[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/29/insi de-the-pizza-chain-thats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 103976931-pizza3.600x400.jpg (45KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
103976931-pizza3.600x400.jpg
45KB, 600x400px
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/29/inside-the-pizza-chain-thats-replacing-chefs-with-robots.html

Is cost of initial buy-in worth it?
>>
File: shartinmart.jpg (474KB, 1773x1773px) Image search: [Google]
shartinmart.jpg
474KB, 1773x1773px
>$15 an hour
>>
>>8147049
If unskilled laborers keep demanding more pay, you bet it is.

More and more jobs like this will be getting automated in the near future.
>>
>>8147049
There's already small restaurants that use robot chefs, and there's even a place with robotic waiters in China.
>>
I don't understand why they wouldn't just hire illegal line cooks with experience under the table to work the entire line part time for less pay. The current (real) BoH system works just fine.
>>
>>8147246
Enjoy that massive welfare drain on society with millions upon millions out of jobs.
>>
>>8147272
Tragedy of the commons
>>
>>8147258

because not even illegals will work for the amortized 3 dollars or less an hour that automation costs, combined with the increased product quality and output increasing sales further.

there are zero fucking reasons for anyone to be spending their time working in fast food or other shit jobs, it's far cheaper to have robots do it.
>>
>>8147258
Machines never call in sick, can't sue and have no rights.

>>8147388
Reducing amount of additional workers.
>>
think of how many tasks a computer performs for virtually nothing.

Back in the day, a person had to crunch all those numbers, which computers can do in nanoseconds.
>>
>>8147049
Yes. 100% of the time, yes.

Over an infinite amount of time a robot will outperform a human on any task. If you can automate a task for a hundred quadrillion dollars it's worth it in the long run. You don't have to deal with pay, insurance, poor attitude, job hoppers. A robot just works. It might require maintenance periodically but an hour of downtime every so often is nothing compared to the 16 hours of downtime that the average human takes every day.
>>
File: 1463625256612.jpg (51KB, 350x418px) Image search: [Google]
1463625256612.jpg
51KB, 350x418px
>>8147049
>Be a painter
>Will never be replaced by a robot
>mfw
>>
the real answer is to kill people off

starting with dark skins and getting progressively lighter

you'd be good to stop after brown though
>>
>>8147952
LMOA @ ur life rit now famalam. Software development is where it's at.

http://fortune.com/2016/03/01/google-deepdream-art/
>>
replacing waiters and cashiers with robots
thats a no brainer

but replacing chefs, i don't know
>>
>>8148426
It's a delivery joint senpai. They already have vending machines that make pizza in some places
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.