[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Birdseye Steamfresh packages? Are these good standalone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 0001450001279_500X500[1].jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
0001450001279_500X500[1].jpg
53KB, 500x500px
Thoughts on Birdseye Steamfresh packages? Are these good standalone meals? They're only about $1.50 per package so it seems like a good deal.

I had one of pic related the other day and added teriyaki sauce and it was good.
>>
>>8154499
Anything in a "ready to eat single serving" package like that is rarely a good deal. $1.50 is not a lot of money outright, but the amount of rice and veg in that thing would cost FAR less if you bought a big sack of rice and some frozen veg mix.

...of course, there is the convenience factor to consider. You can just toss that fucker in the microwave. But as far as price goes? No, it's not a good deal.
>>
>>8154506
>there is the convenience factor to consider.

That was my main consideration. I have a rice cooker but that takes at least 20 minutes to cook and prepare the rice and in addition you have to clean the pot afterword etc. If I had to prepare my own carrots, peas and corn in addition to the rice itself it would take even longer. Time is money as they say.
>>
gosh darn, this blatant intrusive shilling is worse than ever.
let's all buy a 4chan™ Gold™ Pass™ so this never habbens again!
>>
>>8154549
Not trying to shill for any particular brand but this is the brand I have personal experience with. If you have a better suggestion on the same kind of thing I'd be happy to hear.
>>
>>8154603
buy a big-ass bag of generic frozen vegetables. Store brand. Then do the same for instant rice.

When you want to make your ghetto-ass "meal", then just dump a little of the veg and some of the rice into a bowl. Add a splash of water. Microwave.
>>
>>8154608
>Then do the same for instant rice.

They make big bags of frozen instant rice?
>>
>>8154779
No, shipping costs and ice packs needed deter during shipping groceries from considering buying them in bulk so try to sell. People expect big bags to cost less, so supermarkets tend to have the smaller ones to sell at a higher gross profit.
>>
>>8154779

Nope. The "do the same" part referred to purchasing. Not that the instant rice would be frozen. Instant rice is a dry product.

>>8154786
Full retard here. Ice packs aren't used for bulk shipping, they use refrigerated trucks and containers for that purpose.
>>
>>8154792
What's the best instant rice to buy?
>>
>>8154499
If every meal you ate cost $1.50 or less, thats <$135 per month per person for food. Not terrible considering the convienience factor, but you can do better if you spent your time cooking real food.
Have you tried those high protein ones? I don't know why, but I just can't eat those in one sitting and of course they reheat terribly.
>>
>>8154779
even better anon, there's boil n bag rice
>>
>>8154499
Got them on sale. pretty gross.
>>
>>8154518
>time is money

unless you're a work at home nerd time is not money

I hate this saying and people that use it as an excuse for getting fucked for convenience can go fuck themselves
>>
I don't care how much time a "steamfresh" would save. If I can put all that in a rice cooker and find something to keep me busy until it's done, then I will take that over spending more on basic food.

I go through a 5 lb. bag of mixed vegetables roughly every week. Put it all in a rice cooker and when it's done, heat a skillet, throw in a piece of meat and sear it on both sides, and dinner is served. You can also mix it with macaroni and cheese. That's a majority of my meals. Different proteins and sauces make it interesting. Then on the weekend, I order pizza, gyros, subs, etc.
>>
During high school i was glad to have an easy meal of a mixed rice and barley steam bag, plus frozen chicken pieces and frozen vegetables. Put some spices and indian peppers and sauce and it's a nice meal.

You don't have to eat this every time. But it's a nice meal that is extremely easy to do. I kept asking my parents why they spent money on these things, and I guess they had enough things to bother with, that cooking rice and chicken all the time for my high calorie sports fueled body was enough for.

>>8157471
Sounds like advanced cooking that most people don't understand. Plus a little quick. I usually cook food a little slower with more meat instead of just rice
>>8157463
People don't know how to cook fast. The multi-steps and all in one cooking like the previous anon presents is pretty smart. That said, i don't think rice is the best meal lol.

Here OP, now I remember. Either I had frozen chicken from the store, or my mom would cook a big bunch of meat on the stove and that would be the weeks food. Then I could add a bag of rice and at night when I was extra hungry from sports, I steamed extra vegetables.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.