cheese frosting on top of vanilla cupcakes.
>>
>>8156155
Sounds good OP. I wish I knew a gourmet source for them. I swear they had more honey in them as a kid.

I guess I would doctor up that cream cheese frosting to include honey.
>>
>>8156212
Try small off-brand bags from different gas stations
>>
>>8156212
Have you tried the Brach's ones? The others I've tried seem to mess with the mix to stop them from melting but it definitely changes the taste. They also have resealable bulk bags so that's a plus if you plan to use a lot of them over a longer period.
>>
>>8156286
Brachs? Dude, that brand sucks
>>
>>8156290
To each his own. I find that they're far better than the generic brands which all have the taste and consistency of PET plastic. Finding gourmet sources for something as seasonal as candy corn seem like it would be more trouble than its worth (at least where I live).
>>
File: spooky.jpg (145KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.jpg
145KB, 500x329px
>>8156155
Just went to the store looking for these fuckers and came up empty handed. Gonna try candy corn for the first time this year. Also gonna have Reese's Pieces in popcorn on one of these movie nights coming up
>>
File: kitkat-dark-2.jpg (152KB, 800x542px) Image search: [Google]
kitkat-dark-2.jpg
152KB, 800x542px
I don't really eat candy anymore but I gotta say, there is still room in my heart for any sort of chocolate wafer, of any origin.

>russian ones bomb in particular
>>
>>8156311
It's been years since I've been able to find these.
>>
>>8156372
>I don't really eat candy anymore
Same, only I never much cared for chocolate. When I do crave candy I want CANDY. About once a year I buy a bag of gummy bears, and once in a while I'll pick up a roll of sweet tarts or something. Also, every Halloween I buy a roll of Necco wafers, eat a few, and forget about them until next Halloween.
>>
>>8156311
Fuck, now I want some too.
>>
File: candy-corn-and-peanuts-3.1.jpg (1MB, 3318x2212px) Image search: [Google]
candy-corn-and-peanuts-3.1.jpg
1MB, 3318x2212px
>>8156155
candy corn is too sweet for me by itself but it is awesome when you mix it with peanuts, I have to restrict myself to one bag a year during halloween to not get fat.
>>
>>8157573
That's actually a really good idea. The thing about candy corn is that you always look forward to it, and it's good for the first few pieces, and then it gets progressively gross. Throwing in the salt and crunch might actually curb that.
>>
>>8157573
>not to get fat
But peanuts are pretty calorie intensive.
>>
Literally never had candy corn but I kind of imagine that it tastes like sweetened playdough.
>>
Rockets, mang. I fucking love Rockets, but they're only ever on sale during Halloween.
>>
>>8159326
dude that must have been one fucked up childhood.
>>
>>8157573
This is my Halloween vice
>>
>>8156311
>burgers needs instructions on the box for them to not eat anything raw
>>
>>8159332
>Rockets
you means smarties?
>>
>>8159326
It does, basically. They're just sugar and thickener as far as I understand. Not particularly exciting, but sugar will always taste good.
>>
File: enhanced-25732-1414616660-3.jpg (24KB, 478x437px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-25732-1414616660-3.jpg
24KB, 478x437px
>>
>>8156155
I don't know if it was just because I worked at Target at the time, I used to stock up on all the discounted candy during the holidays. I think it might have been the recession, but I haven't seen stores stock as much or discount it as much.
>>
>>8156311
This

I once ate so much candycorn that I can't eat it anymore.
Homemade might better though, less like plastic.
http://altonbrown.com/homemade-candy-corn-recipe/
>>
>>8159333
>there are parts of the world that don't share the same halloween fascination as america
>>
>>8156311
This confuses me. Why not just sell the cooked product?
>>
File: pumpkin.jpg (61KB, 863x1300px) Image search: [Google]
pumpkin.jpg
61KB, 863x1300px
>>8156155
I just had one of these for the first time and holy fuck it was not what I expected. By looking at it, I thought it would taste like those foam bananas, but this had a toffee/caramel thing going on and it was fucking fantastic. I've never had candy corn before. Is it similar?
>>
File: scaries.jpg (67KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
scaries.jpg
67KB, 500x333px
>>8159356
>Smarties
you mean scaries?
>>
>>8160220

Same thing as candy corns.

Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>8160231
Consider me hyped to try candy corn
>>
Cooked pumpkin.
>>
My mom would never let me eat the gel halloween candy. The ones that came in like a very small toothpaste-like sleeve that you could squeeze out into your mouth. She figured those would be the easiest for somebody who may have wanted to poison me to tamper with. I ate every other kind of halloween candy that you can think of though.

To this day, now that I think of it, I have never tried it and would like to taste it sometime. I've never seen that type of candy sold in stores. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?
>>
>>8160227
>Meme saveur originale
>Meme
>>
>>8156311
>Also gonna have Reese's Pieces in popcorn on one of these movie nights coming up
Mmm, my friend used to do this at the movie theatre, just toss them into the bag on top of the popcorn.
>>
>>8160434
Is this a legacy of that whole fuss in America about poisoned halloween candy that happened to like one or two kids and had tons of media hype? Or is your mother just a total neurotic?
>>
File: autumn and peanuts.jpg (252KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
autumn and peanuts.jpg
252KB, 1500x1000px
>>8159533
>It does, basically. They're just sugar and thickener as far as I understand. Not particularly exciting, but sugar will always taste good.
No dude. Playdough tastes like pure salt. Try some.

Candy corn taste like nougat candy, which is what it is, actually. It's a whole genre of candy making, and its one of the last ones using honey not just sugar.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nougat
Nougat candy is old as balls, like centuries old, and it can hold many things, such as fruit and nuts, but what makes it so lovable is that pillowy inside, and firmer outside, that kind of has a chewy, but then melty action. I like it in doses, but not often. But, I wouldn't tell some immature idiot who never had it that it tastes like an inedible child's toy.

My favorite version of it, is the Autumn Mix, cause the banana-ish and chocolate-y essences are so much more flavorful, and they have a softer middle being bigger to start with. There are two ways to buy it, one with just the pumpkins, which taste exactly like candy corn, but the one with the maple ones? It's even better variety. Of course, it's also good with peanuts.
>>
>>8159698
>I don't know if it was just because I worked at Target at the time, I used to stock up on all the discounted candy during the holidays. I think it might have been the recession, but I haven't seen stores stock as much or discount it as much.
I haven't done a post-holiday Target sale, but Walgreen's/CVS both take it 75% off eventually and it's wicked cheap.
>>
File: peep3.jpg (221KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
peep3.jpg
221KB, 1600x1200px
I'm really looking forward to being thoroughly disgusted when I pass by these in the supermarket
>>
>>8161289
The really good Peeps are when they do the minty ones near Christmas, and make amazing hot cocoa topping.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.