[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have a recipe for pumpkin bread that's NOT pumpkin-flavored

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

>>
>>8148697
crazy wild idea my dude. make up your own recipe!
>>
No because who the fuck does that
>>
>>8148714
Some people just don't have good enough cooking skills to make up their own.
>>
Seconding
>>
>>8148697
I recommend using a pumpernickel recipe that basically steams the bread instead of any that requires leaving. The pumpkin will make the bread dense, and pumpernickel is supposed to be dense so the recipe compliments the new ingredient.
>>
Former baker here.

Looking it up, canned pumpkin is common in America. It's 90% water, so a full can (15oz/425g) is 13floz/382ml water.
A typical scone/soda bread recipe is 64% hydration.
I would guess that we can swap out the buttermilk for some lemon-or-vinegar-spiked canned pumpkin. For one full can, go with:

4.75 cups of self-raising flour (sounds like a lot, I know).
scant 1tsp each of bicarb (baking soda) and salt.
2tbsp of sugar
5 tbsp of fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped + 1tbsp extra (for topping)
5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
140g of ice cold butter or so (that's about a stick and a quarter in USican measures)
a 15oz can of unsalted pumpkin
2tbsp of lemon juice or vinegar
Egg wash

Hot up the oven at 200° (400°F); meanwhile, sift the flour with the sugar, salt and bicarb.
Stir in the rosemary and garlic.
Cut in the butter.
Mix the pumpkin and lemon juice/vinegar together and add that to the flour, taking care not to mix too much.

For scones, roll out, brush with egg wash, sprinkle with additional rosemary, cut and bake 15ish minutes.

For soda bread, form into two loaf-like shapes, brush with egg wash and sprinkle with rosemary then bake for 30-45 minutes, depending on the shape you've made your loaves.
>>
>>8148842
calm down with the god-tier posts pham. god damn.
>>
make some pumpkin soup and dip bread in it.

Don't bother making 'pumpkin bread'
>>
>>8148897
yeah don't make spaghetti either OP. just boil some ramen and put some ketchup on it. don't even bother.
>>
>>8148842
Thanks, anon. Gonna try that as soon as they get canned pumpkin in stores here in Europe.
>>
>>8148893
Thanks for saying so. To be clear, I made that recipe up on the fly so I can't speak to how well it will work in practise, but it sounds good in my head in theory.

I'm hoping someone tries it and confirms (or disproves) the recipe.

>>8148945
Yeah, my country doesn't sell pumpkin that way, either.
>>
>>8148842
Has anyone been able to test this yet?
I have a friend who bakes his own bread and I'm considering sending him this recipe.
>>
File: what corgi dog peanut butter.jpg (118KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
what corgi dog peanut butter.jpg
118KB, 600x450px
>>8148903
>>
Eat Pumpkin.
>>
>>8150691
>Has anyone been able to test this yet?

bad recipe. All you need to make pumpkin bread is pumpkin spice and some sugar.
>>
File: 1474425793858.jpg (115KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
1474425793858.jpg
115KB, 640x625px
>>8148816
>compliments
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.