[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My family owns an apiary and this is the honey our bees produce

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: 20161002_201046.png (2MB, 1079x1068px) Image search: [Google]
20161002_201046.png
2MB, 1079x1068px
My family owns an apiary and this is the honey our bees produce in three different seasons (spring, summer and autumn)
>>
File: natgeo_bees.png (415KB, 811x717px) Image search: [Google]
natgeo_bees.png
415KB, 811x717px
>>8149274
>My family owns an apiary
For real?

Have you heard about this OP? Thoughts?
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/10/bees-endangered-species-hawaii-yellow-faced0/
>>
>>8149274
Why is the autumn one so dark? How does it affect the taste?
>>
>>8149274
Ever make your own mead?
>>
>>8149280
The whole world is turning to shit, bro.
>>
>>8149280
That's in Hawaii.

Hawaii's ecology is incredibly unstable due to constant volcanic activity.
>>
>>8150318
Bee populations are in rapid decline everywhere in the world.
>>
>>8149274

how's the flavor of each
>>
>>8149274
mmm lemme drink that honey
>>
>>8150318
No, i'm sorry but this is in italy on lake como and the fact that the color changes is perfectly natural
>>
>>8150461
Darker=stronger, the darkest one has also a bitter note at the end, they are all very good!
>>
>>8149284
The color, flavor, and even the scent of honey can vary widely depending on the source of nectar! In addition, the weather can have an effect on the end result. Darker honey is more flavorful and intense than light, and it also contains a lot of nutrients and minerals that help the bees to overwinter
>>
>>8149274
What do you have to say for yourself for being an awful self-serving bee murderer who kills dozens of bees every time you open up that hive box?

Man-made hives are an abomination of nature and should all be destroyed.
>>
>>8150490
Are you kidding? Do you even know how it works? Why on earth do you think we kill our bees? That would be counterproductive
>>
Honey is so expensive in Australia. Fucken bullshit
>>
>>8150490
The number of bees killed while gathering honey from a hive is an immeasurable fraction of those killed by neoniconitoid pesticides, you fruitcake.
>>
>>8150774
Maybe you are talking about industrial apiaries, we litteraly have three hives and my parents love and take care of our bees every day. Next time think before accusing someone, or do some yoga, it helps realise the stress
>>
Doing god's work OP. When I'm old and move to the countryside I want to get into beekeeping too.
>>
>>8150620
I have a few kg's in the pantry I got a few years ago to make mead.
Got it from a supplier in Brisbane who had 30 or so 44 gallon drums of it.
Let us taste a heap of varieties and then take away 5kg for $30, nice guy.
The Tasmanian was the best, delicious floral flavour.
>>
>>8150815
He's on your side - he's saying fuck all bees are killed due to honey gathering as opposed to the huge numbers killed by poisons.
>>
Does your family mix in cheaper honey with the real thing to sell?
>>
>>8150830
Yah realized later sorry i'm not mothertongue
>>
>>8150827
I'm jealous. How did the mead go? I would've love to have seen that much honey
>>
>>8149274
I have piss jars too so what
>>
>>8150479
>darkest one has also a bitter note at the end
It reads, "Haha! I pissed in this!"
>>
You guys better be selling "raw" honey so you can rip off hipsters.
>>
>>8150318
It's not due to volcanic activity shitkicker, only one of our islands has active volcanos and there's another in the ocean. The invasive species problem is more severe and it's mostly just a difficult to control issue due to the huge tourism industry which regularly brings in foreign species.
T. white guy from Hawaii
>>
>Bunch of bees clumping near my friends garden
>One flies near
>He kills it with his fucking shoe like a barbarian
>Tell him to fuck off
>Call beekeeper to come take care of the bees

Bees are friends, not prey. Fuck wasps though.
>>
>>8151545
I hope you told your friend how big an idiot he is
>>
It's awesome how different flowers will make different flavored honey.
>>
>>8151545
You're telling me this man killed a SINGLE BEE!??!?! what a monster, THE ENTIRE ECOSYSTEM IS DOOMED!!!!!!
>>
>>8150485
If you harvest the bee's winter food, what do they eat?
>>
>>8151965
Avocado honey is shit
>>
>>8152085

You feed them sugar
>>
>>8152085
Sugar water.
>>
>>8152114
>>8152119
can you keep a single bee as a pet? Does it really need a hive?
>>
File: japes.png (480KB, 490x594px) Image search: [Google]
japes.png
480KB, 490x594px
>>8153386
thank you
>>
>>8153386
You could, but it'd probably get a bit lonely. Bees like lots of company.
>>
>>8150438

Not really relevant to reared bees.

With enough sugar you can make enough bees.
>>
>>8149274
I fucking love honey. Cheers
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.