[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you care a lot about "value"/portion size when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_8140.jpg (636KB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8140.jpg
636KB, 3456x2304px
Do you care a lot about "value"/portion size when you dine out?
>>
yes

not only do i love chinese food because of that, vietnamese is also good
>>
yeah, I'm real hungry
>>
I'm cheap and pretty much never finish anything on my plate(for example on the rare burger I can only eat half). I love taking home leftovers. I'm fine with small portions as long as it's cheap. If I'm paying out my ass for something I best damn have something to take home.

I did go to some Italian place were the plates were ridiculously huge. Meant to be shared but even my fat ass family couldn't finish anything. Wasn't expensive from what I remember either. If I can take shit home it's fine. I pay for myself for buffets since I know I'm not worth taking with how little I usually get. Though even if I'm paying for anything I still get shit from it. I'm envious of those who can get all this good shit and enjoy it, and go back for more of the same or different shit.

If it's one small expensive thing I hope it's worth it, can't be bothered to make myself or get it.
>>
>>8100348
It depends. Often when I "eat out" I am only doing it because it is the most convenient source of food and I can't go home and eat. Those times I care about portion size. The other times I go out, like when I actually leave my home to eat at a restaurant, it is more about the experience of eating in a restaurant.
>>
No. If I wanted to eat to get full, I'd feed myself at home. I go out for taste.

So, when I'm at places I'd rather them serve small dishes so I can try a lot of things, rather than massive entrees or whatever.
>>
>>8100348
it's the ONLY thing I care about when dining out. i'm not shelling out money for a snack pack sized portion.
always pissed me off these "high-end" restaurants you pay $70 for a "steak" that is the size of a fist and the rest of the plate is empty.
>>
>>8100348

>"value"/portion size

Why is "value" the one in quotes? Value has a clear meaning that includes portion size, along with quality and price. Makes you sound like a fatty who only cares about the quantity of slop set down in front of you, all else being equal.
>>
>>8100348
Yes, it pisses me off a little when the portions are obnoxiously big. I don't like to waste food and I also don't want to eat 1000 calories of whatever I ordered.
Honestly in many cases I would rather pay the same amount for a reasonable portion than a 'generous' one, because I consider that value added in terms of a pleasant dining experience.
>>
>>8100348
yeah. I'm never eating at chilis again.
>>
>>8100435
this this this.

>>8100727
You pay for an experience at good restaurants, not sustenance.
>>
It depends on how good the food is. And what style of restaurant it is. If I'm at a greasy spoon diner, a barbecue joint, or American Chinese takeout, I'd better get gut-busting amounts of food. If I'm at a higher-end restaurant serving multi-course menus that the chef worked really hard to plan, I actually prefer smaller portions. You rarely come away feeling like you weren't properly fed at those places.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.