[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

going to longhorn steakhouse. Never been. What do I get and how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: menu.jpg (261KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
menu.jpg
261KB, 600x800px
going to longhorn steakhouse. Never been. What do I get and how do I get my steak cooked?
>>
You should get the prime rib, I'm sure it will be a gourmet dining experience.
>>
>>8146429
isn't prime rib meme meat?
>>
get whatever you normally would get

the food quality is decent and it's not like anything there is a good value
>>
>>8146447
but i was vegan and now I am not so I literally dont know what to get at a steakhouse
>>
>>8146452
You should stay vegan and get a salad.
>>
>>8146417
They don't even have prices on the menu. You should refuse to patronize them.

At a minimum make the server read every price to you (promise a big tip in advance so he doesn't fuck with your food), then leave NO TIP
>>
>>8146452
rib eye med-rare with broccoli and <insert other side here>
>>
>>8146452
Other posters are just being jealous fags. Good on you OP.

Longhorn's a mid-tier Steakhouse, still pretty good but not super high-end. You'll end up paying a decent amount but it's a steakhouse, just enjoy. Stick with the basic stuff for a good experience.

In my experience, the best things to get at a steakhouse are a steak, steak fries, and mushrooms. Asparagus is a good choice too, if you like asparagus. Longhorn salads attempt to be a full meal so skip those unless you really want more vegetables. Most of the appetizers are boring imo, but you can't go wrong with a shrimp cocktail. Order anything besides that and you'll be too stuffed to eat your actual steak.

Best steaks at these places are Ribeyes imo. Ribeyes have that rib of fat that requires a bit more cooking than other steaks, which makes it perfect to order at a steakhouse. Order that medium. Porterhouse is always good medium rare. T-Bone is a pretty good choice too, though I'm wary of anything described as "Fire Grilled". If you don't know how cooked you like your steak you'll always sound fancy if you order it cooked to "chef's preference."

Normally your sides are going to be served family style, so just get a steak for yourself and sides for the table. Can't really recommend dessert, if you just take your time and enjoy your steak you probably won't want dessert.

Enjoy the steakhouse OP, haven't been to one since before my chemo. Angling to go for my next birthday.
>>
>>8146417
You go somewhere else.
>>
The chicken finger platter there is God-tier. Also, the parm-crusted asparagus.
>>
>>8146417
Hard to go wrong with a ribeye cooked rare, even a bit on the blue side of rare. Loaded baked potato as a side is the obvious choice.
>>
>>8146689
>ribeye, medium
>porterhouse, medium rare

Shit advice 2bh

Op don't get an overcooked steak.
>>
>>8146417
I always order Prime Rib wherever I go.
>>
>>8146445
>the all delicious things are memes meme
>>
Get the ribeye cooked medium rare with a baked potato and some vegetables. You're welcome.
>>
File: longhorn_medium.jpg (137KB, 960x611px) Image search: [Google]
longhorn_medium.jpg
137KB, 960x611px
>>8146713
We're talking about Longhorn's here, OP isn't going to the great cattle farm in the sky. Medium to medium rare is fine.
>>
>>8146417
I got an NY strip there and it was cooked perfectly, plus their mac n cheese is really good
>>
>>8146417
I go here all the time for the outlaw ribeye. It is fucking fantastic. Get it and be happy, I promise. Also get the blackberry ice tea.
>>
>>8146417
>how do I get my steak cooked?
en fuego
>>
>>8146689
thanks. I got a rare sirloin with asparagus. shit was really good. I wish I read your post before I left.
>>
>eating British food

I imagine it's like having a large bird vomit in your mouth
>>
the longhorn by me is packed with niggers.

the second and last time i was there one saw her ex-bf with another woman and frisbee'd a plate at her head.
>>
>>8146417
$5 steak vs. $40 to $50 steak house dinner. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji1J0QZkKA4
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.