[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else a fan of borscht? Pic related I did >sear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: borscht.jpg (169KB, 1359x761px) Image search: [Google]
borscht.jpg
169KB, 1359x761px
Is anyone else a fan of borscht?

Pic related I did
>sear 1lb stewing beef in a large dutch oven pot
>add 8 cups of water in and three tennis ball sized beets, peeled and shredded (use a food processor)
>add a teaspoon or two of salt and sugar
>boil for 10-15 min and then add 3 peeled diced potatoes and three grated carrots
>boil for 10-15 min longer and then throw in 1/2 of a medium size head of cabbage shredded along with two 28oz cans of diced tomato and and few tablespoons of heinz ketchup (optional for memesters)
>add one diced medium sized onion worth of fried onions
>boil until cabbage is tender and remove from heat, add 5 cloves of minced garlic and stir it in raw

I've only just discovered this stuff and it's the hypest shit for cold leftovers and it's pretty cheap to make as well. It's easily my favorite kind of stew that I've ever had.
>>
i would eat the shit outta that
>>
>>8136884
Pretty big fan of borscht. There are many different kinds. I've had Christmas borscht, white borscht, Spring borscht, vegetarian borscht... All were pretty good. The simplest (and cheapest) example I make is vegetarian:

Saute onion on fat of choice. Add chopped cabbage. Add beets and carrots. Season with salt. Add enough water to cover, a dash of vinegar and a handful of lima beans. Simmer until beets are cooked through. Serve garnished with chopped fresh dill.
>>
>>8136884
yeah im going to make this

only issue is, no dutch oven pot. I'll just saute the beef instead
>>
>>8136884
I like it. But I don't put meat in it (not because I'm a Vegan.) Also I roast my beets first wrapped in foil with some rosemary and don't use so much tomato.
>>
>>8136910

It would be delicious without any meat, I only did one pound of beef and they're basically surprises that you occasionally stumble across for variety

>>8136909

Watch out if you don't have a really big pot, I made enough to feed 8 people heartily easy. I'd tell you how big my dutch oven pot is but I forget

>>8136908

I want to try making all of these at some point, maybe I'll do white borscht next because it sounds interesting

>>8136901

When they invent internet teleporters I'll send you some
>>
>>8136884

Would eat.

I'd prefer to carmelize my veggies before tossing them in, though...
>>
Borscht.
>>
I like it without any beef. Tarator is also pretty great, check that cold soup out. Worked in eastern europe for a bit so ate this quite alot.
>>
>>8136954
>carmelize
What?
>>
>>8137144

you can caramelize pretty much any vegetable that has carbs in it if you sauté it low and slow enough
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.