[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soup co/ck/s. Thinking about grilling a pork belly on my Weber

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1024px-Schweinebauch-2.jpg (105KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Schweinebauch-2.jpg
105KB, 1024x682px
Soup co/ck/s.

Thinking about grilling a pork belly on my Weber grill this weekend. Never cooked pork belly before, let alone grilled it.

I've researched the basics (scoring the fat).

Anyone got any tips? Looking for a crispy outside, tender inside, "bbq" style rub/sauce.
>>
low and slow
>>
>>8140917
preboil on a low simmer
>>
pressure cook the shit out of it
>>
Why not steam it?
>>
>>8140917
Smoke it with apple (or hickory) wood. Posted this in another thread on bbq, but here goes again: pile up a bunch (how much is a matter of how long you plan on cooking it for, not knowing the weight or the nature of the meat 'bunch' will have to do) of charcoal on one side of the kettle, pour 1/3 that amount of lit coals on top. The reason for this is to allow for a long controlled smoke via the vents. On the other side of the kettle place a aluminum baking pan filled with water (or cider), this serves to add moisture to the smoking environment. Place either an aluminum foil packet filled with soaked wood chips and poked with holes, or a whole soaked chunk of wood over the coals. Place meat over the water pan. Arrange lid so that the vents are over the meat as to draw smoke across it. That's the basic set up for smoking in a Webber kettle. I'm not familiar with smoking belly, so I don't have any tips on temp ranges or time, you'll end have to do your homework on that. If you do Apple wood/cider brown sugar with a touch of cinnamon and maybe cayenne may make for a good rub, if hickory, cracked black pepper.
>>
>>8142787
If you go hickory route, you can't beat this mop, though I'm not sure how well it'd go with belly. From one of the best bbq joints in the States (bbq styles vary from region to region btw if your not an American, but that's a whole other discussion): https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/11519157/coopers-llanotx-bbqmop-sauce/?locale=en_US
>>
>>8142739
Fuck off, oriental
>>
>>8140917
make twice cooked pork
first youd boil it, then stir fry it. throw in some chili, jalapenos and red peppers with it
>>
>>8142797
And on woods: https://pitbossbelt.com/wp/best-wood-for-smoking-meat-oak-hickory-maple-mesquite
GL OP, have fun, post results.
>>
>>8142797
>>8142821
Finally, you might consider a North Carolina style bbq sauce as it is traditionally served with pork
>>
>>8140917
I personally would sear it, braise it with some strong liquid like whiskey and stone fruit, then grill it.

I don't know how I'd deal with the fat. I would probably crush up the fruit and make a little sauce.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.