[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you bake potatoes well so that you can still cook them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0517[1].jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0517[1].jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
how do you bake potatoes well so that you can still cook them fully to the center, while not burning the surface? pic related i just made these and some are still a bit semi soft/mushy in the core. is that just the way it is?
>>
>>8131681
Baked potatoes are supposed to be soft. What do you think they are supposed to be like?
>>
>>8131681
Parcook them in water.
>>
>>8131687
sorry i meant that they were still a bit hard not soft.

>>8131689
wouldn't that make them too soggy for a good outer layer to form?
>>
>>8131691
No, infact it's the opposite.

Parboil until a knife can slide in, drain water, salt (or boil in very salty water), shake hard with some oil and the lid on to rough up the edges for extra crispiness and then pour onto your dish.

Preheating an oven dish with some oil in it also helps (but not until the oil smokes, just a few mins)
>>
>>8131681
wrap the potatoe in foil and bake like that. it's almost like steaming them, they skin doesn't get hard, and the potatoe is soft on the inside
>>
>>8132185
Don't fucking do that, why would you not want a nice crispy skin to bite into?
>>
literally just microwave them. it dries out the skin/surface so they brown quicker and cooks them quickly
>>
File: 1463589124603.jpg (40KB, 600x518px) Image search: [Google]
1463589124603.jpg
40KB, 600x518px
>>8132185
>foil
>not rubbing it with salt, pepper, and oil and sticking it in the oven
lrn2pot8o
>>
>>8131689
This. They come out crispy on the outside and heavenly on the inside.
>>
Slow cook then flash cook.
>>
>>8132805
>>8132958
OP said he DIDN'T want the skin like that, that's why I suggested that. If you WANT the crispy skin then yes, you drizzle with olive oil and bake it a little hotter
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.