[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The healthiest way or cooking chicken besides boiling? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

The healthiest way or cooking chicken besides boiling?

I'm keeping a pretty strict diet and getting /fit/ at the same time, and as you know, chicken breast are a great source of lean protein and calories.
Due to health complications, I can't eat fried foods very often and I'm pretty bored of eating it boiled every day.
>>
if only there was a common household cooking appliance that allowed you to cook meats, breads, and pastries
>>
>>8132469
this
>>
Brine it for 1-2 hours in water and salt and bake it
and don't forget to slice against the grain
>>
>>8132478
Temperature and time?
>>
place 1-4 chicken breasts on a paper plate. Microwave on high until done in the center, sprinkle some salt and eat. Yum.
>>
>baking
>broiling
>grilling
>>
File: dsc05737.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
dsc05737.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>8132466
Steamed chicken breast with assorted vegetables and rice is a pretty decent meal.
>>
pan with some oil to make it the most delicious
>>
When you say fried, do you mean battered and cooked in a deep fry, or do you mean that cooking it in any amount of oil is not possible?
>>
I swear, I fucking haTE THIS BOARD MORE TIMES THEN NOT:
>>
>>8132484

For a breast like in the OP image, 20 minutes at around 400 degrees should do. Or you can just buy a meat thermometer and figure it out for yourself and you'll never have to worry about having raw meat.
>>
>>8132548
>white rice

No
>>
File: Chicken Cutlet.jpg (387KB, 1001x1801px) Image search: [Google]
Chicken Cutlet.jpg
387KB, 1001x1801px
Pic and these
>>8132469
>>8132478

Not this
>>8132498
>>
Chicken is not healthy
>>
Pan sear then finish in the oven. Don't forget to try out different seasonings and marinades

Plain boiled chicken breast must be awful
>>
>>8132466
Op I did this tonight
>4t salt
>2 t paprika
>1t onion powder
>1t garlic powder
>1/2 T pepper
>1 rounded. t dried thyme
>1/4 c virgin olive oil

The recipe says it's good for 2-2 1/2 lbs of chicke, and I cook 2 lbs for the week and it was a bit salty, so either add less salt or cook more chicken. Also if you couldn't afford to use a little oil (calorie wise), water should work fine, but I'd use a bit more than a quarter cup. I just sliced the chicken thin, fried it in a pan with the mixture, than had over white rice, wasn't too bad
>>
>>8132561
go back to tumblr you fat retarded 13 year old
>>
>>8132466
Either grill it outside or get a cheap grill pan.

Either cut the chicken really thin or pound it out.

S&P is the only seasoning you really need.

Get the grill/grill pan as hot as you can and cook until done w/ nice dark grill marks.

Best way to eat non-fried chicken breast imo. Your never going to get the flavor of a non-breast chicken meat however, the texture and grilled flavor make it pretty enjoyable.
>>
why are people from /fit/ so bad at cooking
they measure out their chicken and rice and eat it with absolutely no seasonings at all, or they fucking BOIL it like the OP, and complain about it tasting bad
>>
File: Braindead-Rat-Monkey.png (534KB, 846x451px) Image search: [Google]
Braindead-Rat-Monkey.png
534KB, 846x451px
>>8132466
>breast meat
>boiling

>>8132878
>1t onion powder
>1t garlic powder
>not onion and garlic

rrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>
>>8132469
It's called an oven buddy
>>
>>8133089

>>
>>8132466
Don't boil it, you mong. Poach it with some salt and aromatics in the water, if you must.
>>
what's super good if you're using thigh, is to poach it in a court-bouillon with some mushrooms, then line a pan with baking parchment, press the chicken into it skin side down and weigh down with another pan or something to render the fat and crisp the skin. you can reduce the poaching liquor and whisk with the rendered fat to make a jus
>>
File: image.jpg (488KB, 1089x1338px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
488KB, 1089x1338px
I eat this 5 times a day.
It's boring.
>>
>>8133156
That looks gross, I feel sorry for ya mayne

I hope they aren't frozen veg either
>>
>>8132466
>boiling
what?
you mean chicken soup?
>>
>>8133165
What do you call cooking chicken in boiling water then? English isn't my first language and I don't know all the culinary terms.
>>
>>8133190
>What do you call cooking chicken in boiling water then?
I don't know, I didn't even know it was possible to cook it that way.
I can't imagine it tasting great unless there's a special way of doing it.
>>
>>8133195

you didn't know it was possible to cook chicken by boiling it. ok.

can i get your location so i can call social services?
>>
Are you fucking retarded? Seriously what's with the people posting here these days.
>>
>>8133206
I mean I guess it's possible to boil any kind of meat technically, but I never thought of boiling steak or ribs for example.
I guess it doesn't taste very good, just like boiled chicken.
>>
>>8133209

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollito_Misto
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot-au-feu

ribs made at home are commonly boiled before being baked to break them down quicker. corned beef is boiled. you can boil anything and indeed people do all over the world.

with something that is light on flavour and lean you have to be a lot more careful with the seasoning and temperature though. i love whole poached chickens if done right.
>>
>>8133216
Ah okay, I didn't think OP was talking about pot-au-feu or stew.
Those are great.
>>
>>8133209
If you just boil it and do nothing to it it will taste of ass.

Boiling it makes it easier to shred for things like burritos but you'll still need to add flavor in the form of flavored liquid and seasonings and a quick sear when it's almost done before you shred.
>>
>>8132466
Boiled, broiled, baked, grilled, sautéed, in soup, in stew, sous vide, and fried.

Now just lick the way you want to cook it, add some seasonings, ingredients and wala.
>>
Thanks a lot guys
>>
>>8133156
This is literally what I eat with my chicken, with rice included. It's great for nutrition and getting your protons ans nutrients in. Howver I might switch to fresh veg even though frozen mixed veg is easier to cook and prepare.
>>
>>8132466
OK, I'll bite.

Make kebabs.
Marinade the chicken in oil and lemon juice and the herbs and spices of your liking.
Roast over charcoal
>>
OP, beans are also a great way to get protein without adding in a bunch of fat. Definitely mix up your proteins a little more. Plus you can just cook the beans on your stovetop with a shitton of spices and have some actual flavor.
>>
>>8132776
That's very obviously brown rice.
>>
>>8132466
I cook chicken breast in the oven nearly every single day. Just put a tiny bit of olive oil on it and that's it.

I usually have it with rice and broccoli and I just cover it in a decent amount of bbq or hotsauce. No extra salt adde, nothing. It's a very healthy meal with the sauce as long as you don't use some fucked up high calorie sauce like ranch etc
>>
>>8133039
i cant understand number 2
>>
>>8133313
Sadly, frozen vegetables will likely have more nutrients and flavor since they're flash frozen at peak freshness. Flash freezing protects the texture, and I doubt most people could even tell.
>>
>>8134285

1/2 tablespoon of thyme
>>
>>8134285
It's thyme.

I'm going to guess these are teaspoons since 2/3 tablespoon of salt, 1 tablespoon celery salt, and 2 tablespoons of garlic salt per 2 cups of flour would be a lot.

There's 3 teaspoons to a tablespoon, and 4 teaspoons of paprika per 2 cups of flour seems about right. 4 tablespoons? That's enough to make the flour look pink.
>>
>>8133374

Whatever it is it doesn't looked cooked properly.
>>
Pop it in the toaster. Drizzle in a bit of low fat Italian dressing.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.