[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so /ck/ how do i into ramen? instant ramen tastes like cancer,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

so /ck/
how do i into ramen?
instant ramen tastes like cancer, proper ramen broth takes forever to make, is there a middleground?

noodle based cuisine thread i guess
>>
>>8131928
>inb4 ramen sundae
>>
File: 201.jpg (21KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
201.jpg
21KB, 300x100px
>>8131928
Use a broth and water mix to boil or microwave your your ramen. Hot oil on a frying pan at medium heat will cook almost any vegetable and thin meat in the world within the matter of time it takes for you to cook the ramen. And if you can boil water, poach an egg inside the shell, good stuff.
I don't go for the chive meme, and too many spices can sink to the bottom of your ramen, almost pointless. You can cook the ramen without even using heat - just leave it in water for about an hour or so. Soy/Teriyaki sauce is an absolute must. I love adding sriracha to my noodles, or any hot sauce really. I do NOT recommend adding scrambled eggs to your ramen, or any smaller bits of food that will get soggy and flood your dish. The first bowl of ramen I ever had a friend made for me and the ramen was crushed into small pieces to fit into a bowl. The ramen that comes int he plastic bowls are the best, the quality is actually worth the money in my experience personally, next you've got your little bags like pic related, and the cardboard/paper bowls are the fucking worst. Fuck those little dried veggies and meat packets. You can also turn your ramen into macaroni with some cheese and milk.
>>
File: 1408226321786.jpg (124KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1408226321786.jpg
124KB, 1920x1080px
>>8131928
And you gone want your basic weeaboo noodles, I've read there are seven.
>Soba
>Udon
>Ramen
>Cellophane
>Rice noodles
>Lo Mein
I'm sure debates lie within whether or not some or all of these mentioned are Asian noodles with Asian roots, and by Asian I of course mean Southeast Asian, and of course there are hundreds of other types of noodles around the world. In one of those cooking along threads somewhere around here someone made home made noodles. Which seems like an awesome thing to do. The technique is something like creating a volcanic mold of flour and salt with egg yolks in the middle or something. Check it out sometime OP.
>>
>>8131928
*sigh* this is a daily post that should be banned, that said, assuming you're not being a shitposter here's what you do: ditch the 'flavor packet,' get yourself some "better than bullion," chicken, beef, veg, and shrimp/lobster (I forget which, doesn't matter, if you can find it). For a regs ramen a mix a 1/2 tsp each of chix,beef,veg btb into some boiling water, carefully crack an egg into it and poach until it is semi hard. Fish it out and and put it in a small dish and soak it in soy sauce (several heavy dashes), rice vinegar, sesame oil, crushed red pepper. Let sit while you do this. Throw your packaged noodles in the bin. Put your broth on a slow rolling boil and throw in some wheat spaget, when it's about 2/3 done, throw spinach, snow peas, mushrooms shredded broccoli, carrots, cabbage (all of which can be bought pre pack and frozen, makes it quicker), then pour in the poached egg and all the sauces. Top with minced scallions (also can be frozen). Thinly sliced meat can be added as well, buy from a Mexican market or get your butcher to do it, freeze in individual packages, as well as shell fish etc. You can tweek it with Thai curry paste, brown sugar, coconut milk, fettuccine, etc.
>>
>>8132052
Beats 'za', fast food, hot pockets, memeware, and the shitty youtubers
I've been in an alcohol thread that lasted a week, these threads at least have potential don't you think?
>>
>>8131928
Just simmer pork broth (check your local Mexican market for bouillon cubes) with ginger, green onions and a bit of rendered pork fat to nigger-rig a broth. Once you have that down the rest is relatively easy.
>>
>>8132066
You certainly aren't wrong, this is my at least twice a week "ramen," recipe, if OP isn't pumping or butts per the usual, we all may get some good ideas, but don't hold your breath the Aussies will show up shortly.
>>
>>8132088
Are Aussies jelly they didn't think of noodles?
>>
>>8132110
Yah, nah. They're Aussies. They're to shitposting to what the paid Russian trolls are, yet they do it purely for the "a spider could kill me at any minute" lulz, where the latter are just Russians.
>>
>>8131928
>proper ramen broth takes forever to make
not if you have a pressure cooker!
Throw that meat and bones in the pot, asian stock seasoning such as a knob of ginger, garlic, anise, and lid on and high only about 25 minutes. Get 'er done! Strain, chill, defat. Freeze. Ready in a minute when you want your ramen mood. Or just enjoy immediately. Egg noodles are actually easy to make from scratch and simmer immediately. Watch any old Mario Batali episode to see the well method of pasta masting.
>>
>>8131928
Make a miso base for your ramen. That's good. It's pretty much the only base I'll use if I don't have time to make tonkotsu base.
>>
>>8132150
ooh yeah miso ramen is delicious.
shame miso paste is hard to come by where i live
>>
>>8131928
In Japan in the frozen aisle they used to have pre-frozen ramen kits. it'd be upwards of 3-400yen for one sometimes but it'd literally be a whole bowl of ramen just frozen solid that you can microwave and add your own stuff to if you wanna. had veges and meat and perfect broth and the lot in it.

I dont know how it hasnt taken off overseas. I'd gladly pay $4 for a frozen dinner-tier bowl of ramen over dried instant stuff, or paying $10+ at a restaurant
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-2-qVgGQak
>>
>>8132013
>>8132052
>>8132088
>>8132110
Oow blooh huh huh!
>>
>>8131928
You go out for it like most people.
>>
>>8131928

First off, never trust the faggots who tell you that you can turn instant Ramen into something delicious. It's not technically wrong, but it's fucking retarded. If you add a million things you might aswell leave out the flavoring.

Now for Ramen, I believe almost every asian supermarket stocks them. Relatively cheap, too. That should never be the problem. Of course fresh is better than dried, but dried is still okay.

The stock is the only real issue here. Ajitsuke Tamago is made very easily. Chashu might take some time, but it's worth it any way since you can eat it with a million different dishes. Make a sandwich, eat it with rice, in a stir fry..

For the broth you have multiple options. I understand not everyone has time for a 6-hour Tonkotsu broth.

If you want a quick, flavorfull broth, consider some of the following ingredients: Mushrooms of all kind, especially Shiitake of course; Seafood of choice; Dried fish or Shrimp; actual pig fat, preferably as one piece.

You can add flavor to a broth that's only been cooking for one or two hours with Tare! Try experimenting with: Miso, Salt, Mirin, Dashi, Su, Sake, Spices, Garlic & Ginger paste (make it yourself!), (Roasted) Sesame Oil, Chili Oil.

For reference: http://www.ramenchemistry.com/blog/2015/1/23/ramen-1013-tare

Seriouseats is also a good stop. The best Ramen broth I've encountered is David Chang's.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.